Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    Sweeeet Cobra. Thanks for posting the video.

Leave a comment:

• sfcfury
    replied
    Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
    Yeah, Callie told me she was swamped with work, she was able to get mine done for my Hughes 500,

​​​​​Know what you mean on the Microbeast FBL unit, it is my first FBL controller, after reading and watching videos I had it all programmed and flying in no time in my AH-6, it handles the big 800 size helis no problem, very pleased with mine.

I like the camo version Cobra as well, almost ordered it instead of my 800 size Hughes 500, can't wait for you guys to get some video of your Cobras. I ordered a video camera so I can hopefully start getting some video of my flights.
    Trying to get there... still working to boot... It's crazy that I've had this kit so long... I really didn't Start messing with it till this past November. OAN, Look at this crazy beautiful cobra build...

Leave a comment:

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    Yeah, Callie told me she was swamped with work, she was able to get mine done for my Hughes 500,

​​​​​Know what you mean on the Microbeast FBL unit, it is my first FBL controller, after reading and watching videos I had it all programmed and flying in no time in my AH-6, it handles the big 800 size helis no problem, very pleased with mine.

I like the camo version Cobra as well, almost ordered it instead of my 800 size Hughes 500, can't wait for you guys to get some video of your Cobras. I ordered a video camera so I can hopefully start getting some video of my flights.

Leave a comment:

• sfcfury
    replied
    Yea she's hella busy....I'm just gonna keep throwing logs on the fire tho !

Leave a comment:

• PawPaw
    replied
    I’ve used Callie for a couple years now. Excellent work. She has a long notice on her website these days & looking more like she’s ready to throw in the towel. I decided to use the water slides on the Cobra just to not add more to her grief. After I do a little weathering I’ll mat clear spray it anyway so these decals kinda blend in.

Leave a comment:

• sfcfury
    replied
    Yea it seems you just get used to things being a certain way... I am relatively new to the hobby... and pretty much dealt just with spektrum stuff. I just had an admiral 10 channel receiver come in I'm going to try. I also just got a ikon2 FBL... just to try it... it seems like alot of folks use it as well... especially in the scale arena it seems... I do see some AR7200/7210BX out there, but alot more ikon2/brain2 FBL's. Oh... i was mistaken when I said I got a demon originally with the Heli... it wasn't a demon at all... it was a DJI Naza... I looked at a few videos and the manual... and just never felt like trying it.
    OAN... Just something completely preference, but the decals... might wanna try Calliepgraphics on those... just a better product and finish than the stuff that comes with it.

Leave a comment:

• PawPaw
    replied
    Yeah I’ve always been partial to camo warbirds plus when I get stupid weathering with my airbrush doesn’t stand out so much. Maybe I’ll learn what you guys know in the next life ‘cause it ain’t struck me in this one. This Cobra’s just about ready but I need my confidence level to increase with this Demon FBL. Everything is doing what I’m used to but I’m just not understanding the advanced aspects of it. I took my RotorScale 450 Huey out of the box & installed a Microbeast Plus & Spektrum radio in a couple days & I never questioned anything I read. Just a simple setup all the way around. I’ve been Futaba since the 90’s and still need to dig in the book occasionally. If I can’t make peace with this Demon in the next few days another Microbeast is in Cobra’s future.

Leave a comment:

• sfcfury
    replied
    Good deal! Seems like that tail control arm could be a few mm's longer.. maybe with two ball link holes to chose from. So you got the camouflage one?

Leave a comment:

• PawPaw
    replied
    Guess I got lucky sfcfury.....that’s all the relief that was necessary for a smooth linkage. Never had an issue with the horn at all but was the lip of the ball link clevis hanging on the top edge of the fin.

Leave a comment:

• PawPaw
    replied
    Thanks for the info sfcfury....I’m just about at the point where I’ll see if mine rubs like yours did. I did notice how easy it could be to get the tail boom a mm or two off center at the lap joint when drilling the mounting holes which would translate to much more at the vertical fin. I almost needed to relieve a little ‘glass to get mine plumb.

Leave a comment:

• sfcfury
    replied
    So as I try to wrap up my tail issue... (which was that once all together my pushrod was rubbing against the vertical tail fuselage-and I didn't want to cut/dremel anymore off the tail), a good 'just to know' is that it looks like as far as the tail goes, any parts that fit the Align 600 (definitely 600 ESP) should match up. I can confirm that the part number H60250T 600ESP Metal Tail pitch assembly is 100% drop in replacement for the stock roban piece. Well at least on mine lol... Idk know if the tail has changed from 18 months ago lol. I bought it via google shopping for $16.80 from ALL e RC. Comes just how you see in the picture complete (side plate etc).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	H60250T Metal tail assembly.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	251369
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PawPaw
    replied
    Great pics, thanks! Haven’t read anything specific about that detail and was just curious. Leaving that for last.

Leave a comment:

• sfcfury
    replied
    In fact I don't think I've seen a picture with it at a negative angle.

Leave a comment:

• sfcfury
    replied
    I do not; I know that it moves, (most likely automatically with airspeed) but do not know it's max elevation /deflection angles. I personally was going to mount it with only a + 1 or 2 degrees angle. In most in flight pictures that's what it looks like.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ah1-228-070719-02cr-16.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	250845Click image for larger version

Name:	68943_1209092173.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	250844Click image for larger version

Name:	ah-1w_165055_08_of_83.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	250846Click image for larger version

Name:	ah-1w_165281_01_of_82.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	250849Click image for larger version

Name:	2059781.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	250848
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PawPaw
    replied
    I couldn’t actually measure it but guessing it’s at least the 110 you mentioned. That’s normal I’m sure but don’t have a clue what that camera circuit board can handle in a confined space. That screened opening at the top of the doghouse looks like a perfect spot to exhaust the fan. BTW, do you know what incidence angle the stub wings on the tail boom should be? Prob insignificant but a detail I’d like to get right.

Leave a comment:

• sfcfury
    replied
    Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
    One thing’s for sure...once all the scale bits are mounted it gets real interesting trying to find a good handhold to pick it up without breaking something off. Think I will install a 30mm fan high in the doghouse to see if it will help cool around the motor area. Motor gets pretty hot just from short test stand run-ups & my camera PCB will be very close to the can when everything’s buttoned up. I already installed a 40mm fan on the Talon but really didn’t need it, so maybe it will pull enough heat out by itself.
    What temps are you running? I know everything 'feels hot'... but I bought one of those lil laser pointer temp guns, everything seems to be in the 90-110 range. All the servo's seem stay about 85-90, the ESC gets about 110-115. That tengu motor runs pretty warm (comparatively speaking) seems to be about 115-120 right after shutdown. It runs warmer than the scorpion did. Those are all temps while the mechanics were in the fuselage.... but I have yet to drive it hard. Of course more airflow the better!

Leave a comment:

• PawPaw
    replied
    One thing’s for sure...once all the scale bits are mounted it gets real interesting trying to find a good handhold to pick it up without breaking something off. Think I will install a 30mm fan high in the doghouse to see if it will help cool around the motor area. Motor gets pretty hot just from short test stand run-ups & my camera PCB will be very close to the can when everything’s buttoned up. I already installed a 40mm fan on the Talon but really didn’t need it, so maybe it will pull enough heat out by itself.

Leave a comment:

• PawPaw
    replied
    I’ve done a little more research & figured out buying programming interfaces for the AR626a to change it about as much as just getting an AR 620 so ordered it too. I’ve been fingering this DX6e this morning & it’s really user friendly. Just gotta get used to the weight difference & overall feel. My Cobra tinkering continues but rapidly running out of excuses to keep it grounded so decided to spend more time on a 450. Also, my confidence level with this Demon FBL isn’t where it should be right now. For example, just when I thought my tail issue was sorted out I read a post from Alpha on a different thread where he stated “Demon needs 8* of tail pitch” which confirms the “2 ball length” instruction. So, I’m thinking it’s time to get on the phone.....

Leave a comment:

• sfcfury
    replied
    Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
    Got an off topic question for Spektrum gurus: I’m a Futaba guy but do own a DX6e transmitter new in the box. Couple years ago I bought an electric Pitts BNF that has an AR626a receiver installed...never flew it. I’ve read this 626a is locked into AS3X but can be reprogrammed? Book says I can bind without SAFE so not worried about that too much. I ordered a RotorScale 450 Huey & Microbeast FBL yesterday so thinking I’ll try this Spektrum system in it. I will order a different receiver if I need to but would like your opinions on the 626a since I have it on hand? Thanks!
    Good morning! First literally I'm not much of guru in the RC world lol... literally armed with just enough knowledge to be dangerous!!! Just by chance, everything I have picked up has ended up being a spektrum product for the most part. I think my trex 500 flybar kit (that I used for my cobra 500) came with the Align GP750, then I switched to the 7200BX. Anyhoo, I haven't had any issues with the receivers, but I'm never out there putting tons of hours on them. I have a couple simple spektrum 6 channel receivers (I forgot what they came in lol), and several 7-8 channel ones. I would say get it shot... no point in spending money on something if you have too. I think the only receiver I have with the safex tech on it is my TimberX... but I set it up with that off. And uhm, that's a fun plane too!!

Leave a comment:

• PawPaw
    replied
    Got an off topic question for Spektrum gurus: I’m a Futaba guy but do own a DX6e transmitter new in the box. Couple years ago I bought an electric Pitts BNF that has an AR626a receiver installed...never flew it. I’ve read this 626a is locked into AS3X but can be reprogrammed? Book says I can bind without SAFE so not worried about that too much. I ordered a RotorScale 450 Huey & Microbeast FBL yesterday so thinking I’ll try this Spektrum system in it. I will order a different receiver if I need to but would like your opinions on the 626a since I have it on hand? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X