X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MATO Tanks

Had no idea MATO uses Clark Boards.......interesting. I thought for sure there would be a Henglong MFU in this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220709_160236.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	350088

Which tank did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by 761st View Post
      Which tank did you get?
      Stug III....

My 1st MATO tank. While I was delighted that it came with a decent electronics package, I was quickly dissapointed on the set up. Its a 4 channel radio configured for Tamiya. Which for me, sux. Its like my whole muscle memory has been reversed....and it seems anyway, there is no way to reprogram the Transmitter...although I could be wrong due to inexperience.

Another dissapointing aspect, although its 100% all metal, the metal must be aluminum, or some other non-ferrous metal-I was hoping for real steel. I ordered another Flysky 10 channel setup and a Sony remote to program the Clark TK22 receiver to get the control I'm accustomed to. The STUG III does not have a smoker, nor an easy way to plumb in some tubing...so I got to figure that out. The plus side is, its servo controlled elevation & recoil. Before even running, I gutted out all the elctronics....I also scored a Henglong 7.1 MFU, and may drop that in-who knows. The 7.1 has a vast array of servo ports and other added goodies...its pretty awesome on what it will do.....A MAJOR improvement over previous generations,although the sound package is limited.

Comment

Just move the channels plugs around on your mato receiver until it’s configured how you want. It’s that easy.
        also, mato are made from a crappy (imho) zamac metal. I had two Sherman chassis. One was broken badly in shipping.
        again (imho) mato are junky expensive products for more reasons I just don’t want to go in and and on about. But yeah, try to do an modeling on a metal tank….
        RC tank parts and accessories I make
        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Thanx as always Rich....As you know, my learning curve is rather expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post
            Thanx as always Rich....As you know, my learning curve is rather expensive...
            Are you planning to take out the Clark board and replace it with the HL 7.1? I checked my Mato KT and it also had the Clark board. Now that I know about the Clark board inside, I would like to switch the receiver, bind it to my Spektrum transmitter and hopefully install the DAKRC IR battle unit. Do you think it is possible?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post

Are you planning to take out the Clark board and replace it with the HL 7.1? I checked my Mato KT and it also had the Clark board. Now that I know about the Clark board inside, I would like to switch the receiver, bind it to my Spektrum transmitter and hopefully install the DAKRC IR battle unit. Do you think it is possible?
              I'm thinking you should have no problem doing the swap. Im going the route of another IBU2 Ultimate in this tank as I want barrel & engine smoke & other functions but will use the Clark along with a Flysky Radio in another project. I did however purchase the "sony" remote to program the TK22...you may need to do the same. The TK22 does not have the ability to play with sounds, so that sux. The HG 7.1 is pretty awesome actually....the servo recoil works well along with servo elevation AS LONG AS YOU PUT A JUMPER in port CN6. This trick it seems is not advertised, or I simply cant find it in the HG instructions........Im the last person to ask about IR Battle......I dont do it, and gut all IR stuff out of my tanks.

Comment

Zipper, Is the is the jumper something you can make or is it a purchase?

Comment

Zipper, Is the is the jumper something you can make or is it a purchase?
                  I make my own.....I bought a few JST kits off Amazon along time ago....money well spent & cheap.

Comment

Thanks Zip. Trying to level out the curve. Any recommendations on which kit?

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

If you work with other boards, many of which have 3,4,5,and even 8 pin JST headers, this kit fills the bill.

Sorry, yes...that is the one...

Comment

It is scratched. Hahahaha!

Comment

It is scratched. Hahahaha!
                          My bad...thats the kit.....It has JST 2 pin, all the way up to 9 pin.....

Comment

Oh my goodness. I plugged the IR bulb into slot J1, the IR receiver into slot CN2. I turned my Mato King Tiger on. I fired; it scored a hit. I got another tank to fire at it, and it flashed. I fired 9 shots at it.After it received shot #9, it flashed multiple times and shut down. Wow, I have myself a Tamiya battle protocol tank all this time (1 year) and I did not even know about it. Everything else is functioning accordingly. The only thing I think I need help in adjusting is the time interval between shot fired. This board took 13 seconds to reload before I could fire the next shot.

I also have changed my mind about the transmitter. I will keep the Mato's receiver and transmitter in this tank for my daughter to play. I already have about 30 tanks stored in my Spektrum DX9.

Many thanks Mr. Zippersnapper .

Comment

Zip, thank you. It's back on. Taling about Mato. I ran my PZ III hard yesterday. It was great fun. BUT, I have five track pins working their way out. I think I read where someone put super glue on hem. Any thoughts?

Comment

Zip, thank you. It's back on. Taling about Mato. I ran my PZ III hard yesterday. It was great fun. BUT, I have five track pins working their way out. I think I read where someone put super glue on hem. Any thoughts?
                                Yes sir...Thats a good idea. Works for me. NOTE: Dont be tempted to just place a dab on the outside of the pin. Put a drop on the pin as it goes into the last link, so to speak.

Comment

Excellent. I really like how the Mato handles. Particularly the turn control while moving. The progressive speed is nice.

Comment

So is it correct to say that all Mato tanks come with this Clarb board TK22 inside?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                                      So is it correct to say that all Mato tanks come with this Clarb board TK22 inside?
                                      From what I'm gathering, yes.

Comment

Hi Zip, now that you have stripped the Mato down, what do you think? Any issue with the suspension and/or other concerns? I keep reading about issues on quality but still thinking about a Stug.

Comment

Working...
                                        X