Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share Your Pics and Videos for the Live Show

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everybody !
    I’m so happy with my MiG-29 Freewing with Afterburners from Frank Born, I flew with many different LiPo and what a beast, so beautiful in the air but so gentle and easy to fly, I’m loving it 🥰
    here is my maiden flight on my YouTube channel, if you want to share it on Friday live show it will be an honor 🤓 have a great week fellas 😘

Comment

Here's something different... ;)

Click image for larger version  Name:	KULBIT4.png Views:	0 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	285373

This is a Kulbit maneuver, properly executed with the Freewing Su-35. It is a scale maneuver; yes the fullscale 30T thing does that too.

Videos don't always make it full justice and many often don't really understand what they are seeing.
      It is NOT a very tight loop.
      It is the jet turning on its own pitch axis while it keeps traveling forward, which essentially means that for a brief moment the plane is actually flying backwards.

To make this, I took still frames from a video that I will be publishing soon on my secondary channel (www.youtube.com/RC4ever) and stitched them together with Paint, matching the clouds in the background so that we can actually observe the real trajectory of the aircraft. It is not 'cheated', so to speak, although I smoothed the transitions for a more aesthetic-looking image.

Hope you enjoy the stuff and actually try to replicate this with your own thrust vectoring aircraft! ;)

Comment

Maidens done on the F-4 and F-16. Flew both several times and really like both of them and wish I’d got them sooner. Had to get some more flights on the Tomcat.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Elbee
          Elbee commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful Models, Spencer. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB

Originally posted by Spencer Keith View Post
        Maidens done on the F-4 and F-16. Flew both several times and really like both of them and wish I’d got them sooner. Had to get some more flights on the Tomcat.
        Excellent Spencer, welcome to the F-4 and F-16 club, both sweet flying birds. Envious of your F-14. BTW, what fan do you have in the F-16. Just curious, as I put the 12 blade 4068-1835 KV inrunner in mine a year ago and I love it. Image you got the upgraded 9 blade 1900Kv inrunner in yours at wonder how well does it take off on your grass field (most of my flights are on grass as well)?
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Excellent Spencer, welcome to the F-4 and F-16 club, both sweet flying birds. Envious of your F-14. BTW, what fan do you have in the F-16. Just curious, as I put the 12 blade 4068-1835 KV inrunner in mine a year ago and I love it. Image you got the upgraded 9 blade 1900Kv inrunner in yours at wonder how well does it take off on your grass field (most of my flights are on grass as well)?
          The 9 blade and it was fantastic off the grass and I don’t have flaps programmed yet. Don’t really need to.

Comment

The fall is a bit of a sad time of year here in Norway, knowing full well that winter is about to set a stop to our hobby for a few months. But it also delivers some pretty spectacular days, some with bright red and yellow colors, and like here, fog floating over the fields like wisps of smoke. Almost like a Japanese painting.

Probably among the last flights of this year, before the mig goes back in the workshop to TV and other upgrades. This is just slow, graceful floating around in the fog - if you want fast action, look elsewhere :P

Thanks to Johan for filming

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

Had a great evening of flying with Chris Pry flying scale helis together. Had the unique chance to get both the Roban 800 Airwolf and my Medevac Bell 222 up in the air together for a few photos.

Comment

Originally posted by janmb View Post
                ,This is just slow, graceful floating around in the fog - if you want fast action, look elsewhere :P

Thanks to Johan for filming

Works for me, nice and relaxing, and the fog made it look like a pleasant dream. Interesting that the fog seemed to avoid the runway, you must have had a guardian
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Superb Jan.
                  Tom

Comment

The fall is a bit of a sad time of year here in Norway, knowing full well that winter is about to set a stop to our hobby for a few months. But it also delivers some pretty spectacular days, some with bright red and yellow colors, and like here, fog floating over the fields like wisps of smoke. Almost like a Japanese painting. Probably among the last flights of this year, before the mig goes back in the workshop to TV and other upgrades. This is just slow, graceful floating around in the fog - if you want fast action, look elsewhere :P Thanks to Johan for filming
                    JM, Simply beautiful flight, Sir. Johan's filmwork is spectacular as well. Thank you. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Here's a fresh contribution for tomorrow's show! ( :

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                        Works for me, nice and relaxing, and the fog made it look like a pleasant dream. Interesting that the fog seemed to avoid the runway, you must have had a guardian
                        The runway is the highest point in the terrain, so that's probably why :D

Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                        Superb Jan.
                        Tom
                        Thanks Tom :D

Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                        JM, Simply beautiful flight, Sir. Johan's filmwork is spectacular as well. Thank you. Best, LB
                        Thanks! Agreed, Johan is getting pretty kickass with his filming and editing too. Fun to fly in a club with so many good film makers.

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

The runway is the highest point in the terrain, so that's probably why :D
                          The heck with facts and logical explanations, I'd stick with the thought that you have a higher power looking over you.
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Remaiden and a GPS speed meter!

Comment

Way too silent around here... what are you guys up to?
                              Here's something cool! (Gripen with wingtip smoke)

Comment

Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                Way too silent around here... what are you guys up to?
                                Here's something cool! (Gripen with wingtip smoke)

Nice! Yeah, when you take a week off, people forget

Comment

Gotta bug people to keep fueling the machine!

Comment

My Gripen repaint from Scotland

Paul Boyle

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201201_132021.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	288942

Name:	20201201_132033.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	288940

Name:	20201201_132059.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	288941

Attached Files

Comment

coyote137 , Spectacular repaint. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by coyote137 View Post
                                        My Gripen repaint from Scotland

Paul Boyle

Name:	20201201_132021.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	288942

Name:	20201201_132033.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	288940

Name:	20201201_132059.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	288941
                                        Outstanding. How about a few tips on your method for this re-paint. I was thinking of doing something similar on the Mig but not sure how to go about it, some say post-it-notes, but can't image cutting them to your shapes and how do you keep the spray paint from coming under the non-sticky edges. I redid the A-10 in the Arctic scheme, but that was relatively easy using the tamiya trim tape for curves. Your shape edges are perfect and excellently random in shape. I could put a hammock up for you in my garage if you want to visit for a while and help me out?
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                        X