X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post
    David, Im assuming your KT is a MATO? If so, will he metal hold a magnet? Or is it non ferrous like mine? 18lbs without a Batt has me curious.
    My KT Mato was the BB version. And since you began this thread informing us that Mato's MFU was the Clark's board, I know it would be compatible with the DAK IR battle unit. I was excited. My tank was just seating there for over a year. A few other members were saying that Mato has numerous issues that I was quite afraid to run it often. I did not realize about the board inside. After getting the good news from you, I converted it to the Tamiya battle protocol setting with the LegoDEI IR receiver and install the IR bulb into the barrel.
    And you are also correct that the metal on this tank is not steel metal. It does not magnetized. I ran my magnet rod all over the turret and it did not stick anywhere. Maybe bc mine is the BB version.

Comment

And yes it is a 18 pound monster.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1108A.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	351719

Comment

Originally posted by 761st View Post
        David, Correct me but, the tank has to have IR to use the remote? Also, is this a standard Sony remote? In other words is the same model remote compatible? Thanks.
        Yes, for my understanding, it programs thru the IR set up tank.
        I am not sure on the remote. You can try. DAKRC.com is the main source for the Clark's boards. They sell the that specific SONY remote for programing their boards. I bought it from them. I am also lucky to live near a LA RC tank club member who is quite an expert in Clark's board. He uses a different remote and it works too.

Name:	PVDO9765.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	351721

Comment

Mato tanks are Zamac, similar to older “pot metal” but a better amalgamation. But they are brittle, if you drop it it will crack or shatter.
          RC tank parts and accessories I make
          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

I got a good deal on an all metal Mato PZ3 and new PZ3 Clark TK-80 ($175 off Ebay). The PZ3 was $350 shipped and it was all in pieces (as in never assembled). I was able to get it assembled and tested all in one weekend. It's actually been a really good runner so far, but I haven't painted/detailed it yet as I wanted to make sure it all worked well before doing that. Had to drill some holes where there were none and do some voodoo screw work, but it works nice so far.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post

My KT Mato was the BB version. And since you began this thread informing us that Mato's MFU was the Clark's board, I know it would be compatible with the DAK IR battle unit. I was excited. My tank was just seating there for over a year. A few other members were saying that Mato has numerous issues that I was quite afraid to run it often. I did not realize about the board inside. After getting the good news from you, I converted it to the Tamiya battle protocol setting with the LegoDEI IR receiver and install the IR bulb into the barrel.
              And you are also correct that the metal on this tank is not steel metal. It does not magnetized. I ran my magnet rod all over the turret and it did not stick anywhere. Maybe bc mine is the BB version.
              Mine is the IR version, so the Zamac as Rich pointed out, must be be used on all MATO metal tanks regardless of IR or BB versions. Thanx for clarifying that.

Comment

Looks good. My Pz III is work in progress and a learning curve. And it's going to be a nice project.

Name:	IMG-7395 (2).jpg
Views:	250
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	351774

Comment

Thanks David.

Comment

I am now at the point that I am quite satisfied with my Mato King Tiger. It was the BB version that I have converted to the DAK IR battle setting so I can battle with the Tamiya tanks. I want to get another Mato. This time I would like to have the IR version. Does anyone know the type of IR that come with the the Mato IR version tank? Is it similar to those on the Heng Longs, the Torros, or the Clarks DAK types? And what is another good Mato tank that you recommend? Thank you!

Comment

I know I love my Pz III ! I want another Mato.

Comment

Yo
                        761st……. Watch for UPS towards the end of next week….

Comment

Roger That Bob! Thank you, sir,!

Comment

A++

Comment

I have read where gear box covers aren't necessarily needed. I have been doing some trouble shooting on the Mato Tiger 1. TC left gear box does not engage immediately and when it does the rpm is much slower. While trying to figure it out, I removed the gear box covers for better diagnoses. Well, you can't leave them off. On the next test run the gear shafts starting working themselves loose. Apparently the cover is designed as a retainer for the gear shafts.

Comment

Anyone with a Stug III, much less a all metal MATO Stug III will know what a PITA it is to add a smoking exhaust...where there is a will, there is a way.

Name:	20220926_154722.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	357591

Name:	20220926_152951.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	357592

Name:	20220926_153249.jpg