Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENTRY PERIOD CLOSED - 2021 March Mayhem Custom Aircraft Challenge OFFICIAL ENTRY THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business end of the Black Horse Gilmore. With a 15" round cowl, the dummy motor is a focal point. Details and dirtying it up a bit makes it believable.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Gilmore Flight_1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.3 KB ID:	301448

Comment

Freewing F-14, VF-84 Modeled after the actual CAG plane and also seen in the movie Final Countdown.
      Specs: twin 80mm 12 blade fans with 3658 1857 inrunners
      Hobbywing 100 amp Esc's
      Raven Rock mod Wing plates and battery tray
      Upgraded aluminum retracts and struts
      RC Geek Fuel tanks
      F-18 main wheels
      F-18 nose strut
      Fiber glassed belly pan with NACA inlets
      Custom decals for helmets and insignia
      Mix of Callie and stock graphics
      Admiral 5000mah batteries achieving 4:30 min flites
      Videos of mods on my You Tube page

Many pictures of all the modifications posted on Facebook Click image for larger version

Name:	Freewing Tomcat 2.1.jpg
Views:	1257
Size:	367.4 KB
ID:	301452

Comment

F-15 E Strike Eagle with new cockpit, Conformal Fuel Tanks, new hardpoints, lots of 3d printed external load, painted in gunship grey, decals from Callie graphics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210227_161159.jpg
Views:	1178
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	301497

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_68697.jpg Views:	4 Size:	84.1 KB ID:	301522 Here is my 1400mm FMS A6M Zero. This one came from Motion awhile ago.....Last summer it was time for a a few upgrades to this model. I added a 4250 580kv motor up from the stock 500kv, really woke this plane up! I also gave it new paint and found the most wild camo I've ever seen on a Zero! This took two days with the airbrush and my eyes going crossed at least 16 times during the process! A 3D printed Japanese pilot was also added replacing the stock one. Really looks amazing in the sky!
          Tidroplane....A.K.A. Dave Hawley

Comment

Tidroplane, Great rework and repaint, Sir. Welcome to "The Squawk". Looking forward to more pictures of your stable. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thanks Elbee!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	N7700C J.W. Bill Fornof.jpg Views:	0 Size:	193.8 KB ID:	301558This aircraft was flown by J. W. "Bill" Fornof. It was flown in air shows from about 1961 until the wing separated in a dive on June 5, 1971.

The Aviation Safety wrote this, "A/s approx. 350 kts. Wingman reported heavy buffeting, neg 7.8g, positive 6.5g. Spar broke at exact CG point (middle) The Bearcat was one of two F8Fs performing a dual air show routine. The plane was recovering from a dive at high speed when one wing failed owing to stress of 7.5_ G not metal fatigue and detached from the airframe. The Bearcat crashed in a wooded area off Quansent Point NAS Road, about 1.5 miles from the Naval Air Station. The pilot and owner of the aircraft, J.W. " Bill " Fornof, was killed in the crash."

The "wingman" whom watched in horror was his son John whom went on to fly stunts for movies such as the James Bond franchise (flying Bede BD-5 through the open hangar, etc.). Bill's F8F was bone stock and purchased new from the Navy/Grumman. It had never seen military service. Bill owned a Cadillac dealership and his aircraft were all painted with Cadillac automotive paint. He was one of the first to spend the extra time and money on a premium finish for his aircraft. He had another Bearcat, a Mustang, and a Texan all painted in these colors.

Good luck pilots!

-Den
                WBRC
                There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

Here is my Freewing F9F Panther squadron.
                  This "aircraft" doesn't have a flashy paint scheme but it definitely IS custom.
                  I can't figure out which picture represents it the best so I'll let the Motion staff pick it.
                  It flys great by the way.

Name:	panther7.jpg
Views:	1191
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	301566Click image for larger version

Name:	vanceandpanther.jpg
Views:	1135
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	301567
                  Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

A-10

Name:	086129E2-D6A5-4879-9099-18CB71EB8C91.jpeg
Views:	1125
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	301591

Comment

Comment

KB, Good-lookin' P-38, Sir. Welcome to Hobby Squawk.. Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Name:	20210227_165802~2.jpg
Views:	1055
Size:	264.3 KB
ID:	301611this is my 90mm f16 repainted and hand rivoted, working heads up display, cockpit lighting and actuating canopy.

Comment

Name:	2021-02-07 PEMAC Sunday morning flyers-6601.jpg
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	301615
                            Here is my AL37 customised in the livery of the NSW Rural Fire Service owned/Coulson Aviation operated Tanker 138 which did a lot of drops in the Black Summer Bushfires of 2019/2020.
                            This is my first ever customisation of an rc plane. Graphics by the one and only Callie Graphics

Comment

James Haha yeah man I thought, what the hell.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	phoenix landing.JPG Views:	0 Size:	100.9 KB ID:	301620Click image for larger version  Name:	tcat10.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	293.9 KB ID:	301621
                                Here is my Tigercat that I customized with a custom paint job and shock absorbing landing gear. I renamed it the Phoenix after extensive repair from a unfortunate crash. Awesome flying plane!

Comment

Here participates my Freewing F/A-18C in a totally handmade digital camo and some Callie decals.
                                  The Sidewinders are made of wood and carbon fiber tubes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0F4B3972-6406-4C9A-A83C-F3AC4FD43774.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	127.1 KB ID:	301626

Comment

Fantastic job on the f-18 !! Love it, BRAVO pilot Polyphren ! Congrats 🍾

Comment

Originally posted by Polyphren View Post
                                      Here participates my Freewing F/A-18C in a totally handmade digital camo and some Callie decals.
                                      The Sidewinders are made of wood and carbon fiber tubes.

Click image for larger version Name:	0F4B3972-6406-4C9A-A83C-F3AC4FD43774.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	127.1 KB ID:	301626
                                      Good God man incredible work sir!
                                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Hi guys
                                        This is my AS350 450 size using Assult 450 mechanics with up rated hobbywing ESC & motor .
                                        Painted in my own scheme .

Comment

Here is my Black Horse Models Dornier Do335 converted to the M14 prototype of the Do335 B-1 Zerstörer. It features 20+ self-designed 3D printed detail parts (including two spinners, exhaust stacks, cannon blisters & troughs), new paint, my own graphics, full cockpit, and new canopy. Motion RC components include Flightline 5055-390 motors, Xwave retracts, Talon 90 ESCs, and Robart Scale Wheels.

Name:	IMG_2593.JPG
Views:	1117
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	301644Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2595.JPG
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	301645

Comment

Working...
                                          X