Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it! but unfortunately I don't have any small 2 pin plug that would fit. I have to go get some.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
      Got it! but unfortunately I don't have any small 2 pin plug that would fit. I have to go get some.
      David, it looks like an old-style bind plug where the single wire is looped, it comes with every Torro/Taigen, in the same bag as the 6 Rx-Servo bridge wires. You gotta have at least some with all the Taigen's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 01-29-22 at 12.36 PM.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	335974

Comment

Thank you so so much! I didn't realize about that little plug. It was in a different box. My tank runs now with the Spectrum DX controlling it. I took out the smoker plug. You are the best . I will order 9 more orange receivers for the rest of my Torro/Taigen tanks.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted out, driving experience should be smoother in acceleration/deceleration. Not to be off-topic, I still have to sort out a separate issue on a T-34 I just p/u, it somehow was fitted with a Tiger sound card instead of the JS-2, and I am still trying to figure out how to mod the smoker, hate these connections to the top deck.

Comment

My channel 6 is the on/off switch. Channel 5 is the fire of the main gun. The other 4 are for the gun elevation, turret turning, and direction of tracks running. So I need to have all 6 channels plugged in. Hope you sort out the right sound for your T-34.

Comment

Nothing to sort out on the sound, LOL, might be quicker if I just buy the module from Motion than wait for the slow boat from China, especially since I need some Li-ion packs.

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
                Nothing to sort out on the sound, LOL, might be quicker if I just buy the module from Motion than wait for the slow boat from China, especially since I need some Li-ion packs.
                Hope you got the module faster than I got the receivers. The 6 channel receivers finally arrived. I have replaced the use of my Toro/Taigen transmitters for just 1 DX9 spektrum .

Any input on what to do with these transmitters?

Regarding the machine gun to function, what should I do?

Do you plan to attend the LA battle this Saturday?

Name:	IMG_9680.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	339250

Comment

DavidN A member over on RCU actually sent me 2 of the correct sound modules for free so I am kind of sorted in the T34 (had to beef-up the suspension as it's one of the least robust ones from Taigen). Glad you got all your Rx's in, using 1 single Tx certainly beats feeding all the OEM ones! I still have the same problem with the HL's using individual Tx's, haven't figured that out short of changing MFU's. BTW, just did the magnets on the KV-2 last night, not bad once you made the 1st cut. That's another thing I missed on HL's - quick release.

As for Taigen Tx's. I started storing them all in 1 box with unused accessories+manuals, may be someone will need replacement later? Still trying to find solution for MG's, the one company that sells on HK stopped supplying the ones for the tanks several months back, seems like they are focusing on higher profit ones for planes. It surprised me to no end that no one seems to know the hard-coded mix off CH 5 used by Taigen, even IMEX didn't appear to know. Can't really ask directly as Taigen/Torro does not have direct internet presence. Hopefully we can get the "mix" from Taigen at some point.

I may stop by later this Sat as I have to see our "friend" to p/u a Pather G. Too bad he only carries airsoft.....

Comment

I am glad we have the same "friend". I picked up my Panther G from him a few months ago. It kinda "suck" that it was an airsoft :-( Hope to see you on Saturday.

Comment

I may stop by later this Sat as I have to see our "friend" to p/u a Pather G. Too bad he only carries airsoft.....
                      Will you bring a tank to battle with us? Which tank will you bring?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post

Will you bring a tank to battle with us? Which tank will you bring?
                        Sorry, I won't. None of my tanks is setup for battle. I will just enjoy observing the fleets. I will bring you some of the clear acrylic rods though, all you have to do is use a snipper to cut down to size..

Comment

Sorry, I won't. None of my tanks is setup for battle. I will just enjoy observing the fleets. I will bring you some of the clear acrylic rods though, all you have to do is use a snipper to cut down to size..
                          Thank you!

Comment

I would trash all those taigen transmitters. They aren’t good for anything.
                            RC tank parts and accessories I make
                            www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

I will bring them to the museum and donated them this Saturday.

Comment

I have a pair of 1:16 scale Taigen Tank T-34/85 metal track that I cannot use. https://www.taigentanks.com/collecti...5-metal-tracks
                                Make me a sincere offer, it is yours. Good for Taigen Tank T-34/85 only. It has 70 pieces of tracks, same as Heng Long, but is too short for the Heng Long tank.

I will also include 10 extra pieces of track link and the Mato sprockets and idler wheels, free.

I am in the process of converting a Heng Long T-34/85 to full metal. I foolishly assume that the Taigen is the same dimension and thus interchangeable. I was wrong. The Taigen track is too short for the Heng Long.

Name:	IMG_5098.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	345389Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5099.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	345390
                                Before the track, I install the Heng Xin gearbox with 390 motor which works perfectly with the HL tracks. But the gearbox install takes some work. I use Taigen sprocket and idler wheel.

Name:	IMG_5095.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	345391Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5096.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	345392

Comment

Are you happy with the TKS 7.0?

Comment

Originally posted by 761st View Post
                                    Are you happy with the TKS 7.0?
                                    I did not run the T-34/85 enough to form an opinion on the Heng Long TK 7.0. On paper, it looks good with expanded functions.

I have TK 6.0S and 6.1 for a Pershing and a German Leopard, respectively. Both are huge improvement over the old TK 5.3. The improvement is important because I run fast (>22,000 rpm) motor with metal gearbox and tracks. The new throttle control is more linear.

Comment

Thanks. I have the 6.0 in the Sherman and Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
                                        I have a pair of 1:16 scale Taigen Tank T-34/85 metal track that I cannot use. https://www.taigentanks.com/collecti...5-metal-tracks
                                        Make me a sincere offer, it is yours. Good for Taigen Tank T-34/85 only. It has 70 pieces of tracks, same as Heng Long, but is too short for the Heng Long tank.

I will also include 10 extra pieces of track link and the Mato sprockets and idler wheels, free.

I am in the process of converting a Heng Long T-34/85 to full metal. I foolishly assume that the Taigen is the same dimension and thus interchangeable. I was wrong. The Taigen track is too short for the Heng Long.

Name:	IMG_5098.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	345389Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5099.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	345390
                                        Before the track, I install the Heng Xin gearbox with 390 motor which works perfectly with the HL tracks. But the gearbox install takes some work. I use Taigen sprocket and idler wheel.

Name:	IMG_5095.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	345391Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5096.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	345392
                                        I made a mistake. The shorter Taigen and Torro metal track length are actually the correct one for heavier, metal chassis T-34/85 1:16 scale RC tank. See the real life tank, Heng Long and Torro tank pictures below. I will post my result when I finish my upgrade.

Name:	Picture1.png
Views:	204
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	346222Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture2.png
Views:	201
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	346221Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture3.png
Views:	249
Size:	745.2 KB