First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been wanting an M60! glad to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
      I went through his Facebook posts. In one, he mentioned he'd be making a Churchill next. He seems very ambitious. I wouldn't expect to see it for a while though. That's a unique tank to model, will take a long development I imagine.
      Inkor just released his 3D printer STL files for a Churchill on Cults3D. DKLM RC also has one so if he's going to build it, he is going to have to price it and detail it well enough to sell.

Comment

Ooohhh M60 Pattons! I wonder if he'll sell an M88 ARV based on the lower hulls. I wouldn't say no to a Patton in my collection but I'd REALLY love the M88A1 built on the Patton hull.

Comment

Review the coolbank models thread
          RC tank parts and accessories I make
          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

pretty nice model didnt like that all the accessories had to be glued on but been wanting a M60 very happy with this tank

Comment

Originally posted by tonyhotwheeler View Post
              pretty nice model didnt like that all the accessories had to be glued on but been wanting a M60 very happy with this tank
              Having to glue accessories parts on 1/16 RC tanks is the norm for all manufacturers. It's not just a TD thing.

Comment

Yes but this was the first time everything had to be glued to keep them in place HL just needed to keep from losing them still I really like this tank recommend highly

Comment

Originally posted by tonyhotwheeler View Post
                  Yes but this was the first time everything had to be glued to keep them in place HL just needed to keep from losing them still I really like this tank recommend highly
                  I have 2 HL from 2005 and 3 more in the last 2 years. Regular plastic cement does not work on HL. I use SA super glue only. That's the only way to avoid loosing small parts on a HL tank.

Comment

Rubber cement, RTV, and even ABS cement from plastruct work great for glueing the parts on tanks.
                    Personally, CA or super glue, is the worst glue to use as it’s brittle and has absolutely no sheer strength at all. I refer the plastruct glue myself because it melts the parts together like building a plastic model.
                    if you think you might want to make changes later, the rtv is a great product. It’s black gasket maker for automobiles.
                    RC tank parts and accessories I make
                    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                      Rubber cement, RTV, and even ABS cement from plastruct work great for glueing the parts on tanks.
                      Personally, CA or super glue, is the worst glue to use as it’s brittle and has absolutely no sheer strength at all. I refer the plastruct glue myself because it melts the parts together like building a plastic model.
                      if you think you might want to make changes later, the rtv is a great product. It’s black gasket maker for automobiles.
                      That is what I use too. Plastruct plastiweld for any thing that is to be permanent and a synthetic rubber cement for things I may take apart later and dont want the plastic damaged.

Comment

Plastruct Plastiweld in the white bottle is pretty good stuff. I also use Tamiya Thin and it works on some items. If nothing works then it goes to the Weld-On number 4 (MEK) and that also works on PETG for my 3D printed tanks. Just be really careful with MEK as it is very toxic stuff.

Derek

Comment

Here's something for our non-FB friends:

Click image for larger version

Name:	M60A2 Starship.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	373721
                          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                            Here's something for our non-FB friends:

Click image for larger version

Name:	M60A2 Starship.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	373721
                            I just sent them an email and placed a pre order. Love the ugly A2 turret it's so "Cold War"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

I just sent them an email and placed a pre order. Love the ugly A2 turret it's so "Cold War"!!!
                              Here ya go just for you- https://youtu.be/blxDBwzbHk4

Ugly yes but that is subjective. Failure yes with a grade of "F"...

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post

It ugly in a good way kinda like the F-4 Phantom.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

It ugly in a good way kinda like the F-4 Phantom.
                                  I actually like the F4 phantom. Like I said ugly is subjective. Failure is a different story. It does actually look like a sci-fi warhammer tank.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post

Only 13 miles ever run in that tank in that YouTube video - unbelievable. Another "Bradley".

Comment

I had a Starship and Phantom...like them both as a kid. I think the Starship would be a good city fighter with the short barrel.

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                                        I think the Starship would be a good city fighter with the short barrel.

Derek
                                        With "Flechette" rounds I'd agree.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                                          I had a Starship and Phantom...like them both as a kid. I think the Starship would be a good city fighter with the short barrel.

Derek
                                          For IR battling that short barrel is a huge plus in right terrain.

Comment

Working...
                                          X