Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The point is the worm gear is probably the only thing that might cause noise one way versus the other. If it is off it won't work as well.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

does anyone make a metal version of the assembly that you're aware of?

Comment

as a side note, this thing runs circles around my metal track Bulldog and Sherman, we've got about an 1" of fresh snow in the last hour, little tank tracks all over ")

Comment

Originally posted by skyowa View Post
          does anyone make a metal version of the assembly that you're aware of?
          Yes there are metal versions.

Comment

have to look into that, support on the issue from MRC has been non-existent

Comment

Originally posted by skyowa View Post
              have to look into that, support on the issue from MRC has been non-existent
              Call MRC sales. They are very active.

Comment

A buddy has gotten two replacement parts from MRC in the two weeks he received the tank.
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
                  Call MRC sales. They are very active.
                  I called the support line, he said they were really busy still from the holidays but got on it and the part is shipping, got the tracking number already and bonus sauce, the Abrams I ordered at like 1AM shipped too.

Comment

Has anyone flown the Motion RC AT6 Texan (57 inch wingspan) and the Horizon Hobby T-28 (55 inch wingspan. Which plane do you prefer, which is better built, better landing gear ?

Comment

How do I start new thread ?

Comment

No AT6 here. This is for tanks. Find another sub forum.
                        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Hey it's the Pope. Same one as in RC Groups?
                          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Mostly finished my T26E3 Pershing tank. Made a few modifications but still need to burnish the metal tracks. Here are some pics. I'm sure you'll all find the modifications I made. I won't list them all off. A lot of those modifications are specifically pictured. Click image for larger version  Name:	Commander.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.3 KB ID:	395894 Click image for larger version  Name:	Shell door hinge hole.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.8 KB ID:	395895 Click image for larger version  Name:	Back side.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.5 KB ID:	395896 Click image for larger version  Name:	Engine pull holes.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.8 KB ID:	395897 Click image for larger version  Name:	Top.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.6 KB ID:	395898 Click image for larger version  Name:	Left side.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.7 KB ID:	395899 Click image for larger version  Name:	Box storage.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.2 KB ID:	395900 Click image for larger version  Name:	Light tubes.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.6 KB ID:	395901 Click image for larger version  Name:	Cover storage.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.1 KB ID:	395902 Click image for larger version  Name:	Horn.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	395903 Click image for larger version  Name:	Fuel tank straps.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.4 KB ID:	395904 Click image for larger version  Name:	Telephone wire.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.8 KB ID:	395905 Click image for larger version  Name:	Tread jack.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.0 KB ID:	395908 Click image for larger version  Name:	Med kit straps.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.2 KB ID:	395909
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Larkins View Post
                              Mostly finished my T26E3 Pershing tank. Made a few modifications but still need to burnish the metal tracks. Here are some pics. I'm sure you'll all find the modifications I made. I won't list them all off. A lot of those modifications are specifically pictured. Click image for larger version Name:	Light tubes.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.6 KB ID:	395901 Click image for larger version Name:	Cover storage.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.1 KB ID:	395902 Click image for larger version Name:	Horn.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	395903
                              Wonderful work on the tank chassis. Add a little effort to the track will make it perfect. I used small rubber block to fill the hollows on the backside of the track.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5275.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	395913 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5276.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	395914 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5176.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	395915

Comment

Would anyone know what size bearing I need for the rear axle by chance? Much appreciated.

Comment

I purchased this brand of metal burnishing fluid. It blackens like it should at first but once you follow the instructions, it’s turning my tread gray instead. Did Heng Long change the metal alloy recently? I’ve burnished my treads twice now, still gray. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5075.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.1 KB ID:	396234 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5074.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.0 KB ID:	396235 Any suggestions?

Comment

I purchased this brand of metal burnishing fluid. It blackens like it should at first but once you follow the instructions, it’s turning my tread gray instead. Did Heng Long change the metal allow recently? I’ve burnished my treads twice now, still gray. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5075.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	396234 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5074.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	396235 Any suggestions?
                                    Actually that is a good color for metal tracks. Add some generously applied rust paint now and let dry. Then drive your tank in loose soil or fine sand for a bit and you will have nice realistic weathered looking tracks.

The more you drive it outdoors the more the tracks will become scrapped and worn looking. The gray and rust color will be largely gone but elements of it will remain in the nooks and crannies just like on the real thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Actually that is a good color for metal tracks. Add some generously applied rust paint now and let dry. Then drive your tank in loose soil or fine sand for a bit and you will have nice realistic weathered looking tracks.

The more you drive it outdoors the more the tracks will become scrapped and worn looking. The gray and rust color will be largely gone but elements of it will remain in the nooks and crannies just like on the real thing.
                                      These were blackened with Brownells Oxpho-blue gun bluing fluid. Then treated to AK's Crusted rust collection-

They'll be run around outside and dirtied up soon enough.

Comment

Thanks guys. I thought that tank treads were black with steel bits that would be rusted.

Comment

Thanks guys. I thought that tank treads were black with steel bits that would be rusted.
                                          Depends. Depends on whether the tracks are in active service or on a static display. Tracks in active service have a lot less rust.

Comment

Working...
                                          X