Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Alpha wrote is so very eloquent in its perspective............thank you for that my friend.

And Dan my Canadian/American friend, thank you for clearly defending our patriots and denouncing those in our society that just don't friggin get it.

In my home town we have a 94 year veteran survivor of Pearl Harbor who was honored today. I as a Viet Nam era veteran thanked him for his service with tears in my eyes as I shook his trembling hand and saw the same in his eyes. Yes we must remember....................

With best regards to all my fellow veteran patriots,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thank you fellow Veterans!

Comment

Farewell to an American hero, John Glenn. 23 years in the Marine Corps, once a Marine, always a Marine. Six DFCs, First American to orbit our planet. Senator, Congressional Medal of Honor recipient, mentor, father, and husband to Anna for 73 years.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Another year, and how many more heroes have we lost? Look around you, find that soul at the VA, at your flying field, wherever he or she may be, and thank them for their sacrifice! Record their memories, tell their stories, keep them alive.

Remembering December 7, 1941, here are some photos I took earlier this year at the Pacific Aviation Museum on Ford Island at Pearl Harbor. I couldn't post these earlier because it would have been obvious I was doing recon on the F-105 they have there. But now I can thank the docents there for the personal tour and for helping me acquire certain measurements for our 64mm F-105. Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby!:)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170619_184717.jpg Views:	1 Size:	168.1 KB ID:	107599Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170619_173811.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.4 KB ID:	107598
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170619_173828.jpg Views:	1 Size:	115.9 KB ID:	107597Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170619_175333.jpg Views:	1 Size:	140.5 KB ID:	107601
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170619_180247.jpg Views:	1 Size:	130.1 KB ID:	107600 F-105.... zoom zoom...

Comment

F4F I see;)
            AMA 424553

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	74.1 KB ID:	107607Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	27.6 KB ID:	107608Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	96.9 KB ID:	107609Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	77.5 KB ID:	107610Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	159.5 KB ID:	107611Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	95.3 KB ID:	107612
              Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              Another year, and how many more heroes have we lost? Look around you, find that soul at the VA, at your flying field, wherever he or she may be, and thank them for their sacrifice! Record their memories, tell their stories, keep them alive.
              We have lost too many great heroes this year. As you know, my good friend Col. David S. "Dave" Graben passed away on 1 Jan 2017.

Bio: Colonel David S. Graben of Rhome, TX, received his permanent wings and is now flying with the angels as of January 1st, 2017. At the early age of 6, David developed a passion (some might call it an obsession) for remote control model airplanes. This was just the beginning of Colonel David's remarkable career in Aviation. David S. Graben was born March 31, 1937, in Albert Lea, MN. He graduated from Bismark High School in 1956 and in August of 1958 he married Sandra S. Dillavou. In 1960 he graduated from North Dakota State University and was designated an "outstanding graduate" in his ROTC unit. David was given a regular commission in the Air Force and sent to Barstow, FL to complete his training in which he received the ATC Commanders Trophy for his ranking as the top student in his class. He flew in the Vietnam war from 1962 - 1966. One mission in particular is written up in numerous books about the Vietnam War. "THE AIR WAR IN VIETNAM" by Lou Drendel, "GOING DOWNTOWN" by Jack Broughton and "FULL THROTTLE" by Philip D. Chinnery are a few. The mission: On 14 August 1964, Lieutenant Dave Graben's F-105D was chewed up by flak over Laos. Graben made it back to Korat and landed safely, but his aircraft had to be written off. It was the first Thunderchief to be lost to enemy action. In 1966 Dave started his career with American Airlines. Moving his family to Elgin, IL, where he lived for the next 16 years. David continued his military career with the Air National Guard. In 1979 he was selected as military pilot of the year in Illinois. He rose through the military ranks until retirement as a Colonel in 1982. In 1987, upon moving to Dallas, he became base chief pilot for American Airlines until his retirement in 1997. He continued to fly corporate jets for the next ten years. Prior to retirement from AA, in July of 1993, Colonel Graben obtained certification for a FAA Designated Pilot Examiner and was an active instructor until his death.

Col. Graben's passing was a huge loss to our country and the entire RC community.

Thank you and the entire MRC family for honoring and supporting veterans.

Comment

Thank you!!! It fails in words, but you get the idea.............. God Speed and lots of love!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Much gratitude Aplha for your most inspirational posts. As always, a dignified nod to all my brothers and sisters at arms, past and present.

It can be discouraging when we are bombarded, at every turn, by the various media sources about how awefull this country has become. We have to remember that what we are being spoon fed are stories about the "squeeky wheel" fringes our our society and the unusual events. They get the ratings in.

The majority in our Great Land are honorable citizens that are Americans first. Heritage, background, faith, politics, and various orientations and ideologies are not how we choose to define ourselves first. We as Squawkers, I think, paint a more accurate picture of the average citizen. We have earned each others' respect. We value integrity and honesty. We offer a helping hand to others openly. We put our hard earned money where we know we can count on something of good value. We don't expect anything that is not earned in some way. Those of us that have served often continue long after the uniform has been retired. Those of like mind continue as well. That's the America that still thrives at our core. We honor our past and those that were there.

And then there's this great hobby! Life is GOOD!:Cool:.

Comment

From Twowingtj
                    The majority in our Great Land are honorable citizens that are Americans first. Heritage, background, faith, politics, and various orientations and ideologies are not how we choose to define ourselves first. We as Squawkers, I think, paint a more accurate picture of the average citizen. We have earned each others' respect. We value integrity and honesty. We offer a helping hand to others openly. We put our hard earned money where we know we can count on something of good value. We don't expect anything that is not earned in some way. Those of us that have served often continue long after the uniform has been retired. Those of like mind continue as well. That's the America that still thrives at our core. We honor our past and those that were there.

Roger that!!! Amen and Amen!! God Bless America! :Party::Drinks::P

Comment

And pass the Foam-Tac....... Thank you Dad!! WWII 70th Division, 3rd Army, two Bronze Stars....... In heaven now!

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                        Much gratitude Aplha for your most inspirational posts. As always, a dignified nod to all my brothers and sisters at arms, past and present.

It can be discouraging when we are bombarded, at every turn, by the various media sources about how awefull this country has become. We have to remember that what we are being spoon fed are stories about the "squeeky wheel" fringes our our society and the unusual events. They get the ratings in.

And then there's this great hobby! Life is GOOD!:Cool:.
                        These comments are certainly applicable to veterans, decent citizens, and fellow Squawkers of all countries. We are all proud of our nations and honorable service to same.

Comment

Very true!!!!!!!!!! I agree for sure!

Comment

"....Dec 7 ,1941, a date which will live in infamy. The United States was suddenly and deliberately attacked by the naval and air forces of the empire of Japan ..."
                            I for one never forget Pearl Harbor and heck, lets face it, I wasn't even born and I'm from Canada. I insist that the flag on our business building flies at half mast on Dec. 7.
                            I'd like to hear from some of the younger crowd, do they still teach Pearl Harbor in school? I was surprised when I first moved down here how many people didn't know what Dec. 7 was!!
                            Who is moved when they see pictures of the Arizona at the bottom of Pearl and the oil still oozes out of her, she still bleeds as a reminder of the souls entombed within.
                            There are three things that, as a country, we should never forget. The Alamo, Pearl Harbor and 9-11

Grossman56 Click image for larger version

Name:	pearl-harbor-newspaper.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	107636Click image for larger version

Name:	pearl-harbor7a.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	107632Click image for larger version

Name:	main-qimg-c9f6469329cd9310419041ff0bb11bbe.png
Views:	158
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	107633Click image for larger version

Name:	1200px-Pearl_harbour.png
Views:	160
Size:	735.3 KB
ID:	107634Click image for larger version

Name:	The_USS_Arizona_(BB-39)_burning_after_the_Japanese_attack_on_Pearl_Harbor_-_NARA_195617_-_Edit.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	107635Click image for larger version

Name:	d53d2ad690d4db89d7fa291342339e17.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	107631
                            Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Never forget.... 76 years ago, but it could happen again at any time...... Keep your powder dry... Merry Christmas to you all, folks! :-) Jerry

Comment

God bless the men and women who fought like hell, died, worked for the cause, built planes, ships tanks, on and on. The Merchant Marines(my dad) who delivered fuel, bombs, ammo, PT boats, etc. through submarine infested waters...and were not given veteran status until just a few years ago. All this to give us freedom, even the freedom to ignorantly burn the American flag and riot! Oh my lord, what has happened to our country?!!!:(Doc

Comment

The Arizona Memorial is a very tranquil place. I encourage everyone to consider adding it to their bucket list. I attended an Eagle ceremony in the '90s on the Memorial, and the impression of calming peace was palpable. There are no words.

Comment

I am so greatful that the veterans today when they return home get the respect that they deserve versus when I came home 40+ years ago to be spit at.
                                    Whether it's the Arizona in Hawaii or the Wall in DC or a memorial to veterans in hometown America, they ALL are places of tranquility and remembrance.
                                    I honor those that came before me and cherish the ones that I served with and am inspired to know that our future brothers and sisters will uphold the honors we respect.
                                    With the greatest regards,
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	67.6 KB ID:	107682
                                      I visited the Arizona Memorial back in 1996. Seeing her oil on the surface of the water was very moving....I had no idea she was still bleeding. I didn't want to leave.

Comment

Thanks to all of you who have served!! God bless you and your families and our great country!!! Merry Christmas to all......

Comment

My grandpa was in the Pacific war, my dad in Vietnam, and I was in Iraq. Now my son is going into the army when he graduates as he's already signed. One of the hardest things for me is going from a productive useful soldier to nothing in a flash of a bomb. It hits harder sometimes than others. It's hard being on the sidelines.

Comment

Working...
                                          X