2000mm Giant Scale B-24 - Olive Drab

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coolbank Models

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coolbank Models

    I'm gathering some of the info about this company in one thread, to make it easier to track. I have no connection to this company, except to be a potential customer! The owner used to work for Heng Long, now is making products in conjunction with HL. Coolbank Models and Coolbank Wang are facebook sites if want more detailed info. Hopefully as his products become available, we can discuss them here. As of now, he is posting three items; the M60 tank series, a Sherman turret and Panzer IV side skirts.

    At this point in time, he is using a friend's Amazon seller site as a point of sale:

    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJZV5W4C...wxfqMNQKuwnHnk

    (I hope this copy & paste works.)
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

  • #2
    Rubicon and RichJohnson first posted the M-60 series of tanks at this thread:

    https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...from-heng-long

    Click image for larger version

Name:	M60 03.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	360239Click image for larger version

Name:	M60 04.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	360240Click image for larger version

Name:	M60 05.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	360241

    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

    Comment


    • #3
      DavidN has posted info on Panzer IV side skirts here:

      https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...ge4#post360233

      Click image for larger version

Name:	511Hs0RtsLL._AC_SL1100_.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	360243Click image for larger version

Name:	61-EAUZwPqL._AC_SL1100_.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	360244


      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

      Comment


      • #4
        Recently the facebook site posted some shots of a new turret for the M4 Sherman. Not for sale yet, I think

        Click image for larger version

Name:	312093638_140224455432254_5422695336875469857_n.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	360246Click image for larger version

Name:	311976444_140224302098936_968875905664706602_n.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	360247Click image for larger version

Name:	313174658_140224388765594_4190795023100928552_n.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	360248
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

        Comment


        • #5
          ​Found a fourth item on the Amazon site; Panther side skirts:

          Click image for larger version

Name:	41Dz4+a+FKL._AC_SX466_.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	360250
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

          Comment


          • #6
            He’s got a good Video of the Sherman T23 turret on his Facebook as well which I shared to the 1/16 Sherman builders group there. The hatches open and rotate. It, his mantlet is really obtuse, it’s too big, tall and wide. Looks like he copied the old early mato plastic T23 now long out of production, t but improved on many aspects, DKLM did this as well has his is a sure copy of the old mato. The Hooben Fury turret is by far more accurate, but not interchangeable or available….
            I wonder what Coolbanks price point will be.

            still looking forward to those M60s and anxious to see the pricing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for starting this thread Bob. The more people that go to his Facebook and ask questions the more he will see there is a demand for his products. 👍👍👍

              Comment


              • #8
                Rich: Per his postings says he had to modify the mantlet to fit the HL stuff - bb shooter, mechanics, etc. He hopes to set the price less than $100 (dunno if he means in US). Regarding the M-60s, I'm guessing they'll be plastic all through. It'll be up to us to see if metal gearboxes can be installed, and what metal tracks might fit, - "if". As far as pricing of the M60's will be, a big variable will be how they're shipped. If in bulk on a container ship, that'll be cheaper but slower. If individually it'll be more expensive I'm sure.

                Rubicon: generating interest via Facebook was exactly my intent. A small batch manufacturer needs to know there is a demand...
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

                Comment


                • #9
                  He accepted my freind request, now I can follow him. Id love to have side skirts for the Stug III....wonder if they could be adapted over somehow.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                    Rich: Per his postings says he had to modify the mantlet to fit the HL stuff - bb shooter, mechanics, etc. He hopes to set the price less than $100 (dunno if he means in US). Regarding the M-60s, I'm guessing they'll be plastic all through. It'll be up to us to see if metal gearboxes can be installed, and what metal tracks might fit, - "if". As far as pricing of the M60's will be, a big variable will be how they're shipped. If in bulk on a container ship, that'll be cheaper but slower. If individually it'll be more expensive I'm sure.

                    Rubicon: generating interest via Facebook was exactly my intent. A small batch manufacturer needs to know there is a demand...
                    I saw that Bob. I’ve been following his rapid update posts. At least he’s moving quickly it looks like.

                    the gent I’m working with on the hvss has a really good looking T23 that I may be bringing to market in the US. Gears are turning and things are in the works and RJ Models N stuff is for real now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Reactive Armor options, also a peek at the Centurion:

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	M60 08.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	360334Click image for larger version

Name:	M60 10.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	360335
                      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I asked him to post a photo of the transmissions but he has not.
                        Also, it really looks like the wheels are pinned on as there is no screw head in the wheel center just a flat pin head. Boy that is gonna really suck if there aren’t any bearnings in there as the wheels will eat themselves up and if they are pinned they ain’t coming off like when henglong first came out.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                          I asked him to post a photo of the transmissions but he has not.
                          Also, it really looks like the wheels are pinned on as there is no screw head in the wheel center just a flat pin head. Boy that is gonna really suck if there aren’t any bearnings in there as the wheels will eat themselves up and if they are pinned they ain’t coming off like when henglong first came out.
                          Just being the devil’s advocate, the pin may have an internal thread and accept a screw from the other side. Essentially the screw head could be on the other side of the supporting axle.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by oldwolf View Post

                            Just being the devil’s advocate, the pin may have an internal thread and accept a screw from the other side. Essentially the screw head could be on the other side of the supporting axle.
                            Per his post, that's sort of what he's doing. The axle is secured to the swing arm with a screw inboard.
                            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

                              Per his post, that's sort of what he's doing. The axle is secured to the swing arm with a screw inboard.
                              This sounds like how Tamiya does it on a number of their tanks and it works extremely well.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I asked about gearboxes and main board, here's the answer:

                                "We use our own system and gearbox, and for everyone's convenience, we have designed them to be compatible with Henglong."

                                Regarding the Pz IV side skirts which were listed on an Amazon site, it's been updated as "unavailable" and other items he had for sale there are removed.

                                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                                  I asked about gearboxes and main board, here's the answer:

                                  "We use our own system and gearbox, and for everyone's convenience, we have designed them to be compatible with Henglong."

                                  Regarding the Pz IV side skirts which were listed on an Amazon site, it's been updated as "unavailable" and other items he had for sale there are removed.
                                  “We use our own system....” In my experience this to me indicates rebranded or really cheap substitutes. So hope for the best, but plan for the worst and have the extra money ready to buy upgraded replacements.

                                  God forbid he is using left over old stock HL 5.3 control systems or even worse Hooben control systems.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Coolbank wang replied to my question about the axles and wheels
                                    "Our design of the axle is different from the traditional one, we use a screw at the end of the rocker arm to hold the axle, so when you want to remove the wheel, loosen this screw to easily remove the axle from the wheel Down.​"

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                                      Coolbank wang replied to my question about the axles and wheels
                                      "Our design of the axle is different from the traditional one, we use a screw at the end of the rocker arm to hold the axle, so when you want to remove the wheel, loosen this screw to easily remove the axle from the wheel Down.​"
                                      So similar to what Tamiya has been doing since the introduction of their Pershing.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        CB posted a couple of new things:

                                        He developed this T-34/76 turret for Heng Long, but it wasn't produced. It doesn't have airsoft capability because the barrel diameter isn't large enough.

                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Coolbank 01.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	360525

                                        He's also thinking of releasing a modified mantlet and barrel for the M-26 Pershing; longer barrel in metal with a more accurate muzzle brake.


                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Coolbank 02.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	360524

                                        He wants to know if there is an interest out there for such items. If you're interested, I'd go to his Facebook site and say so.
                                        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X