Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow grossman! Very impressive mate. You certainly have some talent in the painting department. (Is that where your piloting skills go? Lol, just stirring mate ;) ) One of my best mates is into painting, though he's not quite as good as you.

For me, Besides flying, I do a lot of scuba diving, play competition golf (10.8 handicap), and love camping, windsurfing, fishing and 4wdriving. Anything outdoors really, especially if it involves getting in the ocean. I also I love flying full scale gliders, but I guess I can't really call it a hobby as I don't do it very often anymore.

Im also very much into hot girls in bikinis (as anyone who knows why I was banned from RCG for a while can attest...) again, not that you could call it a hobby - I'm way more serious about it than that - more of a life long commitment.
    :) (And yes, that's a quokka)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0068.JPG Views:	1 Size:	537.3 KB ID:	67836Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0069.JPG Views:	1 Size:	661.4 KB ID:	67837Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0092.JPG Views:	1 Size:	99.2 KB ID:	67838Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0165.JPG Views:	1 Size:	74.1 KB ID:	67839Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0308.JPG Views:	1 Size:	147.9 KB ID:	67840

Comment

• Hey Shirty, we can all relate!
      The only difference is we in our sixth decade and up look, and go "Wow, I'll never have them that young again!"
      Anyway, you get philosophical in your old age. Personally, it's like looking at a Ferrari. Beautiful car, great lines but waaayyyy out of my price line!

Anyway, beautiful country down under and it looks like you're living the life, good on ya mate!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• I dabble a bit with accoustic guitar, both 6 and 12 string, and mandolin.

I'm also an horologist. It's not as closely related to Shirty's passion as it sounds. I repair and restore antique clocks. It has often helped fund the RC addiction.

Comment

• Love the sound of an acoustic guitar. Very cool tw

Comment

• Hi guys, seeing that I've just joined the squawk thought I'd say hi and show you my other hobbies.
            Although RC flying takes most of my spare time and I never seem to be able to get flying as much as I like, I do have other time consuming hobbies.
            I enjoy keeping salt water marine fish and have a reef tank which needs a tinker once a week, and before my journey into RC I spent my hobby money on cars. Some of which are below. I've owned quite a few! ;) I now have more a practical car which (just) suits the transport of planes. My wife and close friends were amazed when I sold my last porsche, emptied the garage and turned it into a hanger and workshop! Now that's RC dedication!

Comment

• Welcome to the squawk mate. I think you'll find RC way more addictive than your other hobbies lol.

Comment

• Music Baby!!
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                  Music Baby!!
                  A multi-disciplined musician :)Nice Les :Cool:
                  This forum is loaded with musicians at both the hobby level and stage performing.;)
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Could resist this little blast from the past, Grossman56 at about 19!!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	1929028_71888015954_4331647_n(1).jpg
Views:	233
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	70783
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Jimmy Page :Stars::Smug: - eat your heart out!

Comment

• Wait.... thats not Jimmy Page ???
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                          Wait.... thats not Jimmy Page ???
                          LOL LOL

Comment

• lol
                            ;)

Comment

• As far as other hobbies, I've recently gotten into mountain biking. We have some trails here locally in the Raleigh/Cary area but my friends and I try to make a twice-a-year pilgrimage to Western NC and ride more challenging/popular trails. We just came back from a trip to Asheville where we rode Dupont State Forest (lots of fun) and Pisgah Forest (trails were designed by Satan himself and was NOT fun). I'm the pudgy guy on the right. That was taken at the top of the trail at Pisgah Forest around 4000' elevation. The smiles were strictly for the camera; trust me we were all miserable. The trail would have given a seasoned mountain goat a hard time. Lesson learned and never again!! We're going to stick to Dupont Forest next time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170429_130433.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	75547Click image for larger version

Name:	20170430_153335.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	75548

Comment

• This is a cool thread. I thought I would join in. In addition to building and flying model airplanes for 50 years, I have been flying full scale most of that time, soloing on my 16th birthday. I have built and flown 6 homebuilt airplanes. My current airplane is a homebuilt Falco F.8L which is just a big, all wood model airplane with 180hp. I have been active in the International Aerobatic Club and flown in aerobatic competitions. I have flown control line stunt and pattern contests with models. Now, I am getting into EDF Jets and Turbine Jets. I am a Life Member of the Commemorative Air Force and I travel around the mid-south with those airplanes. I enjoy talking to people about the airplanes and the people that flew them (like my dad, a P-47 pilot in WWII). I also get to wrench on them from time to time which is very cool. My favorite CAF airplane is the P-51 "Gunfighter" which I have worked on a lot and gotten to ride in from time to time. I guess my secondary hobby is taking picture of airplanes. I have some I am proud of like the one of Gunfighter.

Comment

Working...
                                X