Click image for larger version

Name:	51CE7276-7FDD-4AAD-A507-E83AD43CBBC1.png
Views:	326
Size:	593.2 KB
ID:	327825 A dusk flight in the fall
    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Looks good! If the tail drive shaft is still free floating, w/o a upper bushing you're only one tiny slip away from breaking the tail drive shaft again. I'm machining my own bushing. Got the bearing bronze in today. SCREW MOTIONRC!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gmack908 View Post
          Here’s a video of my B212 in flight. https://youtu.be/MsOSAVZFc5U
          Sweet, sounds great, nice scale flying too. Now get that green 800 size Huey to build and join the big boys......

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Sweet, sounds great, nice scale flying too. Now get that green 800 size Huey to build...
            Thanks man! Will let you know when I receive it! 🍻

Comment

What makes the metal tail gears better than the much to heavy pvc gears delivered in the kit ? , the pvc gears are made for heavy duty 3D flying and must be strong enough to last on a lower rpm scale helicopter ,and it makes the tail so heavy.
              I also like to know if anyone have used 700 blades on this model and if it wil flying as nice as I hope, I wil try asymmetrical Spinblades on it .
              also I wil move the tail to the mechanics frame to reduce weight of the tail and wil use ball bearing levers on it, see pictures

Comment

The pictures of my 212 building
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Helikapoter View Post
                  What makes the metal tail gears better than the much to heavy pvc gears delivered in the kit ? , the pvc gears are made for heavy duty 3D flying and must be strong enough to last on a lower rpm scale helicopter ,and it makes the tail so heavy.
                  I also like to know if anyone have used 700 blades on this model and if it wil flying as nice as I hope, I wil try asymmetrical Spinblades on it .
                  also I wil move the tail to the mechanics frame to reduce weight of the tail and wil use ball bearing levers on it, see pictures
                  I used the stock plastic gears on my tail. As you said, they are designed for 3D flying, so they are more than adequate for our purposes. I like your idea of bring the tail servo forward. I would closely monitor the tail gear arrangement in your 2nd picture, where you used a stock metal gear meshing with an Align plastic gear for the torque tube drive. I'm worried that the metal gear will wear through the plastic gear at an accelerated rate. It might be ok, but check on it when you are test flying the mechanics and please report your findings. If it does work well, it might help extend the life of the Roban metal gears and eliminate the need for lubrication at these points.

Comment

I made again some modifications ( see pics) , tailservo in frame an added new linkage . I want to use 700 blades on it and the flasher blade grips are with 12mm to small , i wil now use a
                    Mikado head with the 14mm blade grips , Also i ordered a Spirit GTR Fbl system + Geo link for this 212
                    The cockpit as deliverd was made for a military 212 version , i made some modifications to let it look more like the original Era version ( semi-scale) and also painted the whole interir in the Bell gray paint. To be continued . . . 😀

Comment

Finaly i made the first flight with the test bed and added some lights with the Scaleflying light set .
                      I found the windows a little "blurry" and i discoverd that there was on all windows a protection foil ! ( never read about it) so i removed the windows and must glue them again and also the interior
                      Also made a nose section inside , looks nice from outside ( see pics)

And the first test flight in my backyard with the modified mechanics >.https://youtu.be/-qHvv6QN4Uo

Comment

Finaly i made the first flight with the test bed and added some lights with the Scaleflying light set .
                        I found the windows a little "blurry" and i discoverd that there was on all windows a protection foil ! ( never read about it) so i removed the windows and must glue them again and also the interior
                        Also made a nose section inside , looks nice from outside ( see pics)

And the first test flight in my backyard with the modified mechanics >.https://youtu.be/-qHvv6QN4Uo
                        I did the same thing when I built my first Roban Hughes 500, I thought how junky it was to have such foggy windows, I was very disappointed with the kit when I went to glue them in, then I found out they had a protective film on them, looked much nicer after I removed the film.....

Comment

The best glue to use for your windshield and windows is the E6000 you can buy from Home Depot. No smear no drips. Clean install.

Comment

succesfull first flight
                            Attached Files

Comment

succesfull first flight
                              Looks great, nice job.

Comment

Working...
                              X