Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry sir, I missed your question, just seen it actually, yes, get rid of the linear curve in gov. mode.

​​​​ I actually don't even bother with gov. mode on my helis, I run a flat curve and that's it, all in one mode on my old Futaba 7CH, I set point 1 at 0, then from point 2-5, I run a flat curve of 80%, I get away with this by not dropping into slow spool up because I run a steep negative pitch below 1/2 stick to drop my heli quickly in a scale decent rate and get that blade pop. I know gov. mode is the way to go, but I learned this way yrs ago and it works for me, no idle up, no switches to flip, nothing, just throttle hold if I need to of course for safety. I know it sounds strange but it works great if you know how to set it up right.

Comment

• Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
      Thanks sfcfury! Works like a charm with normal set to all 0’s.
      Good Deal!!

Comment

• Yes, now that throttle is doing the right thing it’s time to get pitch all dialed in. I have my max set at 11* right now with -4* as a min. Is that in the ballpark?

Comment

Yes, now that throttle is doing the right thing it’s time to get pitch all dialed in. I have my max set at 11* right now with -4* as a min. Is that in the ballpark?
          Yep, that's exactly where I start at, not everyone will agree but I always start there then adjust to my style, I like the -4 or even -5, on my 5 blade head with the stock flat bottom blades, I had to go -6 to get my big 500 to come down, what a floater with the stock blades, your 2 blades should work great at your suggested settings I would think.

Comment

• Yes I think that's a good place to start... I think mine is 11.5 to -4.5

Comment

• This thread is awesome!
              I just found it and read all 9 pages today.
              I'm really looking forward to seeing these projects completed and in flight!

Comment

• These guys know their stuff for sure. I sure wouldn’t be this far along on my Cobra without the help I’m getting here....and still a ways to go. Great news is this helicopter is very straightforward in mechanical assembly & a real looker out of the box. These guys take it to an extreme level and I can’t wait to see what’s next either.

Comment

These guys know their stuff for sure. I sure wouldn’t be this far along on my Cobra without the help I’m getting here....and still a ways to go. Great news is this helicopter is very straightforward in mechanical assembly & a real looker out of the box. These guys take it to an extreme level and I can’t wait to see what’s next either.
                  Yea I'm creeping along too... I decided to order the align 700 aluminum tail pitch assembly kit (and pitch slider) b/c I just don't want any slop in the tail... so I'm waiting for that to come in. Yea there's a alot of knowledge on these forums, and I pretty much read all the heli stuff, but especially any of the Roban 600/700/800 build pages... b/c the mechanics are all very similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

Yea I'm creeping along too... I decided to order the align 700 aluminum tail pitch assembly kit (and pitch slider) b/c I just don't want any slop in the tail... so I'm waiting for that to come in. Yea there's a alot of knowledge on these forums, and I pretty much read all the heli stuff, but especially any of the Roban 600/700/800 build pages... b/c the mechanics are all very similar.
                    So you had slop in the tail or you just ordered the Align one as precaution?

I found the tail part really solid on both of my 500 , they fly really locked in. The Align one might be better built? I thought about doing the same just because, but decided to stay with the stock one for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

So you had slop in the tail or you just ordered the Align one as precaution?

I found the tail part really solid on both of my 500 , they fly really locked in. The Align one might be better built? I thought about doing the same just because, but decided to stay with the stock one for now.
                      Well I had that pushrod issue... and no matter how much I finagled the angle of the vertical shaft, the pushrod still rubbed. So I had a different build your kind of piece control arm piece, and while it wasn't bad and moved the pushrod over enough so that it no longer rubbed, I just didn't like the feel of it. The stock control arm wasn't bad, just the alignment/pushrod issue I was having. Having never seen the align (that style) one up close, it looks like the control arm part is fairly long... and I like the overall design of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

Well I had that pushrod issue... and no matter how much I finagled the angle of the vertical shaft, the pushrod still rubbed. So I had a different build your kind of piece control arm piece, and while it wasn't bad and moved the pushrod over enough so that it no longer rubbed, I just didn't like the feel of it. The stock control arm wasn't bad, just the alignment/pushrod issue I was having. Having never seen the align (that style) one up close, it looks like the control arm part is fairly long... and I like the overall design of it.
                        Okay, I understand that, let us know if it works out for you and any mods you have to do, parts are hard to get these days, so any other parts that will fit these Roban kits will help us all out.

Comment

• Just got the video of my gun turret mod uploaded. The FPV footage turned out a bit washed out, but it looks better in person. Overall, I’m pretty happy with how it’s turned out so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                            Just got the video of my gun turret mod uploaded. The FPV footage turned out a bit washed out, but it looks better in person. Overall, I’m pretty happy with how it’s turned out so far.
                            This is awesome.

Comment

• Exactly what Spinny said.

Comment

• Great job, F106. Turned out better than I had imagined!

Comment

• I gotta take a break. I just thought I had the head setup really close....until I put this newly purchased Data Logger pitch/roll instrument on it. I’ve always 90’d servo arms, verified exact equal length on paired pushrods, and mechanically set their lengths to give a “perfect eyeball” level from swashplate to rotor shaft & grip screw parallel to shaft (with blades off). Always seemed to work before on smaller helis & kept me happy. Until today, that is. I been chasing digital zeros on this €£@#* thing all morning, which is made much worse by having to plug my Demon 3X FBL into my laptop to make subtrim changes because it won’t allow them in the Tx. I’m getting close to accepting -0.8* as perfect!

Comment

• F106.... man that looks awesome... got me all envious lol!! I really would like to do the traverse part at least on sync the flir and gun.... need to look at what you did closer on that... my problem is that I really don't want to add a different receiver... I think what really draws me to the AR7210BX is that it's all in one... taking care of all the normal heli stuff and you still end up with two AUX channels.

Comment

I gotta take a break. I just thought I had the head setup really close....until I put this newly purchased Data Logger pitch/roll instrument on it. I’ve always 90’d servo arms, verified exact equal length on paired pushrods, and mechanically set their lengths to give a “perfect eyeball” level from swashplate to rotor shaft & grip screw parallel to shaft (with blades off). Always seemed to work before on smaller helis & kept me happy. Until today, that is. I been chasing digital zeros on this €£@#* thing all morning, which is made much worse by having to plug my Demon 3X FBL into my laptop to make subtrim changes because it won’t allow them in the Tx. I’m getting close to accepting -0.8* as perfect!
                                      Yea Paw... you definitely gotta step away sometimes! What's crazy is that I have the Demon FBL as well (I got it b/c it was suggested as well), and long before I got around to tinkering with this cobra, I got to liking the spektrum FBL's. Sooo I have never even hooked it up... I think I had looked at a video, and downloaded the interface etc, and was just like bump that... so unfortunately I can't give any advice on what to do with it. I know I do zero subtrim adjustments with the 7210... not that helps you any...

Comment

• Oh, it’s just me I think. This Data Logger is precise like I want but probably more than is required when all said and done. The Demon just makes the process difficult because it’s software isn’t the friendliest but then again Futaba menus take time to master as well. We’ll get there.

Comment

• I am curious to see your data logger device you talking about. Some where along the way I came across the soko pitch gauge kit. It's a lil pricey to say its just a pitch gauge... but I really like it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X