You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENTRY PERIOD CLOSED - 2021 March Mayhem Custom Aircraft Challenge OFFICIAL ENTRY THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mik64 View Post
    My JAS 39 Gripen...]
    M6, Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Sir. Nice work. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Freewing 80mm MiG-29, Luftwaffe Jagdgeschwader 73, painted in Norm 90J scheme as a "zapped" bird (scorpion logo on nose).
      Self-designed decals, printed on water-slide paper. Completely revised own-design cockpit, most parts printed on a resin printer. More own-design 3d printed parts include nozzles, dorsal air scoop, gun and aux inlet vents, new radome with functional pitot tube, nose gear strut covers, IRST sensor and some "flight line equipment" (thanks to Jörg for the wheel-chocks!).
      Additional working LEDs (top and bottom ACLs, white tail light, two additional landing lights). Power system upgraded to 8s, HET 700-68-1865KV motors, German-made LED "afterburners".

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF0019.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.2 KB ID:	302905

Comment

• My Custom Rc March Madness Submissions. I cant decide so you guys decide for me.

good luck to everyone

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	image_69123.jpg Views:	40 Size:	276.7 KB ID:	302922 My Freewing F-86 Sabre finished in brushed aluminium tape and in the markings of the famous John Glenn, The Mig Mad Marine. It also has customized cockpit details and a Korean War era pilot.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20210209_203109.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	302928Click image for larger version

Name:	20180704_215652.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	302926Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2018-05-19-16h48m55s100.png.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	302927 Here's some pictures of it in action.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
              Freewing 80mm MiG-29, Luftwaffe Jagdgeschwader 73, painted in Norm 90J scheme as a "zapped" bird (scorpion logo on nose).
              Self-designed decals, printed on water-slide paper. Completely revised own-design cockpit, most parts printed on a resin printer. More own-design 3d printed parts include nozzles, dorsal air scoop, gun and aux inlet vents, new radome with functional pitot tube, nose gear strut covers, IRST sensor and some "flight line equipment" (thanks to Jörg for the wheel-chocks!).
              Additional working LEDs (top and bottom ACLs, white tail light, two additional landing lights). Power system upgraded to 8s, HET 700-68-1865KV motors, German-made LED "afterburners".

Click image for larger version Name:	DSCF0019.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.2 KB ID:	302905
              Wow just wow Incredible scale detailing !!!!
              https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Big thx to MRC for organizing this custom aircraft competition

Good luck to all the contestants!

Here's my Belgian T-33. This particular aircraft (FT24) served from 1954 till 1980. It is preserved at a historical center on the Beauvechain airbase but I still need to visit it, maybe when the Covid-19 situation has cleared up!
                More info & pictures here:
                This T-Bird from the Belgian Air Force was taken on charge in 1954 and served till 1980, accumulating 1420 flying hours. It is here shown - preserved - at the Beauvechain Historical Center. The colors have faded since I saw her last (about 25 years ago).... FT-24. Lockheed T-33A Shooting Star. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This T-Bird from the Belgian Air Force was taken on charge in 1954 and served till 1980, accumulating 1420 flying hours. It is here shown - preserved - at Brustem, but nowadays resides at Beauvechain Historical Center. Scan from old slide.. FT-24. Lockheed T-33A Shooting Star. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Aircraft photo of FT24 - Lockheed T-33A - Belgium - Air Force, taken by Joop de Groot at Beauvechain (EBBE) in Belgium on 3 June 1998. Ex USAF 52-9892

https://www.planespotters.net/photo/...-shooting-star
                Showcase your photos and videos without any limits for FREE.

Click image for larger version  Name:	belgian-t33-icarus-the-2nd.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	302940
                https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper1 View Post
                  My Freewing F-86 Sabre finished in brushed aluminium tape and in the markings of the famous John Glen,
                  S1, Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Sir. Great looking bird. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• My Mig 21 and my B-24 good luck to all entries!

Comment

• The FW Twin 80mm A-10 redone in the Arctic Thunder Scheme. Mods include:

* Arctic Camo repaint using HD spray Rustoleum (in case it gets wet) and hand painted testors gloss enamel
                      * Graphics by Callie
                      * 3D Printed cockpit courtesy of Dirty Dee Designs
                      * Jet Hangar Hobby 1/10 Scale Full Body Pilot
                      * Trailing Link nose gear for grass ops
                      * Reinforced nose section with carbon fiber tubes
                      * AR637T RX with satellite and hundreds of RF Chokes
                      * 4 Coats of exterior clear gloss Spar Urethane

This is probably my best flying EDF, takes off with ease, flies incredible fully loaded and lands like a "kitty cat". It's big, beautiful and finally for me with this scheme, easy to follow it's orientation. All I need is some snow here in S Florida to make it feel like home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201008_174315.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	302947Click image for larger version

Name:	20200929_173658.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	302948Click image for larger version

Name:	20200906_194111.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	302949

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Couldn't decide between my A-10 and the F-18 Canadian, both done "In the Year of the Corona" , so I'm not playing favorites. It's like asking which of your children do you love best? I Love them Both, so someone else can decide if either are worthy.

FW 90 mm F-18 stock grey base. Mods include:

* Canadian Demonstration Team RCAF CF-18 repaint using HD spray Rustoleum and testors gloss enamel
                        * Graphics by Callie
                        * 4 final coats of exterior clear gloss Spar Urethane
                        * 3D printed cockpit set, instruments from various sources
                        * Jet Hangar Hobby 1/10 scale full body pilot
                        * Twin afterburner courtesy of RC Geek
                        * Upgraded 12 blade 4068-1835 Kv Inrunner (making this the "Beast from the South East)
                        * AR636 RX with satellites and plenty of RF Chokes (seems to be a running theme there)
                        * Modified elevator servos/linkage and mounts

This may look like a "Hangar Queen" but I actually fly it (proof offered in the video). But it is the "Queen" of my Hangar, no doubt!

Name:	20210307_141636.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	302953Click image for larger version

Name:	20210307_141837.jpg
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	302954Click image for larger version

Name:	20200427_173439.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	302955

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper1 View Post

Name:	20210209_203109.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	302928Click image for larger version

Name:	20180704_215652.jpg
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	302926Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2018-05-19-16h48m55s100.png.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	302927 Here's some pictures of it in action.
                          Amazons Action!

Comment

• I meant amazing action.

Comment

• Lots of really great looking airplanes on this thread, good luck y'all!

Aegean Airlines "Leonidion" SX-KAT. Callie for the decals, of course:

Name:	a3-512-01.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	302965Click image for larger version

Name:	a3-512-02.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	302967
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                Couldn't decide between my A-10 and the F-18 Canadian...
                                HW, Yeppers, she's a beauty, Hugh. Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

1. Click image for larger version

Name:	mig21mf6814poznan01.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	302979Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5867 (2).JPG
Views:	566
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	302980 Hello fellow scale friends --------- entering my high performance Mig-21 in Polish Airforce " Fishbed " scheme with graphics by Callie . I have 7 flights on her now and she is a gas to fly !
                                  Best of luck to all contestants .

Thad Z .

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                    Couldn't decide between my A-10 and the F-18 Canadian, both done "In the Year of the Corona" , so I'm not playing favorites. It's like asking which of your children do you love best? I Love them Both, so someone else can decide if either are worthy.

FW 90 mm F-18 stock grey base. Mods include:

* Canadian Demonstration Team RCAF CF-18 repaint using HD spray Rustoleum and testors gloss enamel
                                    * Graphics by Callie
                                    * 4 final coats of exterior clear gloss Spar Urethane
                                    * 3D printed cockpit set, instruments from various sources
                                    * Jet Hangar Hobby 1/10 scale full body pilot
                                    * Twin afterburner courtesy of RC Geek
                                    * Upgraded 12 blade 4068-1835 Kv Inrunner (making this the "Beast from the South East)
                                    * AR636 RX with satellites and plenty of RF Chokes (seems to be a running theme there)
                                    * Modified elevator servos/linkage and mounts

This may look like a "Hangar Queen" but I actually fly it (proof offered in the video). But it is the "Queen" of my Hangar, no doubt!

Name:	20210307_141636.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	302953Click image for larger version

Name:	20210307_141837.jpg
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	302954Click image for larger version

Name:	20200427_173439.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	302955
                                    Where did u get that cockpit???

Comment

• Originally posted by cashmoneybrother View Post

Where did u get that cockpit???
                                      Hey CMB, the design is from the Master of Modifications, Elbee and the stl files are under the "Support" tab on the F-18 base grey (maybe other versions as well), courtesy of Mr. Elbee! There are about 250 parts (seemed like it when I was putting it together) that make up the cockpit design, so who knows if I got half of them where they belong! Some of the instruments and gauges are printed off images from the internet and other gauges I had laying around, then covered with gloss spar urethane to simulate glass. Then of course there's the painting of the knobs with a tooth pick. His design is truly spectacular and making the files available for FREE just shows how generous he is to all of his "students". Took me 3 weeks just to do the cockpit and pilot, but it was time well spent. It did add an extra 160 g of weight to the front end. Overall, with all the "additions", I ended up over a pound heavier than the stock grey bird, but that's why I just put the 12 blade "muscle" inrunner in it (although it still flew well on the original outrunner that came with it). The A-10 cockpit took almost the same amount of time and the "learning" experiment on the F-18 helped! You need to do this if you have the F-18, although generally no one at the field really notices, but you'll know and that's all that really counts.

Name:	20200406_091134.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	302992Click image for larger version

Name:	20200331_220739.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	302993Click image for larger version

Name:	20200407_150921.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	302994
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Just gorgeous Hugh, look stunning to me !!
                                        bravo my friend, bravo !!!!!!

Comment

• Tigercat in the morning sun.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X