X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
    Can not allow R99 to have all the fun :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9034.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	335253
    Trust me you will need every bit of experience gained from building that Tiger in order to build the Centurion. By far the Centurion is the most time consuming of all the Tamiya tanks I have built over the years.

Comment

I am glad you forewarned me. I need to follow your Centurion thread closely :-)

Comment

Thanks for the info on the AAF Tank Museum Online Store. Super deals, wow.

VR

Comment

The work I did on it this weekend. Everything inside was hooked up just the way the manual instructed me too. Tamiya step by step instruction was very throughout. DMD and MFU were connected. Everything runs. The barrel recoiled after the shot and not before like the HL :-). I have primed it last night. Today airbrushed a 1st Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9058.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	335463 dark yellow coat on it.

Comment

I will follow the Tamiya Ardennes 1944 offensive paint scheme pictures.

Name:	IMG_9057(1).jpg
Views:	385
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	335465

Comment

Reply to bump for more suggestions on “1st Tamiya R/C tank”. One big question; are the kits from non-USA retailers more “complete” - as in everything needed to make RTR? Or, USA retailers? TIA!

Comment

Originally posted by Nfafan View Post
                Reply to bump for more suggestions on “1st Tamiya R/C tank”. One big question; are the kits from non-USA retailers more “complete” - as in everything needed to make RTR? Or, USA retailers? TIA!
                The newer Japanese kits typically include a radio system. The US versions do not come with radio systems. Otherwise the kit are the same more less.

Comment

I did the paint on the wheels for now so I could put the tracks on to run it.

Name:	IMG_9122.JPG
Views:	347
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	335708

Comment

Very nice.
                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

I am trying to get my King Tiger finished so I can bring it to celebrate the Lunar New year at my sister's house. This is the year of the Tiger.

Name:	IMG_9150.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	335898

Comment

The King Tiger is now at the acceptable stage. It was delivered a month too late for the battle in the Ardennes :-(

Name:	IMG_9175.JPG
Views:	326
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	336011

Comment

Name:	IMG_9178.JPG
Views:	315
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	336013

Name:	IMG_9172.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	336014

Comment

Name:	IMG_9181.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	336016

Comment

Many thanks for all of your inputs for me to pick my first boxed Tamiya tank. I did not build it first though. I got that small jagdpanzer IV after, but I started that one 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Vintage Racer View Post
                                Thanks for the info on the AAF Tank Museum Online Store. Super deals, wow.

VR
                                I saw my credit statement for this month. It showed AAF Museum charged me $100. So the conclusion is AAF Museum charged me the price of the kit when I purchased it. Then almost a month later, they would charge that $100 shipping fee.

Comment

I saw my credit statement for this month. It showed AAF Museum charged me $100. So the conclusion is AAF Museum charged me the price of the kit when I purchased it. Then almost a month later, they would charge that $100 shipping fee.
                                  Are you sure that $100 is not for the pre-order of the Centurion?

Comment

Oh! I totally forgot about that transaction. That's right. Thank you for reminding and correcting me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                                      Best jump on the Pershing that Motion has because they have been discontinued for the foreseeable future. $899 with free shipping is a steal for an in the box unbuilt Pershing right now. I am tempted myself just to buy it and turn it for a profit!! They are becoming harder and harder to find.
                                      I was too slow to make a move on that Tamiya M26 from MotionRC following your recommendation. After that, I thought that I would not able to get one since you mentioned it was hard to find. Well I've gotten one :-)

It's time to get tools, accessories, and a TBU. Then I will load them up.

Name:	IMG_9378.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	336951

Comment

I was too slow to make a move on that Tamiya M26 from MotionRC following your recommendation. After that, I thought that I would not able to get one since you mentioned it was hard to find. Well I've gotten one :-)

It's time to get tools, accessories, and a TBU. Then I will load them up.

Name:	IMG_9378.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	336951
                                        Good to see you got one. Now to hope it was put together well. There are a couple of small things to check and make sure were installed correctly.

Also it runs best on a 8.4 volt battery but you will have to make room inside the tank to fit one.

If built well it is an outstanding all around tank. 👍👍

Comment

For real? You just got a pershing?
                                          Where did you find that at???
                                          RC tank parts and accessories I make
                                          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Working...
                                          X