• Show
Clear All

• Thank you James.

Corsair_Smitty
    AKA CorsairPilot17

Comment

• Originally posted by CorsairPilot17 View Post
      James,

Wanted to add my "Papa Dotted Bubble Top Flightline Corsair".

This video is a walk around of my FlightLine 1600mm F4U-1D Corsair. I had just finished the "Papa Dotting" of the plane. Dotting Rivets.

Corsair_Smitty
      AKA. Richard Smith
      If patience is a virtue then looking at the link you are truly virtuous

Comment

• Ok, now this is something...

Comment

• A few photos from this evening doing some night flying with the Roban 800 Bell 222.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
            Ok, now this is something...

You certainly "produce" some of the best (if not the top) RC videos I have the pleasure to watch. And BTW, you're flying skills ain't too shabby either.

Been meaning to tell you for some time that your country is definitely one of my favorite places to visit. My wife's family is from Northern Spain (the Bosco ?? area if I remember correctly if that even is an area) and I got to spend 3 months (including Christmas and New Years) traveling all over Spain 6 years ago on our honeymoon. I've been lucky enough to travel most places in the world but Spain has to be in my top 3. Her 21 year old niece spent the last 2 years teaching in Madrid and just got back, but we all need to get back there ASAP (my wife even dreams of moving and retiring there-one of her more lucid ideas). Must be nice living and playing in a region of the world so great! I think your video's exude the essence of where you live. And to this day I still thirst for the Valencia Orange Juice I got to drink drums full while there-man, Florida OJ now tastes like gutter wash after Spain's OJ.
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• don't get all mushy on us Hugh lol we rall all earthlings ( mr spock i think ) yes great vids

Comment

• Sorry I wasn't able to join you live James, our clocks are all upside down here. Thanks for the shout out though, enjoyed watching the show over a (iced) coffee this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                  Ok, now this is something...

That might be the greatest "something" of 2021. What an excellent way to kick off the year.

Comment

• Gotta set the bar up high to motivate everyone to bring their best!

Happy and honoured that people is liking it so far!
                    It makes it even better the fact that it is a team effort, just wish we could get to fly together more often... sadly life gets in the way!

Maybe soon a Gripen/MiG/Hornet version?
                    :p

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                      You certainly "produce" some of the best (if not the top) RC videos I have the pleasure to watch. And BTW, you're flying skills ain't too shabby either.
                      Thank you Hugh, I'm humbled by your words.
                      Although this time I didn't produce the video, my quad buddy did (Notice the video shared is to his youtube channel!), this is his edit (most ground video shots were taken by my dad though). He's not on Squawk so I shared it for him!
                      I made my own edits (extended versions) of these flights some time ago. ;)

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                      Must be nice living and playing in a region of the world so great!
                      Not everything is bright and shiny around here but I really don't see myself living anywhere else, so there is that. :p

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                      And to this day I still thirst for the Valencia Orange Juice I got to drink drums full while there-man, Florida OJ now tastes like gutter wash after Spain's OJ.
                      My mother (rest in peace) was from Valencia!
                      And indeed the orange juice is great! ;)

Comment

• Here are some pics of my FW F/A-18 with some nav and formation lights :) not totally scale but all proudly homemade

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingFighter View Post
                          Here are some pics of my FW F/A-18 with some nav and formation lights :) not totally scale but all proudly homemade
                          Nice work, now for a night flight, no? One small suggestion, and I'm definitely no "model master" like most of the guys here, so I'm the last who should be making any "cosmetic suggestions". Get yourself some Foam-Tac Foam-Finish and fill in and sand down the channels where the LED light wires run, then repaint over them and it will look perfect. Of course I have to use buckets full of the stuff just to repair "pilot mishap" occurrences instead of on outstanding modifications like the ones you did!
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Nice work, now for a night flight, no? One small suggestion, and I'm definitely no "model master" like most of the guys here, so I'm the last who should be making any "cosmetic suggestions". Get yourself some Foam-Tac Foam-Finish and fill in and sand down the channels where the LED light wires run, then repaint over them and it will look perfect. Of course I have to use buckets full of the stuff just to repair "pilot mishap" occurrences instead of on outstanding modifications like the ones you did!
                            I don't do night flight, I'm afraid I haven't enough skills to do so ^^
                            I'll take in consideration your advice and will look at this product! Didn't know about it, is it like a putty or something like that? I tried to hide wire in panel lines the most I can but yeah some are terribly visible I need to hide them more! :)
                            I agree the render looks outstanding but trust me it was simple modification only some led heat shrinking tube and wire to solder on rx plug :)

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingFighter View Post

I don't do night flight, I'm afraid I haven't enough skills to do so ^^
                              I'll take in consideration your advice and will look at this product! Didn't know about it, is it like a putty or something like that? I tried to hide wire in panel lines the most I can but yeah some are terribly visible I need to hide them more! :)
                              I agree the render looks outstanding but trust me it was simple modification only some led heat shrinking tube and wire to solder on rx plug :)
                              Yes it's like a putty you can fill in with, use something like a credit card to flatten out and even add some panel lines if you need to. I've also used various fillers from Home Depot but I think the Foam Tac Finish stuff is perfect for this type foam. You won't be disappointed.
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Some of today’s action.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Yes it's like a putty you can fill in with, use something like a credit card to flatten out and even add some panel lines if you need to. I've also used various fillers from Home Depot but I think the Foam Tac Finish stuff is perfect for this type foam. You won't be disappointed.
                                  Thank you! I'll look at it as soon as I get home! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spencer Keith View Post
                                    Some of today’s action.
                                    Thats a big back garden you have there Spencer

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0760.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	293910Click image for larger version

Views:	334
ID:	293911 My Yak:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwind3zero View Post
                                        Click image for larger version

Views:	358
ID:	293910Click image for larger version

Views:	334
ID:	293911 My Yak:
                                        Very nice with the weathering! How does she fly?
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• That YAK-130 must have gone through some serious battle, lol

Comment

Working...
                                          X