X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roban B212 Civilian heli 600 size

​ Recently purchased a Roban B212 600 size heli from Motion RC website. Really looking forward to building this kit. Shipping was pretty quick and in about 4 days I had the heli at my door. Packaging was really nice and no damages to the heli or any contents. For electronics I have planned 6s power. Probably a CNHL 65c 5000mah 6S battery. Motor is a Scorpion 4025-1100KV. ​ ESC is going to be Hobbywing Platinum Pro 120 ESC. Servos are 3x KST BLS 815 V.2 on the Cyclic and a KST BLS 805X for tail servo. RX/FBL controller is a Spirit RS linked to my Jeti DS-12 Carbon TX.

Some more pictures Click image for larger version

Name:	1D1AE247-16CD-4067-BE69-7E0B7679B20F.jpeg
Views:	537
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	321365Click image for larger version

Name:	722BDE61-483A-4943-80DA-09185C8EB58F.jpeg
Views:	518
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	321367
    Attached Files

Comment

For the donor mechanics for the 600 size B212, I chose to try the Phoenixtech 600 ESP which is a clone of the Align 600 ESP. There are a few differences I will explain later on as the assembly goes on which will help anyone who is planning to use the Phoenixtech mechanics for their 600 size roban fuse.

Comment

Looking forward to your build. Keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
          Looking forward to your build. Keep us posted!
          Thanks! Certainly will keep you guys in the loop. Looking forward to it!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9B1B4AF8-0352-4F05-8D59-86900ED22036.jpeg
Views:	625
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	321660Click image for larger version

Name:	01832178-E71F-4E3E-9CF1-633F35B1381A.jpeg
Views:	629
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	321659Click image for larger version

Name:	D6EBA4E7-F62A-4320-A31B-B3AB7B40B13A.jpeg
Views:	658
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	321658 Here are a few pictures of the Phoenixtech 600 esp clone mechanics. Something to note, the Phoenixtech comes with plastic umbrella gears in the tail rotor gear box as well as the torque tube gears box. The Roban B212 kit includes all new metal umbrella gears as well as a stack of shims so you can adjust the gear mesh appropriately. The gears seem of very nice quality. The main rotor head and components seem to be of nice quality and machining. Many of the parts in the kit are preassembled, however you need to go through everything and disassemble and add lubricant or thread locker as needed.

Comment

Looking good, and your spacers??

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                Looking good, and your spacers??
                Ah yes! The spacers! So I put in a help ticket with motion RC and the next morning Ed the helicopter man called me. He told me he would send out two of the Phoenixtech frame spacers and the missing two 3.5mm bearing block spacers I was missing from the roban fuse kit. So what Ed actually told me because I told him I would need 18 of the spacers for the 9 frame spacers, he said he builds them all the time and I only need 2 frame spacers for the mechanics. He said with all of the bearing blocks and what not that’s more than enough support for the frame. Any thoughts on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Gmack908 View Post

Ah yes! The spacers! So I put in a help ticket with motion RC and the next morning Ed the helicopter man called me. He told me he would send out two of the Phoenixtech frame spacers and the missing two 3.5mm bearing block spacers I was missing from the roban fuse kit. So what Ed actually told me because I told him I would need 18 of the spacers for the 9 frame spacers, he said he builds them all the time and I only need 2 frame spacers for the mechanics. He said with all of the bearing blocks and what not that’s more than enough support for the frame. Any thoughts on that?
                  Hmm, strange that you don't get all of them, he is probably right though, mine was built like a tank and I did think about that, why do I need all these frame spacers, well don't know what to tell you on that one, get them and find out I guess when you build it.

Comment

Hmm, strange that you don't get all of them, he is probably right though, mine was built like a tank and I did think about that, why do I need all these frame spacers, well don't know what to tell you on that one, get them and find out I guess when you build it.
                    He did highly recommend the optional 3rd bearing block for the main mast. He actually picked one up for me from Rc aerodyne and has it shipped to me. Ed has really impressed me with his help.

Comment

Here’s a question. I have looked but can’t seem to find them. Where can I purchase more of the bevel gear shims for this 600 size roban? Any ideas? I shimmed the tail gear mesh nice but only have one spacer/shim left for the tail shaft bearing block gear mesh. And I can tell it’s probably going to need a few more. Thanks!

Comment

Here’s a question. I have looked but can’t seem to find them. Where can I purchase more of the bevel gear shims for this 600 size roban? Any ideas? I shimmed the tail gear mesh nice but only have one spacer/shim left for the tail shaft bearing block gear mesh. And I can tell it’s probably going to need a few more. Thanks!
                        Good question, I'm not sure where we are going to get those shims other than Scaleflying.de in Germany, wonder if the 600/700 use the same shims, that I don't know. You don't want the gears to tight, little backlash is better really, the gears will wear quickly if too tight, but too loose and they will strip the tips off the teeth.

Comment

Good question, I'm not sure where we are going to get those shims other than Scaleflying.de in Germany, wonder if the 600/700 use the same shims, that I don't know. You don't want the gears to tight, little backlash is better really, the gears will wear quickly if too tight, but too loose and they will strip the tips off the teeth.
                          Good to know I will check it out. I set the tail up nice Click image for larger version

Name:	A183F54A-EE95-4683-8E28-F6E23BA18B54.jpeg
Views:	498
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	321741

Comment

Good to know I will check it out. I set the tail up nice Click image for larger version

Name:	A183F54A-EE95-4683-8E28-F6E23BA18B54.jpeg
Views:	498
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	321741
                            Looks good, that's how I do mine, the outside edges lined up evenly, seems to work for me, out of my 4 Roban helis, I haven't stripped any yet, of course I do lube them every couple of flights so maybe that helps, do not let them run dry of grease, I use VRP Honey grease from Amain hobbies and it works great, very sticky and when it slings off it don't go far and make a big mess, kind of expensive for that little container and its out of stock at most places.

Comment

Call Ed at MRC to confirm, but I think the 700/800 shims are the same size. You can order a 700/800 screw set from MRC for about $19 that will have the shims included.

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
                                Call Ed at MRC to confirm, but I think the 700/800 shims are the same size. You can order a 700/800 screw set from MRC for about $19 that will have the shims included.
                                Great info! Thank you for letting me know. I will give him a call

Comment

Looks good, that's how I do mine, the outside edges lined up evenly, seems to work for me, out of my 4 Roban helis, I haven't stripped any yet, of course I do lube them every couple of flights so maybe that helps, do not let them run dry of grease, I use VRP Honey grease from Amain hobbies and it works great, very sticky and when it slings off it don't go far and make a big mess, kind of expensive for that little container and its out of stock at most places.
                                  Good to know! I have a red n’ tacky tube a a tube of white lithium grease in the shop. Not sure how far either one would sling but now you have me wondering. Lol.

Comment

Please look at the front tail bearing blocks where I have mounted all the spacers, that is in case you have a problem. This is a UH600 frame but your Bell 212 had the same front gear box setup. Follow my photo.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Your fuselage hardware came with a bag full of shims.

Comment

Metal Gears for UH1N, UH60 & Tiger Fuselages (600 size)

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X