You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official RotorScale AS350 Alpine Yellow and Red 450 Size Helicopter Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maidened this morning!

Collective range: +/- 12°
    Cyclic range: +/- 10°
    Tx (HH) tail gain = +30 (as viewed in the SETUP->MONITOR page of the ZYX-Assisant software)
    ZYX Assistant BASIC page values: All default.
    Headspeed: unknown - (need to setup governor mode and measure)

1st Impression? She flys pretty dang good!

Heading out now for flight #2 but I thought I'd share the maiden:

Rotorscale AS 350 450 Heli Maiden

Edit: the above flight is quite boring - the following (third) one is quite a bit more interesting...

Rotorscale AS 350 450 Heli - Maiden-day Flight #3

Note that I did swap out the stock Emax AS3054 tail servo with a KST-DS215 and repositioned its mounting. I also disassembled and reassembled the airframe to ensure all metal-to-metal bolts had threadlock prior to maiden.

Edit #2 - I just noticed that the landing gear has cracked (I had one landing that was not quite grease factor 8 - but it was not that hard - it should have survived it). Need to beef that part up.
    Last edited by ridgerunner; May 9th, 2019, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Nice, looks like you've got it flying pretty well!

Comment

Flips, loops and rolls, oh my!

Rotorscale AS 350 450 Heli - Sunset Flight #8

Comment

9 packs through my AS-350 so far today (I've lost track of the flight count, but have over an hour and a half airtime on the "odometer" timer in my Taranis). After a few more packs this evening, it will be time to move on and start focusing on setting up the 450 Airwolf!

Rotorscale AS 350 450 Heli - She's Flying Pretty Sweet!

Comment

Note that the downloadable manual on the MotionRC Rotorscale product page SUPPORT tab (Platinum25A40AV4.pdf) is for a newer version of the HW 40A ESC - it is NOT the correct manual for the ESC actually installed on the RS helis.
              I have located a more up-to-date version of the Hobbywing ESC manual for the ESC that is installed on my Rotorscale 450s (this HW ESC is an older version of the Hobbywing Platinum series - it is NOT the V4, or the V3). See attached file: (HW-01-PL-101218.pdf)

EDIT: MotionRC has updated their support page download to the correct manual version.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I have updated the PDF accordingly on all RotorScale support pages.
                Aros.MotionRC
                Motion RC Website/Advertising
                Self-Admitted Warbirdaholic

My RC videos on YouTube:
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZ..._bdGEJBmtV7YUw

“My soul is in the sky.”

Comment

Working...
                X