X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral RX600SP 6-channel DSMX with Stability Plus Gyro

I am looking to purchase the Heron receiver ready sailplane. Need to know if anyone has experience with the Admiral RX600SP 6-channel DSMX with stability Plus Gyro (ADMR04) from MotionRC. I would like to know how to hook the gyro up with my DX6. The DX6 is 2 years old, so I guess it's generation 2. I enjoy the Eflite Timber 1.5 and the Commander mPd Basic BNF. Have flown the Conscendo 53" and really enjoyed it. The Conscendo 73" is on my short list. There seems to be too many days with winds over 5 mph, hoping the Heron will be a good flyer with the help of a gyro.
    INUM Rtf, PicoStickSC, CHAMP, SportCub S, SuperCub S, LazyCub, BluBaby, TechOne LazyFlyer, SuperDeclathon, FMS Super EZ, FunCub, FreeWing Pandora, Wilga-2000, Eflite Timber 1.2, ApprenticeS15e, SkyTrainer 182, UMX PT-17, UMX Cessna 182, UMX Timber, Viking 12-280, eHawkeye P2GO, Mini Radian, EasyStar2, ConscendoS, MOA Glider, ES-9908 Ultra-Light, UMX Yak54 3D, 8mmEPP Edge-540, Sbach 342, Commander mPd 1.4, QQ Extra 300, Addiction, P51D Mustang, F4U Corsair, Blade 230S & Blade 450X

Hey PghTom , I have one and installed on a cheap plane in case I encountered problems . There were none !!!

I use it like the AS3x that lots of us know and its perfect . I don't use recovery or turn it off so all I had to do was move the Two dip switches , J4 & J5 , then bind it . Once the binding was done I was finished . Made sure that the corrections were moving in the right way and that was all .

The way I set mine up there no mixing or assigning anything .

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Can this receiver be used with the frsky transmitters?

Comment

No, Spektrum DSMX
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post
          Hey PghTom , I have one and installed on a cheap plane in case I encountered problems . There were none !!!

I use it like the AS3x that lots of us know and its perfect . I don't use recovery or turn it off so all I had to do was move the Two dip switches , J4 & J5 , then bind it . Once the binding was done I was finished . Made sure that the corrections were moving in the right way and that was all .

The way I set mine up there no mixing or assigning anything .

Bryan
          Bryan-did you leave the settings in the factory position for the stabilization, or did you move any of the pots to increase or decrease sensitivity?

Comment

Originally posted by Loneflier View Post

Bryan-did you leave the settings in the factory position for the stabilization, or did you move any of the pots to increase or decrease sensitivity?
            Hey Loneflier I didn't' change anything . Only made sure the pots were as close to %50 and checked for the correct movement for corrections and put it in the air ! I am so pleased that I am trying to keep one if not two here at all times for new planes I but in case they are out of stock

Bryan
            But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Thanks Bryan-I flew my FMS 1100 Typhoon with one of these yesterday. I watched the videos from MRC for this reciever, and it really answered all my questions. I left the gain positions alone, and like you, just checked that the surfaces were moving in the correct direction. She flew absolutely fantastic. Very stable, only needed 2 clicks of up elevator, and she was flying hands off! Winds were not bad, but gusting to about 10mph, and she handled that great. I couldn't feel the gyros working, but I am sure they were to keep her steady in the wind. Very impressive! I think I will be keeping a few of these on hand for future builds.

Comment

My rud/ele don't move enough to check their direction. It's more of a guess. This is with the gain turned way up. The ailerons are very visible. Doc

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                  My rud/ele don't move enough to check their direction. It's more of a guess. This is with the gain turned way up. The ailerons are very visible. Doc
                  Doc....do you have those particular surface controls on low/high rate setting or the throw settings electronically reduced below 75% ?
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I'll check that. Thanks, Doc

Comment

I'll check that. Thanks, Doc
                      Put it in recovery and check.

Comment

Thanks, Ryan...but, what is recovery? Doc

Comment

Recovery is one of the mode options. Usually assigned to bind/trainer button. When pressed it returns aircaft to straight and level. If you held plane at odd angles and activated recovery ,the control surfaces will deflect in an attempt to right the aircraft. Helpfull video on MRC website.
                          Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Thanks, but, I guess I don't understand what that has to do with movement that is so small that you can't tell if it is correct. I don't use the recovery mode. Doc

Comment

Thanks, but, I guess I don't understand what that has to do with movement that is so small that you can't tell if it is correct. I don't use the recovery mode. Doc
                              recovery mode exaggerates the correction, henceforth you will know if they are right. Example put aircraft nose down and flip into recovery, you should then see an up elevator deflection. That indicates your correction direction is indeed correct. It's easier to see what the corrections are in recovery than not. That's why I said it. Obviously you don't have to keep it in recovery mode just it's useful in making sure your gyro is setup properly.

Comment

Thank you, very much! Doc

Comment

Trying to fly without having to throw away the thing after the first attempt. Bought an Admiral RX600SP to use as the receiver, stabilizer and gyro. Anyone know how to set it up to have the auto-level capability enabled all of the time sort of like the SAFE mode? I want to have it such that when the sticks are not deliberately moved to cause a change the plane will just default back to level flight. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Comment

Originally posted by Old_Man View Post
                                    Trying to fly without having to throw away the thing after the first attempt. Bought an Admiral RX600SP to use as the receiver, stabilizer and gyro. Anyone know how to set it up to have the auto-level capability enabled all of the time sort of like the SAFE mode? I want to have it such that when the sticks are not deliberately moved to cause a change the plane will just default back to level flight. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
                                    Welcome to the Squawk Old_Man (there's a lot of us here that could've claimed that LOL)
                                    The stabilizer/gyro function of the Admiral you just bought is not going do that. Sorry...........
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Hi Warbird Charlie, according to Motion RC, yes, it will do that and I just spoke with them to confirm it. Thanks. I asked several times to make sure that I was stating correctly what I meant. I hope there was no confusion on what I was saying to the representative.

Comment

Originally posted by Old_Man View Post
                                        Hi Warbird Charlie, according to Motion RC, yes, it will do that and I just spoke with them to confirm it. Thanks.
                                        Cool.............just learned something new about these Admirals. That is a function that separates them from their OEM(Lemon) version.
                                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                        X