X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
    Miley nice, DC. Most interested in the OH-6 transformation so keep those pics coming.
    Thank you, I have my eye on that Cobra as well, MRC got only one gray Cobra kit in stock, by the time I seen it that morning and just as I was going to push the button, I noticed it said out of stock, someone beat me to it by just seconds, so now I'm thinking about getting the camo version, if I don't like it, paint it gray.

Comment

Got a little more done yesterday, mounted the tail boom and tail section, got it all glued on, had to do a little grinding here and there to get it all straight, turned out good.
      Attached Files

Comment

Now it needs an ESC, servos, wiring, fbl unit and my Rx and she is ready, only another $1000..

Comment

Looking good, DC. Can’t wait to follow your painting efforts!

Comment

Looking good, DC. Can’t wait to follow your painting efforts!
            I decided to keep it as is on this Cayuse build, no painting after all....

Comment

You & sfcfury are such horrible influences on my challenged wallet. Just jumped on a 600 MD-500e, Phoenixtech 600ESP, & interior kit from MRC. Like you said, just need ESC, FBL, motor, new receiver, 5 blade head, blades, servos, & food stamps. Oh well, everything be alright...if it wasn’t for everything else.

Comment

You & sfcfury are such horrible influences on my challenged wallet. Just jumped on a 600 MD-500e, Phoenixtech 600ESP, & interior kit from MRC. Like you said, just need ESC, FBL, motor, new receiver, 5 blade head, blades, servos, & food stamps. Oh well, everything be alright...if it wasn’t for everything else.
                I was told that from my friend as well, he siad he would never get into large helis, well after seeing my big 800 size, he built a 700 Apache...............

Comment

That OH-6 Navy scheme looks sharp. I didn’t realize that’s what it was until Mr. Google schooled me.

Comment

That OH-6 Navy scheme looks sharp. I didn’t realize that’s what it was until Mr. Google schooled me.
                    Thank you, and yeah most guys don't know about the Navy Cayuse, most only know about the version with short skids and struts and painted OD green, but this version has the longer struts and is painted white with the red, Roban did a pretty good job and made it look the real one.
                    I just flew my Magnum PI version this morning, they fly so smooth and I only fly it around 1/2 throttle most of the time, so I can't wait to get the Cayuse flying and it will look better when Callie sends me my new decals, the ones Roban sends with the kit are junk.
                    ​​​​

Comment

I will need to tap Callie’s skills again with my MD-500E if I muster enough courage to paint it. That’s looking less likely the longer I stare at it, ‘tho. I actually made peace with Roban’s decals on my B407 & B412...not so much on the AH-1 with it’s mat camo surface. Do you remember how much weight it took to balance your Magnum PI?

Comment

I will need to tap Callie’s skills again with my MD-500E if I muster enough courage to paint it. That’s looking less likely the longer I stare at it, ‘tho. I actually made peace with Roban’s decals on my B407 & B412...not so much on the AH-1 with it’s mat camo surface. Do you remember how much weight it took to balance your Magnum PI?
                        The balance is perfect on these big birds, both have a full cockpits with pilots, plus the two 5000mah batteries are mounted ahead of the CG as well, so both of mine are perfectly balanced, the Magnum PI and the AH-6 both flew very well with no CG adjustments, now on my new OH-6 Cayuse, the tail is a little shorter on the fuselage but the weight looks to be about the same, so I think it will come out perfect as well, its nice not adding any weight for once. When I was into the 600 size and built about 7 Hughes 500D and E models, both Roban and Funkey fuselages, they all required nose weight, so I just mounted a single 6S 5000mah lipo under the servo tray on my Hirobo Evo and that would balance them out, I only did one Trex 600E in a Funkey AS 350 and it required nose weight as well, so I bet you will need the nose weight on your build, that would be my guess. As for decals, my decals that came with all three of my Hughes 500 kits were junk, they ripped apart before I even got them off the paper, maybe I did something wrong when I tried to apply them but I couldn't even work with them, so Callie just emailed me today and for $25 she is making me a new set, she did an awesome job on my AH-6 and Magnum PI so I know the ones for the OH-6 will look nice as well.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up....I may not need much lead after all. Can’t wait to see the Cayuse all dressed up!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up....I may not need much lead after all. Can’t wait to see the Cayuse all dressed up!
                            Yeah, mine only took the one 6s 5000mah lipo up front to balance on my 600 size Hughes 500, so you shouldn't need much if any, now on my 600 size Bell 212, it needed the one 6s 5000mah lipo strapped all the way in the cockpit area and it was just slightly tail heavy, so I flew it anyway, made some nice scale approaches with it when the tail would drop and hang low, looked really scale, sorry I sold that one, might build another one now that MRC is carrying the Pheonixtech mechanics, that is what you just got?? what do you think of the mechanics??

Comment

Yes sir, I got the Phoenixtech 600 ESP mechs MRC now offers. So far I’m impressed with the quality of components. My 450 Huey mechs came assembled so this my first actual “scratch” direct drive mechanics assembly effort. There is no included manual so found a Trek ESP manual online to follow. Everything fits as it should, but did need to slightly enlarge the elevator servo spacer box screw holes for the self tapping screws. The frame has predrilled mounting holes for an optional 3rd main shaft bearing block but I’ve only been able to find one in Germany. Mechs will be fine as-is for scale flying, but I’d certainly add it for 3D. I want it “just because”. I emailed MRC about future availability of the bearing but haven’t heard back yet. Also, this frame is set up for standard size servos & includes 3 Futaba (25t) round horns which suit my needs perfectly. I’ll also add that the assembly notes available at MRC’s support tab for the Phoenixtech 600 ESP show the elevator servo mounted outside the frame & mention that it can’t be installed as designed. That ain’t true! Click image for larger version

Name:	6C31FBF5-F3A7-4A98-B0B3-6CF61602AF89.jpeg
Views:	415
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	279260Click image for larger version

Name:	A334E5BE-42E1-4E50-A504-31B2AAB58213.jpeg
Views:	376
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	279261

Comment

Hey, here's John Salt has a build series for this set specifically....

Comment

I did see his video was available, but the Trex 600 ESP online manual is so detailed & complete I didn’t watch it. Probably should have....I didn’t initially notice the longer balls on the swash plate were smaller diameter than the short ones, so broke both radius arms when I squeezed them on the wrong (short) balls.

Comment

Ok, good news then about the quality of the mechanics, also I never installed the 3rd bearing block on any of my helis, never had any issues for scale flying.

Comment

Anything new with the Cayouse?

Comment

Yep, all built now, waiting on Callie to get my graphics sent back to me, all I need are some servos and a FBL unit and good to go, got all my lights ready, battery came to power them up, got my Kontronik 160 on it's way, also got my back up buffer pack battery ordered, so its coming together slowly, not sure if I will have it ready this year though, really busy with work and all.

Scaleflying.de just got more of the 800 Cayuse in stock as of now, $1883 at the moment, little more than I paid but not much............

Comment

Stop it. I beg you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X