Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta_19
    replied
    As for the battery access it could be a hatch on the top or rear.

Leave a comment:

• quitcherbitchen
    replied
    Well, posting photos of preproduction products is always a catch 22. I would say it has it's merits as people can give constructive criticism, but it is a pre production model. Lots of things are not in stone. I know this because I design products and it takes two or three years sometimes to work out the bugs. Most of my designs get some sort of redo about a year after the first production run. Is that my fault? No I don't take it personal. Lots of times it is taking customer suggestions that compromise the product. Usually, a customer that has already committed to buying the majority of the first production run. This guy might have the same issue. Certain customer wants a certain price point so that is who he is satisfying. Just saying give the guy a little wiggle room this may be his issue.

Leave a comment:

• Rubicon99
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
    Here are a couple more photos he posted. The gearboxes are indeed side-mounted. However, there appear to be unused floor mounting posts. Maybe for future HL add-ons?

Click image for larger version

Name:	313421902_143402938447739_2570513543668329748_n.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	360929

There was another photo of gearboxes, but not of the same vehicle! Note the track tread pattern.

Name:	315022489_143402895114410_7819559565976097942_n.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	360930
    Post #43 may offer a clue.

The second photo is the Centurion. Now I am bummed out 🙁 . I had much higher hope for the Centurion.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    Here are a couple more photos he posted. The gearboxes are indeed side-mounted. However, there appear to be unused floor mounting posts. Maybe for future HL add-ons?

Name:	313421902_143402938447739_2570513543668329748_n.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	360929

There was another photo of gearboxes, but not of the same vehicle! Note the track tread pattern.

Name:	315022489_143402895114410_7819559565976097942_n.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	360930
    Post #43 may offer a clue.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    Yikes! Very good point regarding the battery access. That could be a major misstep. Also, it looks like the gearboxes are secured to the sidewalls, not the floor.

Leave a comment:

• Rubicon99
    replied
    Originally posted by Delta_19 View Post
    More pressure changed his tune.

We have plastic gearboxes, plastic suspension arms, torsion bar suspension and, adjustable idlers.

still no idea what the IR battle system is and he also states that more metal parts will come out in "phase 2"
    This is clearly just one of the prototype lower hulls🤞🤞 because if it is not I see a few issues.

One it is 3D printed and 3D printed lower tank hulls are known to be rather weak compared to the nylon type plastic hulls of HL tanks or toy market segment tanks.

Two there is NO battery box or access point for the battery which means taking the upper hull off to access the battery. Yet seeing he is using what appears to be HL like body & screw posts would indicate the hulls are screwed together? He might be using some type of latching method or magnets not seen in the photos, but that would be a poor idea given that this is a “toy” tank intended for kids. Giving a young child access to the internal workings of a “toy” is a recipe for....... well things to go wrong.

Third are the gearboxes. I recognize them and they have never been quality ..... parts. Let us hope the production tanks keep the mounting points for the HL transmission as Mr W has said would be included so the shown gearboxes can be replaced upon opening the box.

Like any tank there will be needed aftermarket changes to make these more durable and nothing I am seeing can’t be overcome and improved upon once we get these in our hands.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    This was posted on the Coolbank FB thread. He said it was a future project.

Name:	638453F6-6AF9-4447-BDA8-7EA0F1F51C8B.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	360924

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    I would hope that instead of claiming that he was beaten into submission, folks will appreciate his acceptance of customers desires in a positive manner.

Leave a comment:

• Delta_19
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    So more “toyish” than hobbyish.
    Honestly I would say blow for blow with henglong. Worst gearbox, better suspension.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    So more “toyish” than hobbyish.

Leave a comment:

• RichJohnson
    replied
    After all the pms I had with him and then the very public banter that started with his shot across my bow, I think he changed his plans. Why would he have not told me dont worry those attributes are in our design or showed me pictures privately or publicly. Its because he just changed the design. Like he did last week with the rear of the tank when we told him it was ugly and not correct.
    Despite the banter, he seems to be listening in his own way which is what we need for him to make a good product. I cant tell you guys how much he was stuck on toy tank its just a toy and how much I told him it needed to be at least as good as a henglong or the market would be very satisfied.

Leave a comment:

• Delta_19
    replied
    More pressure changed his tune.

We have plastic gearboxes, plastic suspension arms, torsion bar suspension and, adjustable idlers.

still no idea what the IR battle system is and he also states that more metal parts will come out in "phase 2"
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RichJohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by Delta_19 View Post

Maybe more pressure from us will change his tune, worked with the Xbox one.
    I doubt that. You cannot tell them what they should make or do. Also, he is firmly saying it’s a toy. It’s a toy market not hobbyist. I tried to describe the hobbyist market as being henglong and upgrades whereas Tamiya is premium grade high cost. But he does not unsweetened either intentionally or lost in translation but he acts like he does not want to know his customer base and what the hobby wants.
    if it’s like a 7.0 henglong tank it will sell really well and succeed. If it’s like an old rx11 henglong of more than 10 years ago, it’s going to fail miserably. I’ve tried to point that out to him as a warning but he brushed it off since he is making toys.

Leave a comment:

• Delta_19
    replied
    Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
    I have had a bit of communication back and forth with him and he has said toy transmissions, which I hope means all plastic henglong trannys but he still won’t say.
    i begged him to give me a picture of the transmissions. I also asked if it had an adjustable idler like henglong tanks and mentioned how important the adjustable idler is to not loosing tracks but he won’t answer. Silence often indicates bad news.
    Yeah saw some of your post about it on RCU, this constant refusal to give us anything and like showed in my pics him laughing about people wanting to see wires and a pcb is really concerning to see as a consumer when talking about a new product we want.

Maybe more pressure from us will change his tune, worked with the Xbox one.

Leave a comment:

• RichJohnson
    replied
    I have had a bit of communication back and forth with him and he has said toy transmissions, which I hope means all plastic henglong trannys but he still won’t say.
    i begged him to give me a picture of the transmissions. I also asked if it had an adjustable idler like henglong tanks and mentioned how important the adjustable idler is to not loosing tracks but he won’t answer. Silence often indicates bad news.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    Thanks for your civil reply, better than "it's guaranteed these tanks are going to be trash comparable to a $20 toy from Walmart". I'm not sure the owner needs to answer every question about a product that's not on the market yet, but I see your point.

Leave a comment:

• Delta_19
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
    “Assuming the worst” is more a personal feeling than a statement of fact, don’t you think?
    I would agree if it was just my question not being answered but looking at RCU this seems to be common place for them. Answer questions and then go ghost once any talk of specs comes up. If you're making a good product equal to what's on the market right now why hide it, makes me think something here isn't right. Makes me think it's not gonna equal atleast henglong levels of quality, which isn't a high bar but it's good enough.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBobS
    replied
    “Assuming the worst” is more a personal feeling than a statement of fact, don’t you think?

Leave a comment:

• Delta_19
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Delta. Don't buy one, or any other brand for that matter. You won't be happy.
    Idk I'm happy with my 4 henglongs so far. But if you don't want to answer anyone's questions I'm gonna assume the worst of your product.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Delta. Don't buy one, or any other brand for that matter. You won't be happy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X