Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I burn the midnight oil as lead singer in a rock cover band. We have the quintessential band name: Mid Life Crisis. LOL...

I love flying my FSX flight simulator, playing War Thunder and other high-graphics WWI/WWII dogfighting games. Huge Seattle Seahawks fan (proudly an original 12th Man since 1976. I love it when people call me a bandwagon fan, assuming I just hopped on the bandwagon after winning the Super Bowl! HA!) and used to run a forum community for Seahawks fans.

Love to read. Both fiction and non-fiction but I gravitate toward non-fiction topics of interest. My alter ego is Fox Mulder...I am captivated by the mysterious and always on a quest for the Truth. The paranormal and UFOs (hey if if flies I am into it) have been a major intrigue to me for most of my life. Even have had my share of bona-fide "WTF??" sightings over the years. But I guess that's a whole other thread!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Ah yes the narrow gauge from Durango to Silverton Colorado been there many times I had kin folk that lived in Durango. My Dad worked for the Fort Worth and Denver railroad which later became part of the Burlington Northern railroad from 1951 until he retired in 1992. I worked for the same from 1981 till 1990.

Comment

Aros! UFO's?!!! Don't get me started! They are here...always have been. Doc

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
          Aros! UFO's?!!! Don't get me started! They are here...always have been. Doc
          Preachin' to the choir Doc! :D
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

This is a great addition to the Hobby Squawk forum. I enjoyed reading the responses to all the entries in the Lounge. My main hobby is of course RC planes, but I also enjoy cycling, reading, especially westerns, grilling, and cars. I've had several nice classic cars, including a 1968 Dodge Charger R/T with the 440, but currently the only classic I have is a 1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza coupe with the manual 4 speed. Wide variation between those two I know. Both fun cars to drive in different ways.

Comment

Motorcycles, riding on the street and dirt. And building, repairing, modifying motorcycles.
              Guns
              Home repair, improvement
              Cars, of course

My first car was a '65 Corvair Monza 140 with 4 carbs.

Comment

Woodworking, golf, hockey, fishing, hunting, steel target shooting, mountain biking, cigars, wiskey, craft beer

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	V8M2.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	33863 Click image for larger version

Name:	ytable1.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	33864 Click image for larger version

Name:	mkr2.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	33865 Click image for larger version

Name:	tb1.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	33866 I enjoy making crafts in my welding/machine/fab shop. Retirement has given much more time to simply work at my own leisurely pace along with flying.

Denny

Name:	ph1.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	33862 Click image for larger version

Name:	m_box1.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	33867
                  *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
                  *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

I'm a cigar and red wine kind of guy myself...Although I do love a very good scotch or whiskey with a good cigar as well.
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Nice talent there yorkiepap!
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I enjoy scale modeling, flying helicopters (full-scale and RC), woodcrafts, painting/drawing, video games, and O scale model railroading. Reading is also a major hobby mostly historical books and Star Wars books. I was a huge fan of the expanded universe before it was discontinued by Disney. I can only hope that the new movies result in just as many good stories as the books that sprung from the originals.

Comment

I restore Military vehicles...checkout my webpage http://tired-iron.mounet.com
                          TiredIron Aviation
                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I also build classic cars and off-road vehicles...

Name:	Merc.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	34135 Click image for larger version

Name:	Lincoln.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	34136 Click image for larger version

Name:	Riviera.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	34137 Click image for larger version

Name:	Merc02.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	34138 Click image for larger version

Name:	253766_212833358747214_7545295_n.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	34139 Click image for larger version

Name:	39_Ford.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	34140 Click image for larger version

Name:	Scotty_Studebaker.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	34141

Name:	Blown_Studebaker.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	34142

Name:	TLC.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	34145 Click image for larger version

Name:	TLC2.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	34144

Name:	CUCV_4D.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	34146
                            Attached Files
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Are any of these cars for sale? The only other hobby I have is building muskets, both rifles and pistols. I got into this hobby while stationed on Midway Islands. I had to have something to do other than watching Gooney birds all. I also play a little golf when I can. Not much hand grip now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                                Are any of these cars for sale? The only other hobby I have is building muskets, both rifles and pistols. I got into this hobby while stationed on Midway Islands. I had to have something to do other than watching Gooney birds all. I also play a little golf when I can. Not much hand grip now.
                                They all were...I build and sell them...building an off-grid house right now so I've taken a break right now, the only one I have now if the GMC truck in the snow.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Very cool! Wow nice cars! Cool tanks as well!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Pretty cool tired Iron,now you need to marry the two hobbies and start restoring old military aircraft!!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne@MotionRC View Post
                                      I've been two dimensional for years as I played lots of Golf and would spend 8-10 hours pretty much every weekend at the field flying. Having recently moved to South Carolina I plan on taking up Kayaking and spending time at the beaches of Hilton Head and getting a new RC Club started closer to me as the 2 existing ones are nearly an hour away. I enjoy building planes from kits and have a dream project of the Balsa USA Fokker DR1 1/3 Scale and I do enjoy plastic modeling.
                                      Wayne, my sis-in-law moved the HH last May, and we spent New Year's with her this year. My daughter and I kayaked the backwater, and the wife and I spent New Year's Eve (also happened to be our 15th wedding anniversary) at The Beach House listening to Cranford Hollow. Nice place, even in Dec/Jan. Good luck with the RC club!
                                      Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                        Pretty cool tired Iron,now you need to marry the two hobbies and start restoring old military aircraft!!

Grossman56
                                        That would be nice but the M5A1 Stuart was the best I could do ;)
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Name:	image_2488.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	34516 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130714_152512.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	730.1 KB
ID:	34517 I enjoy wrenching on my 1960 International pickup and I do R/C rock crawling with my son and friends. Get a lot of exercise following these trucks up and down the mountain trails. My other hobby is motorcycle riding on my Honda 1300 VTX.

Comment

Working...
                                          X