Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the issue is he used all the furnished shims and needs more. I ran in to that problem with my UH-60 600 conversion as well, but “freed up” a couple shims by lowering the vertical drop down shaft bevel gear a little which improved the mesh with fewer shims.

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
      I think the issue is he used all the furnished shims and needs more. I ran in to that problem with my UH-60 600 conversion as well, but “freed up” a couple shims by lowering the vertical drop down shaft bevel gear a little which improved the mesh with fewer shims.
      Yeah, he needs the thin washers for the bevel gears to shim them properly, good idea Pawpaw lowering the gear, I had no issues with the one I built and flew, but then again the tolerences are not the same on every one.

Comment

Originally posted by eawings View Post
        Metal Gears for UH1N, UH60 & Tiger Fuselages (600 size)
        Thanks for the pictures! I was actually able to get them to send me two additional rectangle spacers for the tail bearing blocks. I did see the box of shims however it took me all of them except for the last one to shim just the tail gear. Which leaves me with one left and the gears in main frame for the tail drive will need more than just one to get it right. I see that you have 4 of the 3.5mm round spacers. Your kit came with all of those? Mine only came with 2.

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
          I will certainly look into that. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Look what came in today! Thanks for being responsive Ed from Motion RC! Click image for larger version

Name:	0476BA6F-A0F9-4555-812E-B76F5D757146.jpeg
Views:	372
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	321926

Comment

Sweet, now they need to add all that to the extra parts page so we can purchase those separate and they need to update the web page explaining better as to what you need if you purchase the Phoenixtech 600 that they recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                Sweet, now they need to add all that to the extra parts page so we can purchase those separate and they need to update the web page explaining better as to what you need if you purchase the Phoenixtech 600 that they recommend.
                I agree! Once I’m finished building this model I will try and set up a YouTube video showing required parts and more details. Will just make it easier for other people interested in the future. I’m looking at the Roban 700 size Coast Guard HH-60 Jayhawk for my next build.

Comment

Just returned from vacation and have some parts that I ordered to continue build come in. Today I have mounted the landing skid on the fuse. Also received the optional 3rd main mast bearing block. I ordered this part through RCAerodyne and shipping was quick and was at my door in 3 days! I am using the Phoenixtech 600 ESP mechanics so I ordered a few more spacers I needed for the frame. 3.5mm on each side of a roban part such as tail gear bearing blocks to make up the 7mm larger width the Phoenixtech mechanics are. The wider frame which is 54mm as opposed to 47mm stock Align 600 ESP is nice because it gives you more options for newer wider motors such as the Scorpion 4025-1100kv I went with. Today I also received a scale cockpit I ordered through motion Rc. Shipping was quick as usual and amazed at quality of this roban cockpit.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E4CC55FF-11F1-44BB-9A9A-9560BE15F1FE.jpeg
Views:	320
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	322614Click image for larger version

Name:	4976B836-1031-45F7-8048-FAA345E7DBD1.jpeg
Views:	323
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	322613Click image for larger version

Name:	D0D6AC8F-3C64-4F32-99EF-2773310B438D.jpeg
Views:	325
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	322612

Comment

Name:	E3EAAE2B-85EA-4C4F-A38A-4EE6FBC578CE.jpeg
Views:	322
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	322617Click image for larger version

Name:	4EC77FDF-8045-4188-97B2-D8F196E13BE7.jpeg
Views:	323
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	322616

Comment

Name:	5E96E7D2-6A0E-4E68-99A5-5B92C91B93A0.jpeg
Views:	349
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	322665Click image for larger version

Name:	52A7B8CA-C33C-44EE-9340-3063FC8EE51C.jpeg
Views:	338
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	322664Click image for larger version

Name:	00177ECA-8B70-4708-963C-2416DCE40BE6.jpeg
Views:	337
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	322663 Installed 3rd bearing block, fitted torque tube bearing and shaft into main torque tube. Installed into frame and fastened second half of frame together.

Comment

Name:	3E4521EB-3A8D-4DCC-AF09-5DDB62E3D41B.jpeg
Views:	321
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	323137Click image for larger version

Name:	B3AE8E13-33D6-41D0-B4F5-44D2AD89096F.jpeg
Views:	331
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	323136 Drilled and epoxied the blind nuts in the fuse to connect the tail portion of the fuse. Using the 54mm wider Phoenixtech frame I noticed that that way the show you in the Roban directions to attach the boom support with the same screw holding the rear frame mount, it does not allow you room to fasten down the screw to attach mechanics to fuse via the blind nut. I drilled two new holes aft of the mechanics to fuse rear mount and added a new frame spacer between.

Comment

Great idea, and looking good, I always reposition them boom supports to another spot, they always seem to be in my way for some reason. I have been looking at those mechanics, thinking about ordering a set to have and maybe get that red Swiss Medic EC 145 now that I'm following your build.

Comment

Great idea, and looking good, I always reposition them boom supports to another spot, they always seem to be in my way for some reason. I have been looking at those mechanics, thinking about ordering a set to have and maybe get that red Swiss Medic EC 145 now that I'm following your build.
                              Thanks man! I just checked that Roban 600 size EC145 out online and it looks nice! Definetly a sharp looking heli. So far I can say the overall quality of the phoenixtech Mechanics is great. Everything on their end was included in the kit. Only thing I can say negative so far and it was my fault, is that one of the plastic radius arms I was installing while tightening the screw that holds it I was holding the radius arm with my other hand. I kind of twisted it slightly and it snapped in half where it hinges. I ordered new align ones and had them 3 days later.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmack908 View Post

Thanks man! I just checked that Roban 600 size EC145 out online and it looks nice! Definetly a sharp looking heli. So far I can say the overall quality of the phoenixtech Mechanics is great. Everything on their end was included in the kit. Only thing I can say negative so far and it was my fault, is that one of the plastic radius arms I was installing while tightening the screw that holds it I was holding the radius arm with my other hand. I kind of twisted it slightly and it snapped in half where it hinges. I ordered new align ones and had them 3 days later.
                                Oh, so those arms are plastic, thought they used to metal of some sort, maybe not.

Comment

What plastic radius arms? This is what you need Metal elevator arms
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eawings View Post
                                    What plastic radius arms? This is what you need Metal elevator arms
                                    These ones. Click image for larger version

Name:	CBBF2AEB-E4BE-4E02-99E0-3B399151DD80.jpeg
Views:	296
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	323267

Comment

Oh, so those arms are plastic, thought they used to metal of some sort, maybe not.
                                      I’m going to look into seeing if they make metal ones! These are what I have Click image for larger version

Name:	1F8942EA-DC66-4E96-9D50-1832BC53B8F4.jpeg
Views:	284
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	323269

Comment

So much to catch up on soon about the build! I will go into lengthy detail but I will say that I am into the mechanics testing phase now so I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Click image for larger version

Name:	C0781EC2-16DA-4534-BCA0-648D06DCC587.jpeg
Views:	300
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	324126

Comment

Your getting closer to the maiden flight....

Comment

Working...
                                          X