X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Larkins View Post
    Got my Pershing 10 days ago. Been slowly putting it together. In all of my research on these tanks, I was expecting that the parts would snuggly fit on the tank. Not so. I don't mind using glue to put the parts on. Actually, I prefer it, as glue is added security, but I was surprised at how loose the parts fit. I'm modding the T26 Pershing, not the M26. Although my research shows that the T26 was still in the Korean war at the beginning besides at the end of WW II. But the one thing that really befuddles me is the specific color it came modeled in. I can't exactly match the color and I've tried several colors I thought were close but once they dry, the paint still doesn't match. I've been using the paint to patch up the spots where the part came off the spur. Can anyone recommend a brand and color, or should I just paint the entire thing over? I don't mind painting it but small patching is easier of course. Thanks.
    Just paint the entire tank it much simpler. HL has used several shades of green and white for the M26 so what worked for one persons tank does not always work for another.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Larkins View Post
      Got my Pershing 10 days ago. Been slowly putting it together. In all of my research on these tanks, I was expecting that the parts would snuggly fit on the tank. Not so. I don't mind using glue to put the parts on. Actually, I prefer it, as glue is added security, but I was surprised at how loose the parts fit. I'm modding the T26 Pershing, not the M26. Although my research shows that the T26 was still in the Korean war at the beginning besides at the end of WW II. But the one thing that really befuddles me is the specific color it came modeled in. I can't exactly match the color and I've tried several colors I thought were close but once they dry, the paint still doesn't match. I've been using the paint to patch up the spots where the part came off the spur. Can anyone recommend a brand and color, or should I just paint the entire thing over? I don't mind painting it but small patching is easier of course. Thanks.
      My plan on the Pershing is to tear it down, glue all the detail parts that should be the same color as the tank and paint the whole thing with Tamiya TS-28 OD, then paint the remaining detail on the tree and then glue them on.

I looked at so many different OD paint shades I ended up just throwing a dart though

Comment

Thanks guys. I ended up choosing one of my many OD paints. After looking at my choices using natural outdoor light, which we don't get very much this time of year in MI, I picked out a U.S. OD. LOL. Still have a few things to paint and a few more modifications. Hope to put picks up here once I'm done. Anyone got a good source of 1/16 tank decals? Not thrilled with the "Snow Leopard" decals if I can find some other choices. Thanks.

Comment

My Pershing shipped today, and according to the tracking, will be here tomorrow, just need the Abrams to complete the US collection, although the Challenger does attract my attention and I've nothing against the crown...

Comment

Originally posted by skyowa View Post
            My Pershing shipped today, and according to the tracking, will be here tomorrow, just need the Abrams to complete the US collection, although the Challenger does attract my attention and I've nothing against the crown...
            My most favorite US tank is the M60 Patton. I have the Pershing and the Sherman. I am a long from a US collection, missing M1A2 Abrams, M2 Bradley and Walker Bulldog, and the soon to be released Stuart.

I got an IDF Merkava Mk4 last month. It is the best Heng Long tank I ever acquired, bar none. My next tank is most likely a Tongde Centurion Mk5. It would be a while before I get another US tank.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
              My most favorite US tank is the M60 Patton. I have the Pershing and the Sherman. I am a long from a US collection, missing M1A2 Abrams, M2 Bradley and Walker Bulldog, and the soon to be released Stuart.
              I have the Bulldog, ordered the Sherman and Pershing, can't find a Patton from any brand I've heard of, but if Heng Long spits out a Stuart it will be on my list

Comment

I have the Bulldog, ordered the Sherman and Pershing, can't find a Patton from any brand I've heard of, but if Heng Long spits out a Stuart it will be on my list
                M60A1 1:16 U.S Remote Control Main Battle Tank Simulated Sound Effects Turret Rotation Electric Toy Car - AliExpress
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5237.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.6 KB ID:	394944 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5239.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.8 KB ID:	394945 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5190.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.9 KB ID:	394946

I got the plastic version and did the metal upgrade myself. I have the US Marine M60A1. Rubicon99 did an excellent review on the US Army M60A3 tank.
                Finally got in a metal version TD M60A3. Unfortunately things are not starting off well. It arrived with a broken main gun mount, broken rear engine exhaust panel and jammed left side gearbox. On a positive note the gears are steel and the gearboxes are all have bearings. Also the arrangement is the same as used in HL

Comment

Got my Pershing today, everything perfect except for a weirdness in the turret, initially didn't go past 3 o'clock, and made a somewhat concerning noise turning right, and when I had support on the phone it started turning as it should but was still making the noise. Guess I'm going for a look when I get off work but other than that, it's a pretty sweet tank.

Comment

The most likely cause of turret binding with noise is the wires inside have jammed in the rotation gear. There is a "clutch" mechanism that keeps the turret from turning if there is a bind. It'll make a grinding noise. If so, it'll have to be opened up to clear them.
                    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I agree with Bob, if it's making the clicking sound anywhere other than over the back deck then it probably has something causing an obstruction in the turret gear. Lots of folks have cut wires in those gears.

Comment

well I opened it up, didn't see any wires hitting the ring gear, although I will say the wiring in my bulldog is much neater,, the bundle of wires coming from the turret does not impress the way it's routed, that's going to have to be addressed, but as far as I can tell the issue lies in the drive gear/motor assembly.

Comment

I think you’re right. Good news is, a replacement costs less than $10 online.
                          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                            I think you’re right. Good news is, a replacement costs less than $10 online.
                            I'm pretty sure MRC will replace it, I just got it yesterday.

Comment

I think if you disassemble it (rotation gear box) you will find the gear on the motor just needs to be pushed out some to mesh better with the other gears.
                              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                I think if you disassemble it (rotation gear box) you will find the gear on the motor just needs to be pushed out some to mesh better with the other gears.
                                I'd rather just replace the assembly since it's a brand new tank under warranty, once things are out of warranty then I'll boldly go forth

Comment

I'd rather just replace the assembly since it's a brand new tank under warranty, once things are out of warranty then I'll boldly go forth
                                  Since they are replacing it are they having you send it back? If not, then there is no harm in opening it up and messing around with the gears. It's a stupidly simple design and easy to take apart and mess around with.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Since they are replacing it are they having you send it back? If not, then there is no harm in opening it up and messing around with the gears. It's a stupidly simple design and easy to take apart and mess around with.
                                    I don't know what they're going to do, I opened a ticket and provided the video, haven't heard from them yet, if they just replace it then yeah, we'll open it open and see what's going on, be nice if I could find diagrams for these assemblies though, I like to know what to expect.

Comment

I don't know what they're going to do, I opened a ticket and provided the video, haven't heard from them yet, if they just replace it then yeah, we'll open it open and see what's going on, be nice if I could find diagrams for these assemblies though, I like to know what to expect.
                                      It is just three simple gears.

Comment

Actually 4 gears Click image for larger version

Name:	A848F597-39CA-4D62-8C1F-090B2DFC3E1F.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	395072
                                        Attached Files
                                        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                          Actually 4 gears Click image for larger version  Name:	A848F597-39CA-4D62-8C1F-090B2DFC3E1F.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.3 KB ID:	395072
                                          Ok.....4 gears. It's been a while since I had to mess with one. The point is they are easy and uncomplicated to work on.

Comment

Working...
                                          X