X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
    I would agree. I think if you're into modeling, you need to visit air museums as much as you can. Those prized museum pieces of previously working aircraft usually show how dirty, dingy, worked on, those older planes looked in real-life. And the paint usually looks like a human with minimal interest is painting performed the work. Even the newer fighter jets don't have a showroom look to them. Unless of course they are part of a demonstration team, where everything gets buffed and polished, even the wheel chocks.

Thanks for the tips Paul! I've avoided my silver planes, just not really knowing how to approach weathering or painting on them. This opens the door!
    Go for it San, if you make a mistake or put too much on just use soft eraser or isopropyl rubbing alcohol to correct. The graphite also polishes up the more you rub it and blends in to the silver . You can also build up the darkness, you just need a gentle touch . As Mies van der Rohe said, less is more .

Comment

• Comment

• This jet is so OP...

Comment

• Comment

• This jet is the flying equivalent to Sauron's Ring of Power, lol.

Comment

• And here my latest mod, Freewings JAS-39 Gripen, or my version of it, in her new swedish camo scheme...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230805_064836_k1000.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	383422Click image for larger version

Name:	20230805_064842_k1000.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	383423Click image for larger version

Name:	20230805_065247_k1000.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	383424Click image for larger version

Name:	20230805_065413_k1000.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	383425

Comment

• Nice job!

Comment

• WarbirdFan66, Beautiful work, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post
                    And here my latest mod, Freewings JAS-39 Gripen, or my version of it, in her new swedish camo scheme...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230805_064836_k1000.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	383422Click image for larger version

Name:	20230805_064842_k1000.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	383423Click image for larger version

Name:	20230805_065247_k1000.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	383424Click image for larger version

Name:	20230805_065413_k1000.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	383425
                    That's exception work WarbirdFan66!!!! Your cockpit and pilot work is fantabulous! Not a huge fan of the stock Gripen livery, but this one knocks it outta the park!
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Thanks for all the nice comments guys, glad you like my little Gripen mod...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post
                        Thanks for all the nice comments guys, glad you like my little Gripen mod...
                        The colour scheme makes it look like a different plane and really suits the Gripen

Comment

• How to properly butcher a landing... and then save it!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Opening of the National Model Aviation Day! And on this years event 3 clubs got together and flew as one. The Alamogordo R/C club, my club the El Paso radio controllers, and our host, the Mesilla Valley Model Aircraft Club in Las Cruces NM. Also this year even RedBeard came down from Albuquerque to plant the flag from his club in the great north. I Think you may like these 2 for the live show. Both are flown by my friend RedBeard.

Comment

• Comment

• Love that inverted high alpha. Great video as always!

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                                      Love that inverted high alpha. Great video as always!
                                      Thanks James!
                                      The Raptor just makes it too easy... so I abuse it, hahaha!

New video, BTW:
                                      These flights may not be as crazy as usual but was flying at an event and the field is a bit tricky to fly at (lots of turbulence, runway constrained with obstacles at the headers) but it's still always cool to fly musical shows in front of people... :D

Comment

• Looked pretty darn good to me! Nice to see a new location occasionally

Comment

• Thanks!
                                          (Plus, can't complain about a nice, paved runway! hahaha... )

Comment

Working...
                                          X