Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In fact I don't think I've seen a picture with it at a negative angle.

Comment

• Great pics, thanks! Haven’t read anything specific about that detail and was just curious. Leaving that for last.

Comment

• So as I try to wrap up my tail issue... (which was that once all together my pushrod was rubbing against the vertical tail fuselage-and I didn't want to cut/dremel anymore off the tail), a good 'just to know' is that it looks like as far as the tail goes, any parts that fit the Align 600 (definitely 600 ESP) should match up. I can confirm that the part number H60250T 600ESP Metal Tail pitch assembly is 100% drop in replacement for the stock roban piece. Well at least on mine lol... Idk know if the tail has changed from 18 months ago lol. I bought it via google shopping for $16.80 from ALL e RC. Comes just how you see in the picture complete (side plate etc).
        Click image for larger version

Name:	H60250T Metal tail assembly.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	251369
        Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for the info sfcfury....I’m just about at the point where I’ll see if mine rubs like yours did. I did notice how easy it could be to get the tail boom a mm or two off center at the lap joint when drilling the mounting holes which would translate to much more at the vertical fin. I almost needed to relieve a little ‘glass to get mine plumb.

Comment

• Guess I got lucky sfcfury.....that’s all the relief that was necessary for a smooth linkage. Never had an issue with the horn at all but was the lip of the ball link clevis hanging on the top edge of the fin.

Comment

• Good deal! Seems like that tail control arm could be a few mm's longer.. maybe with two ball link holes to chose from. So you got the camouflage one?

Comment

• Yeah I’ve always been partial to camo warbirds plus when I get stupid weathering with my airbrush doesn’t stand out so much. Maybe I’ll learn what you guys know in the next life ‘cause it ain’t struck me in this one. This Cobra’s just about ready but I need my confidence level to increase with this Demon FBL. Everything is doing what I’m used to but I’m just not understanding the advanced aspects of it. I took my RotorScale 450 Huey out of the box & installed a Microbeast Plus & Spektrum radio in a couple days & I never questioned anything I read. Just a simple setup all the way around. I’ve been Futaba since the 90’s and still need to dig in the book occasionally. If I can’t make peace with this Demon in the next few days another Microbeast is in Cobra’s future.

Comment

• Yea it seems you just get used to things being a certain way... I am relatively new to the hobby... and pretty much dealt just with spektrum stuff. I just had an admiral 10 channel receiver come in I'm going to try. I also just got a ikon2 FBL... just to try it... it seems like alot of folks use it as well... especially in the scale arena it seems... I do see some AR7200/7210BX out there, but alot more ikon2/brain2 FBL's. Oh... i was mistaken when I said I got a demon originally with the Heli... it wasn't a demon at all... it was a DJI Naza... I looked at a few videos and the manual... and just never felt like trying it.
                  OAN... Just something completely preference, but the decals... might wanna try Calliepgraphics on those... just a better product and finish than the stuff that comes with it.

Comment

• I’ve used Callie for a couple years now. Excellent work. She has a long notice on her website these days & looking more like she’s ready to throw in the towel. I decided to use the water slides on the Cobra just to not add more to her grief. After I do a little weathering I’ll mat clear spray it anyway so these decals kinda blend in.

Comment

• Yea she's hella busy....I'm just gonna keep throwing logs on the fire tho !

Comment

• Yeah, Callie told me she was swamped with work, she was able to get mine done for my Hughes 500,

​​​​​Know what you mean on the Microbeast FBL unit, it is my first FBL controller, after reading and watching videos I had it all programmed and flying in no time in my AH-6, it handles the big 800 size helis no problem, very pleased with mine.

I like the camo version Cobra as well, almost ordered it instead of my 800 size Hughes 500, can't wait for you guys to get some video of your Cobras. I ordered a video camera so I can hopefully start getting some video of my flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                          Yeah, Callie told me she was swamped with work, she was able to get mine done for my Hughes 500,

​​​​​Know what you mean on the Microbeast FBL unit, it is my first FBL controller, after reading and watching videos I had it all programmed and flying in no time in my AH-6, it handles the big 800 size helis no problem, very pleased with mine.

I like the camo version Cobra as well, almost ordered it instead of my 800 size Hughes 500, can't wait for you guys to get some video of your Cobras. I ordered a video camera so I can hopefully start getting some video of my flights.
                          Trying to get there... still working to boot... It's crazy that I've had this kit so long... I really didn't Start messing with it till this past November. OAN, Look at this crazy beautiful cobra build...

Comment

• Sweeeet Cobra. Thanks for posting the video.

Comment

• Wow

Comment

• Weird thing just happened. Finalized mechanics install & tried a quickie spin up inside the house without main blades, of course. Hit the IU switch 1 which I’ve got set to 30% (1150) & it spooled up just fine, then shut off at the 30%, then caught itself again back to the 30%. I did note CC says the 30% is hard to govern but I’ve not had this happen in many previous test spins. I’ll get it outside tomorrow for a real test.

Comment

• After one more removal of the mechanics (servo extension clips are to prevent leads pulling loose, duh) got it back together & blades mounted. It spun up just fine & nothing flew off or vibrated loose. The motor didn’t seem to heat up as much with the blades on, either. My camera location behind the cockpit seems fine too. Was tempted to get her light on the skids but need to figure out if I’m in the ballpark with tail gyro. I’m positive it’s in HH mode and tail’s not trying to “scoot” so probably ok but I want to find out how much my tx gyro slider inputs change the dampening rate. I left the long computer lead attached to the FBL so I’ll hook it back up to the computer this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
                                    After one more removal of the mechanics (servo extension clips are to prevent leads pulling loose, duh) got it back together & blades mounted. It spun up just fine & nothing flew off or vibrated loose. The motor didn’t seem to heat up as much with the blades on, either. My camera location behind the cockpit seems fine too. Was tempted to get her light on the skids but need to figure out if I’m in the ballpark with tail gyro. I’m positive it’s in HH mode and tail’s not trying to “scoot” so probably ok but I want to find out how much my tx gyro slider inputs change the dampening rate. I left the long computer lead attached to the FBL so I’ll hook it back up to the computer this afternoon.
                                    You know, it's funny you mentioned your motor heated up and seems fine with the blades on, I did the same thing on my Hughes 500, spooled it up to check for vibes without the blades and the motor got really hot, it actually had a hot smell to it, thought something was wrong for sure, but now with several flights on it, the motor is just a little warm even if I'm just sitting there checking tracking, then I read somewhere that your not supposed to spool up full throttle for to long without blades on, didn't know that but I guess it's true, no air blowing over the motor?

​​​​​Maybe someone can varify if that is true??

Comment

• Glad to hear it’s kinda normal, at least. I never pulled a positive pitch & the cockpit was installed so the motor can didn’t get much air movement. I do have a fan on the ESC but can’t believe that made much difference. Thinking maybe the ESC?

Comment

• I have read arguments kinda going both directions on if it's bad to run without blades, and I'm inclined to go with the it's okay to do so train of thought... I just wouldn't be banging the sticks up and down, b/c I think the sudden spikes of power draw might be the more dangerous part to the components (b/c of the no load situation)- but I also have the headspeed change setting set to medium, so it's just not gonna just dump power up and down anyways. I recently ran up the tengu with no blades, just bring it up slowly looking for vibrations etc, went all the way to IU2... watching etc... no issues. Of course its much a brand new motor, hasn't even been in the air yet, and when I shut it down, (being that I was right on top of it) and I got a lil bit of that 'hot electric' smell. PP... I think if anything, running it your 30% setting is probably a little bit harder on the CC ESC, b/c its my understanding that they run hotter when the are trying to govern that low speed. Heat is always the number one enemy... but with that being said, right after a test, or hover flight, I will feel the ESC or Motor, and be like dayum that is HOT!! Go get the temp gun and it's only 5 degrees F hotter than 'usual'... and still no where near the ball park of the max temp of the motor or ESC... My NASA calibrated hand temp gauge let me down again

Comment

• Yep, some say no and some yes, I just can't help it, I have to check things and make sure it's not going to fly apart, so I run mine at the throttle curve I plan on flying with and that is 70-80% with no blades, never had an issue yet doing it that way, there is no smell with the blades on though, I will say that.

Comment

Working...
                                          X