Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! Being filled with the milk of human kindness I will check out your servos & ESC for potential damage. Mailing address to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
      Awesome! Being filled with the milk of human kindness I will check out your servos & ESC for potential damage. Mailing address to follow.
      Will get them to you ASAP for inspection.............

Comment

Update on the Cayuse, I got the maiden flight done this evening, all went perfect, flew great and nice and smooth as well, sorry no video, maybe get me a hat cam one of these days to show these flights, so now I need to finish up the lights and get some more flights on it.

Comment

Awesome. We need another fly day. I get the Airwolf,Cobra,Apach done I’ll have to come down your way. Can’t wait to see it though.

Congrats 🎉

Gravy

Comment

Yeah, I can't wait to see the Apache in the air again..............

Comment

Great news, DCORSAIR. Time for the next project!

Comment

Great news, DCORSAIR. Time for the next project!
                Yep, not sure what that will be yet, but did you guys see that one guy over on Helifreak who sold a Roban AH-64 700 Apache kit and Roban 600 EC-665 Tiger kit for $500 and it was here in Ca. about 3 hrs away..........aaaaaaaaagggghhhhh.

Comment

What!!! You got to be kidding me. Some one scored big.

Comment

If that wasn’t a misprint it’ll do until the misprint gets here.

Comment

3 more flights today, I had a tail wag with the 2 blade tail so I put my 4 blade tail on and it's smooth, no wag at all, so I needed your guys opinion, how does it look with the 4 blade versus the 2 blade??
                      Attached Files

Comment

Like crap. Send it to me and end your pain.

Comment

Comment

You are no help at all buddy.

Comment

My vote is keep the 4 blades.

Gravy

Comment

Well I think the two blades looks better... especially considering that actually has the V Cayuse tail.... and from the looks... the two blades look a lil longer. Perhaps you can bump up your headspeed a bit? Worse case if you could always look at one of these:

Comment

Thanks guys for the help, didn't think about headspeed not being enough, but with these big blades I wouldn't think that was the cause of the tail wag really, turned up the gain on the Microbeast and all it did was cause a huge bounce back on the tail like it says in the instructions, so I went back to my original settings, I took the mechanics out and checked my linkage and all is smooth, I have my Magnum PI version and it's fine with identical servo, linkage set up, Microbeast is the same, radio settings are the same but it still wags but not with the 4 blade, so I cut the long tail blades down from 152mm to 135mm, it seems better but not completely gone, scratching my head on this one.

Comment

So is just a wag... all the tail authority is still there? I keep thinking TA... not just wag (that's why i said headspeed). I chased down a wag on my lil 500 size MD500 one very hard...I use the AR7210BX... so it's the microbeast tech in it... just got to a point were it would just bump here and there. It didn't seem any specific cause, I just got the tail to be as smooth as it could be, kept playing with the Tail dial and transmitter gains till I found a spot I felt as if it was going to be as a good as it gets. It seems on somedays, from one battery to the next equals different results.... never anything way out of control, just sort of an annoying inconsistency.
                                    So one thing I have noticed, in my various setups... I always start with just 3D vertical fin just to try to get dialed in, and then switch to the actual scale tail config. Of course the 3D tails allow a lot more airflow around them, so I of course have to make tweaks to the settings b/c of the scale tails blocking more air flow.
                                    Same for you, you have been building all of the T tail variants, and the Cayuse has that V tail... probably why the exact same settings aren't working as well for the Cayuse... b/c it has a different airflow going on around the tail. (which when you think about it, might be the reason the real helicopter moved away from that tail design)

Comment

Yeah, I found a sweet spot once, been flying now that way maybe 10 flights or more, lost track of flights now, put about 6 yesterday, it flies fine, every once in awhile in flight it will wag a little, mainly hovering, but it got windy, I mean more than I like but I flew it anyway, yeah stupid but I was determined to get it perfect, these big birds can handle wind no problem, hit my 4×8 plywood landing pad every time, lol, well anyway I got tired of lugging this big bird out of my pickup truck so I called it quits, didn't fix it but had fun flying it. It flew really smooth with 4 blade, no wag at all, that is why I checked my linkage, but it's smooth no binding or anything.

Comment

I did film a flight yesterday with my phone, I stood my phone up on my tailgate and wanted to show only the hovering, takeoff and landing, that is the only part I watch anyway on most videos plus my phone fell down from the wind and missed a few landings and hovering, I edited the blue sky shots of nothing but I left the invisible flight in the video and came up with a very short video for those interested in buying the Roban OH-6 Cayuse.

Comment

Very nice! Still think she’d be much happier in Texas, ‘tho.

Comment

Working...
                                          X