Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I just can't understand how/why Roban would be using any plastic pieces... especially on the 800 superscale size stuff... Pricing out the entire tail assembly... to be all metal align parts (assembly + tail rotor holder) is $100. They can't be saving that much money from using the plastic pieces...

Comment

• Still have some work to do on mine but wanted to post a video from second day of flying.

Comment

• Looking good, I find these big 800 size helis fly really good don't you think??.
        Did you use the stock tail rotor?? I had to ask because I had tail wags on both of mine, wasn't sure if it was the Microbeast plus having issues with the stock tail rotor, what FBL gyro are you using.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double E View Post
          Still have some work to do on mine but wanted to post a video from second day of flying.

https://youtu.be/9uqdB2_6Zp8
          Looking good Double E!

Comment

• I’m using a Bavarian Demon 3X for stabilization and the stock tail setup. Seems fine but noticed some oscillation in high wind forward flight this past weekend. I will dial down the tail gain a little to see if that resolves the issue.

Comment

• Did you use the stock water slide decals on yours? I wasn’t sure how the water slides would turn out so I have ordered a set of vinyl graphics from Callie Graphics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double E View Post
                Did you use the stock water slide decals on yours? I wasn’t sure how the water slides would turn out so I have ordered a set of vinyl graphics from Callie Graphics.
                On both of mine, the stock decals were junk so I sent them to Callie and she made me a nice set, that's what you see in my pictures of my OH-6 and she did the N numbers for my Magnum PI.

Comment

• What name did you order your graphics under? I need to let Callie know that she already created the artwork for your order.

Comment

• Sent you a message about the name they should be under, make sure you tell her which one it is because she has done my OH-6, AH-6 and the Magnum PI, so tell her it's the Red/White Navy set.

Comment

• Really thinking about bashing my white Roban Cayuse into the Army green version like this one, I think it would look better than the white version, and I have an extra set of skids I could cut down to make it shorter............

Click image for larger version  Name:	qkfgfwkky.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	253.1 KB ID:	308259

Comment

• You watched “Apocalypse Now” again yesterday, didn’t you?

Comment

• Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
                          You watched “Apocalypse Now” again yesterday, didn’t you?
                          Too funny...........don't know what happen to the picture when I posted, now its back....

Comment

• Or maybe this one...........

Click image for larger version

Name:	Army hughes 500.jpeg
Views:	276
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	308262

Comment

• Both look good...hard to decide. Looking forward to watching your progress if you decide to go that route.

Comment

• Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
                                Both look good...hard to decide. Looking forward to watching your progress if you decide to go that route.
                                Oh its going to happen, decals are coming off today and I started working on an idea how to shorten the skids, can't shorten them to much because these big 800 size require at least 135mm tail blades, so I can't lower it to much.

Comment

• You need to go with the Yosemite Sam. Back to your old sky boss days.

Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                                    You need to go with the Yosemite Sam. Back to your old sky boss days.

Gravy
                                    I also vote for Sam, I’ve seen that bird at Oshkosh for the last few years, and it’s a fantastic restoration. If I dig through my archive I may be able to dig up some reference photos if needed.

Comment

• Thanks guys, I truly enjoyed flying my giant scale F4U Corsair back in my warbird days and it was done up in the Skyboss scheme, so with Gravy bringing back those memories, I will go with that for now, I'm not a big time close to scale as possible guy anyway but with Gravy doing my painting for me as he volunteered lol, and a few decals, I think it will look much better than the white Navy scheme, so here it is now getting it ready, first chop of the skids already but need to go lower, getting it right is not going to be easy and still clear the tail blades.

Comment

• The 2nd chop of the rear struts, 3 -1/2 inches off so far.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210411_201133.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	308324 ......

Comment

• Lower. Lower. Lol

looks good so far.

Gravy

Comment

Working...
                                          X