Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ye I already have his IMR-1 and SU-152 in my stash of STL files.I'm wondering if using the metal tracks/sprockets from the Abrams wouldn't be out of place on it.

Comment

• The DKLM M60a3 comes with abrams sprocket and track. Works just fine, look at my m60.
      RC tank parts and accessories I make
      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Sorry for poaching your thread Bob but look what I found on Banggood Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221229-194833_Banggood.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	365354Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221229-194923_Banggood.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	365350Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221229-194739_Banggood.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	365351Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221229-194657_Banggood.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	365352Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221229-194611_Banggood.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	365353

Comment

• Wow, bizarre! Lists as Heng Long 7.0. 419 NZD is about 266 USD. Lots of misspellings, and I like the tire falling off the wheel in the last page. Speaking of poaching, I'm wondering if some company isn't doing just that to Tongde. I'll wait for DKLM RC. Good find though, Sappo.
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• .....correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Heng Long just mold their road wheels in one solid piece of plastic(Or cast in one solid chunk of likely zinc) rather than do them as a rim and tire like that? Always makes me chuckle a bit, though, seeing dodgy postings like that on sites like Banggood. Always show a complete lack of F(^)s to give on their part.

Comment

• Originally posted by JennyC6 View Post
              .....correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Heng Long just mold their road wheels in one solid piece of plastic(Or cast in one solid chunk of likely zinc) rather than do them as a rim and tire like that? Always makes me chuckle a bit, though, seeing dodgy postings like that on sites like Banggood. Always show a complete lack of F(^)s to give on their part.
              Not necessarily. The Heng Long metal upgrades for the Abrams are two metal wheel halves screwed together with rubber overlays. The plastic version of the wheel is two wheel halves, but no rubber. I would say most of the road wheels that use two wheel halves are molded as two parts and screwed, glued, or press fit together.

Comment

• Originally posted by tank_me View Post

Not necessarily. The Heng Long metal upgrades for the Abrams are two metal wheel halves screwed together with rubber overlays. The plastic version of the wheel is two wheel halves, but no rubber. I would say most of the road wheels that use two wheel halves are molded as two parts and screwed, glued, or press fit together.
                Mm. My KV-1E's road wheels are solid metal, but that tank didn't have rubber tires on its road wheels anyway. My Panzer IV has plastic road wheels, no tires on the model but they're painted on as the real tank does have them.

Comment

• DKLM RC on FB posted this pic. He says they're being shipped from the factory to him and should go out first week in January, unless Covid brings things to halt. A second shipment should go out the following week. Not stated by him is the looming Chinese New Year, which shuts down lots of stuff.

At least the photo shows the rounded underbelly of the M60.

Click image for larger version

Name:	320195903_459611596384402_8677929104952591423_n.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	365598

Comment

• Should be interesting. This time around your the guinea pig. We are waiting for you to get one and see what you think of it and how it holds up.
                    RC tank parts and accessories I make
                    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Sappo, et al. Just teasing everyone...

I'd sent a FB post to Coolbank about the "Heng Long" M60 tank. He replied in broken english that it's "normal" for certification purposes. So I went to Banggood, searched for the M60a1. It came up as Heng Long, but upon opening it, yes it's Coolbank. Price there is $259 plus $15 shipping, so in total it's the same as DKLM's.

Name:	31dd9ad1-769c-4de0-ba68-b5d0960e9699.jpg.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	365726

Controller looks the same as HL except for branding.

Name:	51b2e0f1-1cf1-4674-b8f6-1acf11deba09.jpg.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	365727

My favorite picture. Actually it might be deliberate, to show the tires are rubber.

Name:	d9b21a0e-86d4-408f-86c9-9375a779983b.jpg.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	365728

Enjoy!

Comment

• Any chance Coolbanks will make a T-55? The Hooben kits seem pretty poor quality for the price.
                        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                          Any chance Coolbanks will make a T-55? The Hooben kits seem pretty poor quality for the price.
                          You might ask him on his Facebook site. I guess it will depend on how their first offerings are received, and if there's market room for new entry level tanks. This is a startup company, so it could fold unless he's careful. Coolbank did show a 3DP mockup of a Churchill on FB, so maybe we'll see that sometime.

DKLM just notified me they're shipping mine. He says he's sending them out based on when ordered and how many he has. Should get here mid-January. I'll post lots of pics.

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                            Any chance Coolbanks will make a T-55? The Hooben kits seem pretty poor quality for the price.
                            Actually the current Hooben T55 is a pretty good kit. Most feel that is is on par with Tamiya. kits. At the base price without electronics (which are junk) it’s a good deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Actually the current Hooben T55 is a pretty good kit. Most feel that is is on par with Tamiya. kits. At the base price without electronics (which are junk) it’s a good deal.
                              The original release of the Hooben was bad because there were some really soft castings (as in soft on detail). They have fixed those in the newer release. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of their new ones and I have one of the original releases that I bought second hand. I've been fighting the crappy skills of the original owner more than the problems with the Hooben.

Comment

• Apparently they are starting to arrive...

Comment

• Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                                  Apparently they are starting to arrive...

And now we see who the tanks were marketed towards. The person that likes the looks and little features but does not drive it even on tile flooring. 🤔

Well I can’t wIt to see a real review🤞🤞🤞

Comment

• The "unboxer" was so eager, he was still in his pajamas and barefoot....not that that's a bad thing!

Why is it reviewers feel the need to show how a tank spins? Seen that many times.

Comment

• hi guys how are you all keeping I'm Norman Dixon aka Dicko from Ireland and new to the Hobby squawk but have been following you guys for a while in the back ground regard's the tongde s model m60a3 love the chat and banter and knowledge you guys have on the subject.
                                      It will be my next model to acquire for sure with a tweak here and a tweak there it will be a nice model to have to my collection along with the Centurion when it comes out next month. I've watched the review on YouTube and they look pretty good/ish. INTRODUCTION I'm ex army of 23 years with a few tours of overseas service on UN missions I've been building models for the past 50 years or so, started off with 1/35 scale but with age fingers and eyes don't work that well anymore so I moved on to 1/6 scale but they where costly then I found 1/16 scale rc rtr models and loved them and that's where I am now but still building 1/16 scale statics because my fingers can just about manage that I have about 100 + 1/16 and 1/18 models oh and a wife who understands me lol. So there you have it mostly in a nut shell. I thank you all for allowing me to join the group and I look forward to learning form you and even put my little bit of input to the squawk if I don't mess it up

Comment

• Check my thread on Tongde Models for some valuable info.

Comment

• Welcome. Since the TongDE tanks are so new at this point, there will be a lot to learn about them. You guys figure it out and then maybe I'll buy one.... :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X