X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Mato Duckbill Tracks

Can somebody please tell me the correct way to install the Track PINS when using DUCKBILLS. I bought Mato T-49 metal tracks with duckbills for my HL sherman tank. Do the KNURLED ends go toward the tank? Are the pins supposed to go through the duckbills first, then through the link? Or are the duckbills supposed to be "pushed" on after the pins and links are installed? I appreciate any help.

This is a long shot, but have you tried looking at the taigen tanks YouTube channel? They might have a video about that.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Comment

Originally posted by hsdtech View Post
      Can somebody please tell me the correct way to install the Track PINS when using DUCKBILLS. I bought Mato T-49 metal tracks with duckbills for my HL sherman tank. Do the KNURLED ends go toward the tank? Are the pins supposed to go through the duckbills first, then through the link? Or are the duckbills supposed to be "pushed" on after the pins and links are installed? I appreciate any help.
      Duckbill is the last to be added. I use the T74 with duckbills.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	88
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	399700
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	995.1 KB ID:	399698 Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	955.7 KB ID:	399699

Pictures from older Mato picturial instructions. They may or may not be applicable to your newer T49 metal track with duckbill. PM me with your email address if you want copies of them.​​ You may be able to get more up to date support from the Mato distributor in Canada.
      Experience precision in motion with Mato Tanks. For RC tank enthusiasts, our collection offers authenticity and quality. Discover our stunning collection, & get ready to embark on epic battles and historical adventures.

Comment

Thanks guys. What happened was that I needed to add a link to the tracks to fit the HL sherman. I pushed a pin out, and while handling the tracks to add the link, several duckbills came off of several other track links and they fell apart. I don't know why or how. I put a few back together but I am having a real hard time getting them to stay together. The duckbills continue to want to come off. Maybe the pins are a little short? Or maybe they used glue to hold them on?
        When installing the pins I put the knurled end toward the tank. Then when adding the duckbills I have to give it several good blows to make them stay on the pins. If the duckbills don't stay on the pins the whole link assembly will easily come apart. It is very frustrating as all I was doing was trying to add one link to the tracks.

Comment

We had a similar discussion late last year that you may find helpful.

Comment

You've encountered a failing of Mato tracks. Some of their pins have no knurled ends. Running outdoors inevitably causes them to drift out. Knurling or pinching helps. Check your tracks after every use and conduct the fix in any pins you see.
            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
            X