Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to know! So are most finding the 9-oclock the sweet spot generally speaking?
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I turned my gain down to 9-oclock on all three and while better, I see she's still wagging on a high speed pass. It's either rudder or aileron...I am thinking of turning rudder off and seeing if that stops it. If not, I will lower aileron significantly. Process of elimination.
      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
        I turned my gain down to 9-oclock on all three and while better, I see she's still wagging on a high speed pass. It's either rudder or aileron...I am thinking of turning rudder off and seeing if that stops it. If not, I will lower aileron significantly. Process of elimination.
        I don't have this specific RX, but I do have the Lemon version. Of all the gyro type devices I've used, I find that rudder is the least sensitive to higher gain and airspeed. You can turn that one up much higher than the other two. Next comes elevator and finally, the aileron gyro is the most sensitive and must be the lowest as speed increases.

Comment

I turned my gain down to 9-oclock on all three and while better, I see she's still wagging on a high speed pass. It's either rudder or aileron...I am thinking of turning rudder off and seeing if that stops it. If not, I will lower aileron significantly. Process of elimination.
          Should work without rudder, sounds like that could be inducing Dutch Roll phenomena.

Comment

• Thanks guys...It's not pitching, it's wagging which is why I thought it was the rudder but maybe it's the ailerons? I'll get to the bottom of it! :Cool:
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Thanks guys...It's not pitching, it's wagging which is why I thought it was the rudder but maybe it's the ailerons? I'll get to the bottom of it! :Cool:
              Nullify the rudder inputs first, as that is what is probably is causing the wag. Ailerons are using the gyro to cancel out the coupled roll movements.

Comment

• Copy that! Next flight rudder will be at 0. Thanks!
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I have one of these installed in my F8F. It works wonderfully. I also have a FMS Tigercat with this Rx installed. The motor randomly shuts down. 3 or 4 5 minute flights and the motor shuts down. When I get the plane to the pits, everything works perfectly.. One of our club members has one in his Efite T-28. Same intermitant operation. Any Ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie9859901 View Post
                    I have one of these installed in my F8F. It works wonderfully. I also have a FMS Tigercat with this Rx installed. The motor randomly shuts down. 3 or 4 5 minute flights and the motor shuts down. When I get the plane to the pits, everything works perfectly.. One of our club members has one in his Efite T-28. Same intermitant operation. Any Ideas?
                    Can't say for sure, but symptoms like you describe are more likely linked to the ESC than the rx. See if a higher powered esc helps. Good luck.

Comment

I have one of these installed in my F8F. It works wonderfully. I also have a FMS Tigercat with this Rx installed. The motor randomly shuts down. 3 or 4 5 minute flights and the motor shuts down. When I get the plane to the pits, everything works perfectly.. One of our club members has one in his Efite T-28. Same intermitant operation. Any Ideas?
                      After such a flight where the motor quits, you need to see how hot the motor and ESC is. Don't grab it in case you burn yourself. If either is very hot, it's likely overtaxed. Is everything stock? Did you change the motor or put on a pitchier prop? It could also be that the LVC (low voltage cutoff) is set too high. It could also be that the motor or ESC or both is not getting sufficient airflow for cooling.
                      Though not likely, it might be a loose connection at the RX on the throttle channel. Check all pins on the plug to make sure none are loose and all are seated.
                      Seeing how you have an FMS Tigercat, it could also be the following (I also have one): On mine, the very first flight of the day (after the plane has been in storage for some weeks, the motors/ESCs will not arm. Then I go into the control board and pull out both of those multi-connectors and vigorously wiggle them back on ensuring they are both seated thoroughly and evenly. I believe, at least with mine, the contacts in that connector might be a bit corroded and pulling them out and putting them back in "freshens" up the contact points. After I do this, no problems on subsequent flights that day. Next time, same thing. I'm going to try to inspect them very carefully on the bench at home and put a small spot of dielectric grease on each pin.
                      I have no specific idea about what's going on with the T-28.

Comment

• The Cat is stock. After the first time the engines shut down, I changed the BEC to a CC Pro. I thought that I had a bad BEC. That didn't help.. I don;'t have a problem starting the ESCs They always start. According to the trouble shooting chart the escs will shut the motors down, if the throttle channel goes off line for 2 seconds. The battery was 65% and is 6S. It is hard to believe that the battery voltage is low enough to stop the ESCs.

Comment

I don;'t have a problem starting the ESCs They always start. According to the trouble shooting chart the escs will shut the motors down, if the throttle channel goes off line for 2 seconds. The battery was 65% and is 6S.
                          Please explain the part in red. What indication do you have that they "start". Have you ever done the throttle calibration? If the ESC doesn't understand where zero and max throttle is, it may not see a throttle signal. The throttle signal line goes through those multi-connectors. Perhaps there's a poor contact at that location. I've also read that those wing connector boards and also have poor contacts. The throttle signal goes through those, too. I've put the dielectric grease on those pins and sockets during the build.

Comment

• I am trying to set up this RX. I followed the video's and written instructions.
                            After binding, I get only a solid green light. After pressing the bind "I" button, nothing changes.
                            The gyro works fine.... I think. I'm working on the bench before I install it in a plane.
                            What did I do wrong?

Comment

• I FINALLY found that the Gear Channel must be set to "I" in the Channel Assign menu.
                              That fixed the problem.
                              I still can't not find any instructions for the TX setup for my DX9.
                              Where did I miss that?

Comment

Robbie9859901 - Did you ever figure out your motor cut problem?

I'm experiencing the same problem on my eflite viper. Motor cuts out in flight without warning. All other servos are working fine. The couple times this happened, I was in approach for landing with flaps down so I was able to land. Very strange problem. Can't duplicate it on the bench. I actually wonder if the recvr is to close to the servo wires (it's a rat's next in the location area of the rx600sp)?

Comment

• No I haven't It always happens on approach. The ESCs chirps pretty loud. There is at least one other member of our club that is having the same problems. He has an Eflite T-28 He flew the plane with the AS3X for over a year. He put in the Motion Rx and is having the motor fall off line intermittantly.

Comment

• FYI The antennas one points straight down and the other straight back.

Comment

• I think my problem comes from me not understanding the FMS escs. The default setting will shut down the motors at 60% of the battery. That is where I was having problems

Comment

I think my problem comes from me not understanding the FMS escs. The default setting will shut down the motors at 60% of the battery. That is where I was having problems
                                        That’s very odd but interesting if true. I’ve got several FMS planes and leaving the ESCs in their default settings have never resulted in them shutting down like that. I’ve taken batteries down to below 20% quite often. 60% seems quite high. I think you should keep investigating as there may likely be something else going on.

Comment

No I haven't It always happens on approach. The ESCs chirps pretty loud. There is at least one other member of our club that is having the same problems. He has an Eflite T-28 He flew the plane with the AS3X for over a year. He put in the Motion Rx and is having the motor fall off line intermittantly.
                                          If indeed it’s the ESC chirps on approach, this would indicate to me that they are re-initializing just like when you first plug the battery in when starting to get ready to fly. Power is being interrupted either at the throttle lead to the RX or somewhere between the flight battery, ESC and the motor. I would trace all those lines/cables and look for loose connections, broken insulation or poor solder joints.
                                          If this all started after changing receivers, pay more attention there. Try putting the AS3X receiver back or try an entirely different RX.

Comment

Working...
                                          X