You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENTRY PERIOD CLOSED - 2021 March Mayhem Custom Aircraft Challenge OFFICIAL ENTRY THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric Gottwald View Post
    Hi folks,
    after having painted the HSD F-16 and the Freewing 90mm F-16 in the Belgian Air Force Solo Display Team livery of the 2012/2013 season, I decided to paint a 70mm version as well. The picture shows her during approach. The lower image shows the manned one 😉.

If I had them all still in my hangar, it would have been a wonderful picture to show them all together but for several reasons I sold the HSD and 90mm one and I don't know whether they are still alive or not.

Foto credits: "Warbirdfan29"

Good luck to all and Greets, Eric "Airic" Gottwald
    Click image for larger version Name:	Freewing F-16 70mm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	302467
    Click image for larger version Name:	DSC00082.JPG Views:	0 Size:	291.4 KB ID:	302470
    Click image for larger version Name:	F-16C Belgian Air Force FB.JPG Views:	0 Size:	99.1 KB ID:	302468
    Image source: Facebook/Belgian Air Force Solo Display Team
    Well done Eric & greetings from Belgium
    https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Dear Icarus the 2nd,
      thank you very much 😀.
      Greetings to Belgium, Eric

Comment

• OV-10 formation flight. FPV from within the Flightline OV-10. Cockpit detailed with 3d printed items. Click image for larger version

Name:	OV-10 Form Flt.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	302479

Comment

• Hi vduniec,
          this is an awesome picture! Congrats, Eric

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6759.JPG
Views:	659
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	302524 My Old Crow. Lightly weathered on the panel lines and walkway. Exhaust and gun smoke also added. I'm pretty happy with it.

Good luck everyone.

Comment

• The F-22 90mm at the airport Click image for larger version

Name:	F-22-4.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	302567

Comment

• Originally posted by uscanuck1xa View Post
                Here is my entry of my 90mm Freewing Base Grey Hornet. It is customized to match the Royal Canadian Air Force CF-18 2018 Demo Jet which was flown by Captain Stefan Porteous. Each year, the RCAF designates one CF-18 Hornet as the primary demonstration aircraft, and paints it up in a special scheme. The designs have ranged from vertical fin designs to brightly colored, full-aircraft designs. The 2018 scheme celebrates 60 years of the North American Aerospace Defense Command. NORAD is a combined, bi-national military command established by an agreement in 1958 between Canada and the United States to monitor and defend North America.

The yellow and black luggage pod is from the 2016 British Commonwealth Air Training Plan (BCATP). The actual pilot saw a couple pics of my plane in a Facebook group and contacted me and told me he wants to see some video of it flying. (no pressure there!!!) He jokingly said that he was actually a bit upset when they stuck on the old luggage pod when he stopped in Cold Lake, Alberta for some repairs instead of getting a matching one.

Graphics are from Callie, who was very good in working with me to get things to fit. Luggage pod is a pylon from the Freewing A10 set and is mounted magnetically. The Blue, White and Red stripes are from Rustoleum 2X spray cans. The false canopy underneath the fuselage was airbrushed Model Master Acrylic Gunship Gray. The working search light on the port side is a feature found on Canadian CF-18s. It is a Freewing 5w LED light. Not visible in the photo is a Gooniac afterburner (which I just installed this past weekend) which is a must have prior to its first flight.

There are a lot of awesome planes in this contest and I have found these discussion forums to be an excellent source of ideas and generous sharing of 3D files that really help take things to the next level.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CF18mm entry.jpeg
Views:	1086
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	302111

Name:	CF18MM comparison.jpg
Views:	972
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	302112
                What a great job! Really Awesome. Well done.

Best, Eric

Comment

• These are all looking so fantastic. Going to be very hard to narrow to 64 already. Keep'em coming!

Comment

• Etihad F-1 by DrexRC

Comment

• Comment

• My Roban MD500E Heavily customised to represent the ST Louis Police Metro Air Support Unit.

All the details added have been drawn in CAD and 3d printed by myself. The FLIR Camera pod houses a working FPV camera which transmits live images to a screen for spectators to get a helicopters eye view of the flight, which is also recorded vis a onboard HDVR.

all lights work and controlled manually for static display or via switches on radio.

Painted black and white and graphics drawn by me but printed by Callie Graphics

She is a joy to fly and quiet aerobatic

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0687.JPG Views:	0 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	302604

Comment

• Fully refinished Mig-29 in East German livery.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Name:	image_68994.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	302613 So I can enter more than one pic ? cool ! This is my FreeWing 70mm F-16 Fighting Falcon !

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashlee Roachclip View Post
                              So I can enter more than one pic ? cool !
                              FreeWing 70mm F-16 Fighting Falcon !

Comment

Name:	20200217_112346_resized.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	302621

Comment

• Comment

Name:	FB_IMG_1614820069789.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	302633

Comment

• Comment

Name:	A4 Skyhawk VT7 Scheme.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	283.1 KB
ID:	302694

Comment

• US Navy Adversary Squadron - VFC-12 F/A-18 A+ Airframe 06 - BuNo 163148

Name:	IMG_1173.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	302700

Comment

Working...
                                          X