Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he only uses air freight. Thats what my M60 kit cost to ship several years ago and it arrived in about a week and half or so.
    Im glad somone local is getting one, see how it works out. For now, Ive spent my stash on that hooben Leopard 1a5 and a new shay locomotive. So Im tapped till next year for sure.
    Bob you will want one of my gun barrels that is a correctly profiled M68 for that tank to improve its look.

I hope it turns out to be a good tank and the transmissions hold up somehow. If it does Bob you can bet that you and I will not be the only ones with M60s any more.
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• If it's comparable in quality to an entry level HL, then I'll be satisfied. It's a $175 tank. The $119 shipping is my cost to be an "early adapter", not part of the tank's value. If Tongde finds a cheaper way to sell them in the US later, well then so be it. As far as how long it will take to arrive, I will post when/if I get a shipping notice.

I almost bought the Centurion!
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Since I couldn't go to L.A. today, I surfed. Anyone see an interesting suspension detail?

Click image for larger version  Name:	M60 Side view 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.3 KB ID:	363400Click image for larger version  Name:	M60 Side view 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.0 KB ID:	363402

Comment

• Arms look like they are metal?

Comment

• The track is too loose, the wheels are too large and the tank sits too low to the ground.

Comment

• A recent FB post by Coolbank states his main board sockets are the same as HL 7.0's. Of course that doesn't mean that it's the same quality, but it could be. What it does mean is that if it fails, one can drop in a HL 7.0.

Comment

• You probably will have to put a 7.0 or 7.1 in any way if you want to use it and rig up the IR. He told me no IR on this board when I talked to him so unless things have changed it won’t battle as is.

Comment

• DKLM RC's website cites IR battle capability. A recent Coolbank FB photo shows the dreaded but replaceable HL mushroom IR receiver next to a tank.

Click image for larger version  Name:	317368120_151986007589432_8061651040434610263_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.0 KB ID:	363601

Another photo I didn't copy shows the gleam of what probably is an IR emitter in a hole on the turret, a la HL.

Click image for larger version  Name:	31453999_10156372671580842_6771132958527979520_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.8 KB ID:	363609

Wheel size? I guess track slack could be fixed with the track tensioner idler arms as listed at DKLM RC..

Comment

• So if you go to this FB group you will find a rather entertaining group of posts by Coolbank or should I say-reply's

Here you can get good tips and tricks about rd tanks, feel free to share your pictures. Be nice 😊. Do not Kidnap the thread / Topic. We only use English in this thred. Welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post
                      So if you go to this FB group you will find a rather entertaining group of posts by Coolbank or should I say-reply's

Here you can get good tips and tricks about rd tanks, feel free to share your pictures. Be nice 😊. Do not Kidnap the thread / Topic. We only use English in this thred. Welcome.
                      Interesting. A long thread about merits of decals. Of course, involved modelers prefer water slides, while manufacturer’s experience is that new owners have less difficulty with stick-ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Interesting. A long thread about merits of decals. Of course, involved modelers prefer water slides, while manufacturer’s experience is that new owners have less difficulty with stick-ones.
                        .......yea, thats the thread I was speaking of. Ol' Monty was beating him up pretty bad. I've seen him in other RC tank FB groups and he sure is "Outspoken"...and I'm being nice when I say that. Having a elitist or braggadocious attitude really rubs me wrong. I dispise that crap.

Its pretty obvious reading the posts here, and watching on FB that Coolbank is building toys for kids and newbies. His target audience is not mine for sure as I wont buy any of his crap, but I wouldnt bash anyone who does. Its thier money, not mine.

I salute your bravery in doing so and will be watching for your Eval & Updates for sure.

Comment

• I've been keeping an eye on these things myself as I'd love to build an M88A1 out of one, but the transmission issues are a huge red flag. and the plastic tracks. I don't run my tanks on smooth indoor surfaces I run them out in rough terrain. Plastic transmissions, suspension arms, and tracks are going to last all of five minutes where I run.

I don't mind the charging setup, though. Matter of fact I'm liable to modify my HL KV-1E for that since for some bizarre reason I need a %*^(ing screwdriver to get the battery hatch open. WHY?! HL's Tiger 1 just has a living hinge clip latch thing which would be fine but it's only on that one tank. I digress. It's easy to see why he went this route, though...Heng Long gets away with underside battery access because they don't use true torsion bars in their tanks. These Pattons do. That gets in the way of a hull floor battery hatch. I suspect this is why the Taigen/Torro tanks have the latch-key upper hull setup; they also use true torsion bars so easy battery access means being able to remove the entire upper hull without tools.

Most of the concern with battery failures/wanting BMS is moot; no doubt the cells in these batteries have built-in BMS circuits because they're most likely harvested from devices from more reputable manufacturers that use protected 18650s. The inconsistency between the 2s packs in my HL tanks lends credence to this; the pack in my M4A3 holds about 800mAh per charge while the pack that came with my KV-1E overperforms its rating by about 100mAh.

I like that the smoker isn't a pumper type unit. The pumper units are just sad and not even worth turning on. Both of my HL tanks have the blower motor style and I'll be ordering a third for my custom assault gun build since I put that blower style smoker in my old 5.3 ZTZ99 to replace its sadville pumper unit.

I have to wonder how he cheaped out further on the radio system. HL's radios are already so damn cheap that it feels like I might crush them in my hands. 'Course that isn't exclusive to stuff sold right from the rock candy mountain either. Traxxas will sell you a $1,000 100mph brushless supercar controlled by a pistol grip radio that feels even more crappy than the Heng Long radios do! Itt'l cost me a bit but I'll be moving all of my HL tanks to aftermarket boards, Futaba receivers, and my 16IZ over time.

It'd be a bit silly to spend this much on such a cheap tank, but does anyone thing the fancy pants PDSGPDPPSG dual current gearbox will work in there? Maybe that's the heng long transmission he was talking about? If that trans can be made to work then perhaps an M88A1 build isn't totally off the table after all. I do see some posts poking up from the hull floor near the transmission area that might just line up with that mounting plate.

Comment

• If you want to build a nice m60 or m88a1 go to DKLM and talk to him. His m60 is like a Tamiya and quite good. I love mine. But it’s gonna cost you.

Comment

• Tongde Models has a website in China. It's wholesale oriented, but they show many of the components we may be seeing in Coolbank's tanks. Offerings of interest is a metal gearbox and all metal tanks. Not available, but it seems the factory is capable of producing this stuff, if you'd like to buy in bulk! Like, shipping container bulk!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                                If you want to build a nice m60 or m88a1 go to DKLM and talk to him. His m60 is like a Tamiya and quite good. I love mine. But it’s gonna cost you.
                                Ahh yeah no. Same reason I won't be buying any Tamiya tanks unless I find one at an estate sale for a song, too. I just can not justify quite literally spending two entire paychecks on a toy tank. Especially not one that I then have to spend another paycheck on to get the rest of the parts I'd need just to drive it around. I have a feeling they're not airsoft compatible, either, which is one of my favorite features of the HL tanks. A little less scale on some vehicles, but on the plus side I can plink soda cans and whatnot which is way too damn much fun. And of course if i'm going M88A1/A2, the airsoft question is moot, but then I'm paying for a turret and upper hull I'm not even going to use? Yeesh. It was bad enough cannabalizing a complete brand new M4A3 from HL for my casemate vehicle build, but it still ended up cheaper than just buying a lower + I reused pretty much every single non-structural part from the upper hull in either that build or modernizing a 5.3 era ZTZ-99 so I can live with that. Plus I only paid $200 for that Pro trim 7.0 Sherman from Motion...

IT leaves me in a frustrating position. DKLM's is too expensive to even think about and Coolbank's is looking to be too toy grade to be worth buying. I'd love an M88A1 or A2 in my collection but it just isn't in the cards at this time. If the Coolbank Pattons are on par with the 7.0 Pro trim Heng Long tanks I can see buying one, but if they're barely on par with the Upgrade editions.....

Comment

• Originally posted by JennyC6 View Post

Ahh yeah no. Same reason I won't be buying any Tamiya tanks unless I find one at an estate sale for a song, too. I just can not justify quite literally spending two entire paychecks on a toy tank. Especially not one that I then have to spend another paycheck on to get the rest of the parts I'd need just to drive it around. I have a feeling they're not airsoft compatible, either, which is one of my favorite features of the HL tanks. A little less scale on some vehicles, but on the plus side I can plink soda cans and whatnot which is way too damn much fun. And of course if i'm going M88A1/A2, the airsoft question is moot, but then I'm paying for a turret and upper hull I'm not even going to use? Yeesh. It was bad enough cannabalizing a complete brand new M4A3 from HL for my casemate vehicle build, but it still ended up cheaper than just buying a lower + I reused pretty much every single non-structural part from the upper hull in either that build or modernizing a 5.3 era ZTZ-99 so I can live with that. Plus I only paid $200 for that Pro trim 7.0 Sherman from Motion...

IT leaves me in a frustrating position. DKLM's is too expensive to even think about and Coolbank's is looking to be too toy grade to be worth buying. I'd love an M88A1 or A2 in my collection but it just isn't in the cards at this time. If the Coolbank Pattons are on par with the 7.0 Pro trim Heng Long tanks I can see buying one, but if they're barely on par with the Upgrade editions.....
                                  This is an expensive hobby once you move into the more unique tanks and or higher quality tanks like Tamiya. It is definitely a pay to play hobby to get what you want.

With your cost concerns the TD M60 is your best bet to use as a base tank to build an M88.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

This is an expensive hobby once you move into the more unique tanks and or higher quality tanks like Tamiya. It is definitely a pay to play hobby to get what you want.

With your cost concerns the TD M60 is your best bet to use as a base tank to build an M88.
                                    It's what I like about the Heng Long tanks. They're affordable, they're high enough quality to not break on every sortie if one gets the Professional trim, they're super fun. No doubt there's higher quality, more detailed stuff on the market, but at the end of the day even I can afford to enjoy the hobby on my limited budget.

Semi-related note, these tanks are helping me get a car that isn't literally falling apart around me. I have a credit card with a limit of $300, so what I'll do is I'll buy a tank, then pay it down over that billing cycle, repeat. Credit score's gone up 90 points in 3 months and I get to play with fun RC tanks while getting closer to my dream car!

Comment

• Maybe we can all use that reason..."but dear, I'm working to raise my credit score"!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                                        Maybe we can all use that reason..."but dear, I'm working to raise my credit score"!
                                        🤣😂 I can straight up prove it though hahahaha

Comment

• Might just be better to print your own M60...

[14.10.2023 10:00 UTC | A3: added missing gunner's hatch] Fully functional radio controlled model of M60 / M60A3. Can be turned into stand model by using plastic gearbox rod (check Google Drive) Archive contains two turrets: regular one and A3 turret. Both are replaceable, so single hull can carry both. [Manual, electronics](https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZZDYueyLooMjHR3t7VjYSCDIOt9lIG1h) │[Live preview](https://rc3dtanks.site/detail.html#m60a1) | [Video](https://youtu.be/D-ZBBQErAio) --- Based on Heng Long TK-7.1. Does not support BB unit. supported: - engines \ gearboxes (plastic / metallic) - turret rotation - canon lifting - smoke - x2 40mm speakers - fully functional suspension - recoil & elevation on SG90 servos - A3 turret supports commander cupola rotation with 360° servo (SG90). You probably need to [turn regular SG90 into 360°](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhHSXCLsN4k) --- Some numbers: scale: 1/16 width: 230mm length: 430mm height: 180mm weight: 2,540 g required printer area: 180x180 --- Please contact us on Discord in case of any troubles

Comment

Working...
                                          X