Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for me I love archery hunting deer/turkey/woodchucks, I use to fish but that I have not done so in 5-6 years. I pretty much went to flying and put all my money in that until hunting season rolls around then the planes go into hibernation for a couple of months!! That's probably why I have accumulated 98 planes! It's so bad of me to do and yet I have a hard time letting any go I know. I would miss one if I did hahaha.

Comment

Some of my hobbies include collecting guitars and records. I've played in various Chicago punk bands for the past 10 years. I'm the captain of a men's league hockey team and the assistant captain of another. We play year round and participate in various tournaments and charity games such as the Wounded Warrior Project, the Leinenkugels Pond hockey championships, and the USA hockey pond hockey nationals in Eagle River, WI. I also enjoy working on cars and Building bikes.

Comment

98 planes?! Thank you bradl4648, now I don't feel so bad with 25 :)

I like fishing (mostly walleye) riding motorcycle, camping, guns, beer and woodworking. I turned the hobby of woodworking into a career and build custom kitchens, baths, etc.
        Attached Files

Comment

I also like to spend my time getting blood/iron transfusions. I have been losing blood for years off and on, but we can't figure out where. I've done just about every test multiple times. Which is the main reason why I am now in school and not working.

Comment

My hobbies are limited to aviation. :)

Besides R/C flying I'm a full scale pilot as well, I currently own a Cessna 182.

My 182 flying as down last year due to model flying, I need to fix that this year. :)

Comment

Nice plane!

Comment

Nice! I would love to own my own 182! Probably need a PPL first though. ;)
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Thanks guys, I am very fortunate to be able to own a plane. I

Comment

Well I love God, guns, hanging with the family, paintball, RC cars, and helping people change their lives financially and their health/wellness. Pic of my team jersey and the tool of my trade.....lol
                    Sponsored by:

ADVOCARE

Comment

My main hobby is r/c modelling, and has been since 1961. For 35 years enjoyed boating, 17 years sailing, and then power boating in Chesapeake Bay, ICW, Florida, Keys(a different world from Fl), and Bahamas. Quit that and now it's travel--- via cruise ship, and in our motorhome. I take a couple of r/c planes with us when we travel by r/v. Reading fiction novels is also big for me. Almost left out owning a 1/4 share in a Piper Cherokee 180.
                      Last edited by VOODOO; Mar 29, 2016, 04:10 PM. Reason: correcting typo

Comment

I'd say my primary hobby is flying, full-scale that is. I'm working on my private pilot license now, soon to take my checkride. Currently I'm flying a 1972 Cessna 172M and was previously flying a 2011 Cessna 172SP with a glass cockpit and the whole works. I've also been lucky enough to log some hours in float planes (SuperCub) while traveling in the Pacific Northwest. Such a fun time if you get the chance, couldn't recommend it more. Other than that, I spend a lot of my time flying RC aircraft, dabbling in photography, and playing piano in a jazz ensemble. Pretty wide variety there... but lots of fun!

Comment

That's awesome Sam! I would love to get my PPL one day. Good luck on your checkride!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

RC flying is actually my third and newest hobby. I've only been flying since 2011.

I have been a model railroader for 50 years, building and photographing HO scale trains.

I also participate with a group called "Beat the Heat" which is active and retired cops and firefighters that use hotrod cop cars as tools to talk to young people about the dangers of illegal street racing.

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                              RC flying is actually my third and newest hobby. I've only been flying since 2011.

I have been a model railroader for 50 years, building and photographing HO scale trains.

I also participate with a group called "Beat the Heat" which is active and retired cops and firefighters that use hotrod cop cars as tools to talk to young people about the dangers of illegal street racing.
                              WV, tell them there is a real racetrack they can race at somewhat near. I race at Summit Point Motorsports Park and we have many track days there. Near Charles Town WV.
                              Lauren

Comment

WOW!!! What an interesting bunch of people! Doc

Comment

Pretty cool WV, we both had to look at the winter scene twice to believe it wasn't the real deal!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post

Nice layout, it looks spot on! I used to do O scale model railroading, but never really had the time to finish my layout. My grandfather gave my brother I and his entire layout and collection and I worked on it on and off for years. Someday it will make a nice retirement project, and I hope it turns out as well as yours has.

Comment

I'd love to get some 1/8th figures of WWII pilots and ground crew and do the same thing with my birds.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

It's so much fun to read about other member's hobbies and get a glimpse as to what we all do on the side for additional entertainment.

I built plastic model airplanes as a kid and moved into flying RC aircraft with my dad during my junior high and high school years. I got out of the RC hobby when I went to college and took up WW2 gun collecting and re-enacting after I got my current job with the civil service. I'm still collecting but not as much as I was in the past as my collection has become quite extensive and covers the majority of fielded small arms used by all the primary nation's infantry of the period. As a result of my gun collecting, I also took up hobby machine work as a means to repair and preserve the old guns I had acquired and to build scale airsoft replicas of all those automatic MGs that the government doesn't want us to have. I started flying RC aircraft again as a means to spend more time and have fun with my dad and I have continued on ever since as I enjoy the company of my friends and club members that I fly with. My dad started flying RC and became an AMA member when he went into the Air Force back in 1954 and continued on through the end of 2014 when he passed away. My own preferences as with my dad's for aircraft mainly focused on military war birds and jets but we always kept at least one trainer and a fun flyer around just to play with. :)

The gun collecting and re-enacting has given me a lot of opportunities to share the good times and memories with WW2 vets, but at the same time I was able to share in all the frightening and horrible memories of those men that had lost so much and had to endure so much just to stay alive and come home. I am so honored to have been given those moments in my life and I feel I was made a better person for them.

Comment

Hi! I love to fly in real plane and fly R/C. Like flying on my simulator in the winter my hand get very cold from the snow. I flew a lot while in the navy from base to the carriers, and I try to tell my kids that there is not a circus ride that will ever top that! From 140 mph to 0 and then 0 to 140 in seconds, nothing like it. I would do it again today if I wasn’t so old and didn’t have any medical conditions. But first of all my family comes first, then the planes! I also have my home and a second house I keep up all repairs, building thing, which I enjoy. Along with 2 acres of grass not so much. No; I cannot fly here, too may trees! But I could spend all day building airplane that I flew in, to scale from the manufactures drawings. Do not like working on cars, too much electronics!

Comment

Working...
                                          X