Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question: CastleLink gives me 3 options for setting gear ratio but can’t seem to input 13.8? Looks like tooth count the easiest way?

Comment

• It won't let you select the 'specified gear ration' button? Wait... how are you using this? On the computer or mobile device? I know on my phone, it won't let me input 13.8...

Comment

• Disregard last post: found pinion (20) & main gear (78) tooth count & got that ratio set (3.9 : 1). Entered the remainder of the data & CastleLink says at even 1600 head speed is too slow! Gotta keep digging, obviously. 🤔

Comment

• I was on a computer. CastleLink doesn’t like my 560Kv Scorpion or I’m doing something dumb....as usual. Only way I can get motor to run is with it set to “fixed endpoint” and not governor..

Comment

• Does it need a firmware update? 3.79 is the most current version. Perhaps uninstall/reinstall the castle line software. If you still end up going with the fixed end point setting, you would still need to calibrate the ESC. Now I don't know if it's just a spektrum receiver/CC ESC issue when calibrating, but there's a little process you have to follow, and here's a very good video link on how to do the calibration. If you go that route, I would leave idle/normal as a normal linear throttle curve, and then set idle 2 at 83% flat curve, and idle 3 at 86% flat. That should be in the ball park of 1350rpm and 1400 rpm respectively with your 560kv motor.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	CC LINK PIC.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	248137

Comment

• Well, got the 13.8 gear ratio to enter this time. Guess the program didn’t load fully at first. Is that ratio the motor pinion to main gear ratio? The top pinion to main gear ratio is 3.9:1 & that’s what I entered at first. 13.8 makes more sense & works in the program. I tried 1350 head speed but it shows 100% throttle with 1250 at 70%.

Comment

• I would clear out all the numbers, and set just the specified gear ratio. Sometimes I've had it change after hit okay, and when the I went back to look at the the numbers they were all crazy.. I just entered them again. Here's what I get with a 560kv entered, and looking at the 3rd rpm:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	560 motor setting.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	248163

Comment

• Ok, gotcha. Mine’s showing same as yours with those numbers. Don’t know if it matters but mine shows version 4.25....

Comment

• 4.25 is the firmware version, mine is on that as well... Sounds you like you got it going then!

Comment

• Great news and pretty good Cobra news: Great news is my camera location inside the cockpit is 99% perfect! Any distortion from the clear plastic isn’t really noticeable at all. I’ll post a vid tomorrow...one I have now shows my hairy legs, dog, & wife griping at me.
                      The pretty good news is after hours of head scratching finally got my Talon 120 to arm in governor mode. Will only arm if the throttle is down and throttle trim is reduced to zero also. I think that’s because my throttle max hasn’t been calibrated....don’t have it on a test stand yet. Auto calibrate setting requires 100% stick while running. Making progress, anyway.

Comment

• Congrats! It just wouldn't be RC with out the wife griping!! :) Yea I think you would have to calibrate it.... even if you don't use a specktrum receiver, I don't see how doing the process the way the video shows to do it would hurt anything. I have re calibrated mine several times (basically everytime I made a change using the castle link software), and each time the settings/endpoints end up slightly different... with both end points ending over 100. Like right now in my transmitter, the top end max of throttle is 117, and the bottom is -108.

Comment

• Just got the pan servo functional on my gun. Ended up using a turnigy 180 deg servo. Plan is to use the same servo in the FLIR. I did get the FPV camera functional as well. My internet has been touch and go today, so I’ll try to get a video of the gun movement up once it returns to normal.

Comment

• F106 that’s amazing work! Can’t wait to see it operate. The FLIR & gun will be sync’d?

Comment

• Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
                              F106 that’s amazing work! Can’t wait to see it operate. The FLIR & gun will be sync’d?
                              That is the plan! Hopefully, at least from certain angles, you should be able to see the gun barrel from the FLIR as well.

Comment

• It should see the gun also, if your lens is anything like this Split 3 Nano Cam. This is a screenshot of a video I can’t seem to email from Windows laptop to this IPad (?) to post here....guess I need to just forum on the laptop instead, LOL. Lens is very wide angle.

Comment

• Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
                                  It should see the gun also, if your lens is anything like this Split 3 Nano Cam. This is a screenshot of a video I can’t seem to email from Windows laptop to this IPad (?) to post here....guess I need to just forum on the laptop instead, LOL. Lens is very wide angle.
                                  Looks good!!!

Comment

• DCCORSAIR....You’re a Futaba guy, right? Need some help: I’m using a T10J in heli mode & a Demon 3X FBL with a Talon 120 ESC. I’ve got idle 1 set on switch B (up) at 30%, idle 2 on switch C (center)at 70%, & idle 3 on switch C (up) at 100%. All curves are off when switches are down, & normal linear throttle should work in this mode. Throttle stick position min/max has been set in the ESC. Problem is, I can’t get the ESC to hold a steady motor rpm in normal mode....at around 25%. As I increase stick to the point the motor begins to turn, & hold the stick at that point, the motor just continues to spool up. It’s like the ESC’s not seeing the normal 0-25-50-75-100 from the radio? As a side note, when I program the Talon for FIXED mode instead of GOVERNOR mode, the motor speed does follow Tx stick position as it should. Any ideas what I’ve set wrong or need to set in the radio? I’m much too old for pride so pull no punches! Thanks!

Comment

• I think this is strictly an ESC issue; I don't think you can use a linear curve at all when the CC ESC is in governor mode... it's either going to do the 30%, 70% or 100%. That's why i set my 30% curve as low as I could... now again, I'm truly not the expert, but from everything I was reading, that's the case. B/c I wanted to have one linear curve, then the two governor modes.

Comment

• Ahhh, maybe that’s it...ESC doesn’t see a linear curve in governor mode. In that case I’ll try a 0-0-0-0-0 normal curve so it’ll arm, then switch to idle 1. This Futaba just won’t power up normally if it’s shut down with an active mix. It will allow you to program conflicting mixes without prompting you of the problem, but once you turn off the Tx then it goes into alarm mode when powering back up. Took me 30 min of Googling to find out how to get past that & into normal menu so I could fix the conflict. That’s why I figure normal throttle mode of some linear value must be set so I’ll try all “0’s”. Thanks!

Comment

• Thanks sfcfury! Works like a charm with normal set to all 0’s.

Comment

Working...
                                          X