X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
    I believe the spacers are for converting from the wider EFL or Pro versions of the Trex 600. If you used the ESP, you shouldn't need them. As for the umbrella gear, I moved to the bottom side after converting the one-way bearing for CCW rotation. Moving that umbrella gear keeps the tail rotating in the correct (and most efficient) direction when main gear rotation is reversed.
    Oh, okay, thank you, I will leave mine as is, I don't care which way mine rotates, as long as it flies.....

Comment

Well, I did the maiden flight today and things could have gone better. First hover was fine. Rotor was smooth, just needed gain tuning. On the second attempt, I got to light on gear and heard a loud bang. The H stabs, and 3 of 4 doors simultaneously departed the aircraft. I immediately hit throttle cut. When the blades came to a stop, the windshield was cracked, pieces were laying around in the scale cockpit, and fiberglass around the swashplate was chewed up. The whole center console in the cockpit has broken loose (probably contains a 1/2lb of ballast or so), and the mechanics were loose on their mountings. My theory is that that either the rear ball link on the swashplate let go, or that one of the mounting bolts actually pulled through the aluminum L mounting brackets. Both the forward swash linkages were also bent inward, likely from contact with the fiberglass. The event also delaminated several sections of plywood where the mechanics bolt on. I can get it fixed, but it bugs me that I don’t have a definitive “smoking gun”.
      Ok, I am trying to figure out something here, I bought the Roban 212 fuselage and using a Trex 600ESP, everything fit perfect and all that, I need to change my motor to a lower KV and realized my frames are 47mm and all the Scorpion motors I need and most other 600 size motors are 49mm and wider, so how did you get that Scorpion 1100 to fit in your frames, you have the Chaos 600?? which has wider frames and you bought the ARF bundle, correct?? I have the same spacers and all that like yours but is yours a whole different set of wider spacers?? I thought we would have the same spacing but maybe not. I can't fit any motors over 47mm, I just found this out this morning when I went to order my motor. Thanks

Might be time to do some cutting on my frames..............

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Ok, I am trying to figure out something here, I bought the Roban 212 fuselage and using a Trex 600ESP, everything fit perfect and all that, I need to change my motor to a lower KV and realized my frames are 47mm and all the Scorpion motors I need and most other 600 size motors are 49mm and wider, so how did you get that Scorpion 1100 to fit in your frames, you have the Chaos 600?? which has wider frames and you bought the ARF bundle, correct?? I have the same spacers and all that like yours but is yours a whole different set of wider spacers?? I thought we would have the same spacing but maybe not. I can't fit any motors over 47mm, I just found this out this morning when I went to order my motor. Thanks
        The Chaos 600 is a clone of the EFL, so I have the wider frames on mine than the ESP. I had some spacers (only a few) included with the initial kit, but most were missing. After contacting customer support, they ended up sending me a full spacer kit that worked excellent.

Comment

The Chaos 600 is a clone of the EFL, so I have the wider frames on mine than the ESP. I had some spacers (only a few) included with the initial kit, but most were missing. After contacting customer support, they ended up sending me a full spacer kit that worked excellent.
          Okay, that is what I thought, still confused about the spacers, so your kit has the same parts as mine but yours came with wider spacers and bearing blocks? So on my kit conversion, all my spacers and bearing blocks were only 47" wide, I can't use the motors that are 49", now I got a problem trying to find a 1100 kv heli motor that will fit inside my frames. its like they made two different sets of spacers and bearing blocks.

Comment

Okay, that is what I thought, still confused about the spacers, so your kit has the same parts as mine but yours came with wider spacers and bearing blocks? So on my kit conversion, all my spacers and bearing blocks were only 47" wide, I can't use the motors that are 49", now I got a problem trying to find a 1100 kv heli motor that will fit inside my frames. its like they made two different sets of spacers and bearing blocks.
            Yes, my bearing blocks and spacers were around 10mm wider than the ESP, using those parts from the Chaos kit. Can you dremel out a bit more space in the frames to accommodate a larger motor? I’ve had to do that on a few smaller builds.

Comment

Saw this over on RCG: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...E-600xf-1100kv. Looks to be a smaller 1100kv motor. Might be worth a try.

Comment

Saw this over on RCG: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...E-600xf-1100kv. Looks to be a smaller 1100kv motor. Might be worth a try.
                Thank you, I'm trying to get it from him, only bad thing is, I will have to trim the doghouse because it is a tall motor, it's taller than the normal 600 motor but I won't have to trim the frames, don't know which one I would rather do....

Comment

Thank you, I'm trying to get it from him, only bad thing is, I will have to trim the doghouse because it is a tall motor, it's taller than the normal 600 motor but I won't have to trim the frames, don't know which one I would rather do....
                  Ah.. personally, I’d rather trim the frames. Cutting the doghouse would be messy.

Comment

Ah.. personally, I’d rather trim the frames. Cutting the doghouse would be messy.
                    Well, I got the motor coming, so we shall see what happens. I would rather trim the doghouse myself but it won't look good with the motor showing, it will help with cooling, I thought for $80 is was worth trying to see if it fits, better than $200 I was going to spend at first, I can alway sell it if it don't work and I have to cut to much on the doghouse, thanks for your help with this project, I still need and ESC and BEC or get one of those ESC with a built in BEC, not sure yet which way I will go on that. Here it is, almost ready for it's test flight.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Was a great afternoon for flying today. Put a few flights on the UH-1N in gusty conditions and it handled it great! Still have a few more details to add, but it is almost complete.

Comment

Looking good😎
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                          Looking good😎
                          Thanks George!

Comment

Progress on the 3D model for the FLIR. Hoping to get everything printed out tomorrow.

Comment

Finished up detailing the FLIR. Only a few more details to add now.

Comment

nice!!!!!!!!! Love the details. That is what makes the helicopter so much fun... And the collective!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                  nice!!!!!!!!! Love the details. That is what makes the helicopter so much fun... And the collective!!! LOL
                                  Thanks Hardway! Got out the Huey today for its first flight with the FLIR and completed flight crew. Almost finished now, just a few last touches to go!

Comment

Is that that the phoenixtech 600 ESP kit? It came with it? Where did you get the whole package?

Comment

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
                                      Is that that the phoenixtech 600 ESP kit? It came with it? Where did you get the whole package?
                                      It is Phoenixtech 600 CF kit: https://www.scaleflying.com/Chaos-60...e-_p_4740.html. Motion used to offer an “ARF Bundle” option that included the fuselage, Chaos 600 mechanics, motor, ESC, and servos in one package. Seems to have been removed from the site now, I wonder if they may be revising the included contents.

Comment

Yeah I seen that too, all the ARF bundle kits disappeared off their site once they sold out, maybe short supply of mechanics or something.

Comment

• Flight video from Friday:

Comment

Working...
                                          X