X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
    Astronome Is there a certain RPM range where the vibrations begin, or end?
    Hey Alpha! Long time no see!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
      Astronome Is there a certain RPM range where the vibrations begin, or end?
      Hi Alpha,

Vibrations start gradually from 1000rpm

Comment

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
        I know in there older mechanics sets, the main shaft bearings were suspect as well, but that probably seems to have been mostly corrected. Perhaps just a bent main shaft?
        Hi sfc,

Maybe, but I have the latest version of mechanics HSM800 (with the helicoid gears)

Comment

Originally posted by Astronome View Post

Hi sfc,

Maybe, but I have the latest version of mechanics HSM800 (with the helicoid gears)
          Personally, I’d try a set of tests slowly removing components from the mechanics. First try removing the blades and running it up. If it’s still present, you can eliminate the blades as a possibility. Next, remove the head and run it up. If vibrations are still present, you can eliminate the heads as a cause. That should help narrow down the options.

Beautiful Vario choppers by the way, that’s some excellent craftsmanship!

Comment

Just thinking out loud…..are you sure your motor pole count is entered correctly in the ESC/FBL governor?

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Personally, I’d try a set of tests slowly removing components from the mechanics. First try removing the blades and running it up. If it’s still present, you can eliminate the blades as a possibility. Next, remove the head and run it up. If vibrations are still present, you can eliminate the heads as a cause. That should help narrow down the options.

Beautiful Vario choppers by the way, that’s some excellent craftsmanship!
              Hello F106DeltaDart
              That's exactly what I did.
              Balanced blades
              Verified Center of Gravity: Vibrations still present blades removed.
              Head removed: ditto

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
                Just thinking out loud…..are you sure your motor pole count is entered correctly in the ESC/FBL governor?
                Yes PawPAw

The Jeti Box allows you to read the parameters in clear:
                - Rotor/motor ratio 1:13.8
                - Rotor rpm mini/max: 1160/1240rpm
                - Number of poles: 10 for the Hacker engine

Comment

If it’s a 10 pole motor, did you enter 5? It’s poles / 2 = factor.

Comment

Also, is you drive belt too tight or loose? YouTube has a good video on proper adjustment of the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
                      If it’s a 10 pole motor, did you enter 5? It’s poles / 2 = factor.
                      PawPaw,
                      No in the Jeti ESC, it is the number of real poles that must be indicated, I ask JETI for validation.
                      I also checked with a tachymeter.
                      I'll give you a picture tomorrow (it is 9:30 pm in France)

Comment

Ok, I have no experience with Jeti…only Castle Creations, Hobbywing, and now Scorpion Tribunus which all require poles/2. I do know that setting up the wrong number in that category will induce heavy vibrations as I have experienced on one occasion.

Comment

Hi PawPaw,

Here some JetiBox screen:

Number of pole
                          Cliquez sur l'image pour la voir en taille réelle   Nom : 		IMG_5771_01.JPG  Affichages :	0  Taille :		143,2 Ko  ID : 			341766

Rotor gear
                          Cliquez sur l'image pour la voir en taille réelle   Nom : 		IMG_5772_01.JPG  Affichages :	0  Taille :		141,0 Ko  ID : 			341767

RPM max
                          Cliquez sur l'image pour la voir en taille réelle   Nom : 		IMG_5774_01.JPG  Affichages :	0  Taille :		141,0 Ko  ID : 			341768

RPM min
                          Cliquez sur l'image pour la voir en taille réelle   Nom : 		IMG_5775_01.JPG  Affichages :	0  Taille :		143,9 Ko  ID : 			341769

Current data motor running without blades

Battery voltage
                          R: motor power
                          Temperature ECS in C°
                          Current
                          RPM

Cliquez sur l'image pour la voir en taille réelle   Nom : 		IMG_5777_01.JPG  Affichages :	0  Taille :		141,9 Ko  ID : 			341770

Bests flights

Daniel

Comment

Ok. What motor are you using? Also, what are your PWM and timing settings?

Comment

Hi PawPaw,

My motor is an Hacker A50-12L
                              My ESC: Jeti Mezon 130 lite
                              PWM: 8khz
                              Timing 17°

Comment

The Hacker A50-12L V4 shows to be a 14 pole motor. Is yours an older version? Also lists timing at 20-25.

Comment

I see 2 different specs for the same A50-12L V4. One shows 10 and the other shows 14. I suspect yours is 14 poles and the source of the vibration. Click image for larger version

Name:	CF5D3C87-20A7-4865-AC5D-753047BD2FC3.png
Views:	254
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	341811

Comment

I have this model Turnado V4
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Kacker.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	341818

Comment

I see that. I also see 14 poles listed for another A50-12L V4. My suggestion would be to count the poles in your motor to be certain, due to the very strong possibility your vibration issue is due to an incorrect ESC pole number entry. I got that number wrong on a 600 heli build several years ago and the vibrations were dramatic.

Comment

Hi PawPaw,

Effectively, my motor is the "TURNADO serie" A50-12L V4 look HERE but not a "Standard" A50-12L V4 here which is a 14 poles for 6/8S battery.
                                        Thanks for clarifying that.

Daniel

Comment

On my 212 600, with the same tail drive (slightly smaller)
                                          The drive shafts to the tail rotor I have both aligned in a lathe and both were not perfectly straight
                                          I also placed a ball bearing on the short shaft and 2 bearings on the long shaft. I also secured the bearings of the 45 degree teeth on the gears, tail had no vibrations on 1st flight. See video made in my backyard , tail doesnt shake at all

Comment

Working...
                                          X