• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ricky R View Post

Already did that once. Temporary fix
    Prefer blue. Like you said-doesn't matter
    Gear switch also controls the gear. Mechanical retracts

I've got 6 of these and they always work. Try it again, just humor me. Before you do though, are you reversing the gear channel?
    Planes
    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

I've got 6 of these and they always work. Try it again, just humor me. Before you do though, are you reversing the gear channel?
      So it started to work again, but later, it didn't again. How would I know if I was reversing the gear channel? I have it on the 2 position switch opposite the H switch. Gear goes up, gear goes down.

Comment

So it started to work again, but later, it didn't again. How would I know if I was reversing the gear channel? I have it on the 2 position switch opposite the H switch. Gear goes up, gear goes down.
        You go in to servo setup, scroll over and can select which channels to review. Example if you did your alierons left but the right alieron on the plane came up, you would reverse that channel.

Your mixing is set up H-GER 5%? Post pictures of your radios setup?
        Planes
        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

You go in to servo setup, scroll over and can select which channels to review. Example if you did your alierons left but the right alieron on the plane came up, you would reverse that channel.

Your mixing is set up H-GER 5%? Post pictures of your radios setup?
          Thanks for trying to help. I didn't mean to imply that I didn't know how to reverse a channel. Not a newbie. Anyway, had the plane at a club meeting last night for show and tell so it's still in the car, and I just got up. I'll get back to it and you later on. BTW, yes on the radio setup, though I have fooled around with the percentages a little.
          Rick

Comment

• Well, the plane is on the table again. Been working on the retracts-getting ready to throw in the towel and just put the fixed gear on. Faulty gear means no flight.

Checked the recovery mode. Not working. At least that won't necessarily stop the flight. Don't stress over it. I'm not. I have plenty to fly. If the wind would go away...

Comment

• Most of my attention today was on the gear. Seems I lost one of the fixed gear mounts so fixed gear is no longer an option, but I THINK I got the retracts functional at least to the point where they lock in the down position, which means flight can be attempted.

Since I had the wing off I was able to watch the rx as the gear was going up and down, and it was in that watching that I could see the recovery mode kicking in at a certain time as the gear went down or up. By adjusting the gear travel to THAT exact percentage, I then had recovery and the ability to switch it on and off at the H switch. Unfortunately, that meant the gear was somewhere in the middle, and that is not acceptable.

So, does anyone here use this rx with retracts and is there a work around? Any way to assign the recovery function somewhere other then gear? Thinking here, I see smoke coming out of my ears...Maybe it will be easier to put the gear servo into a different rx port... Comments?

Comment

Most of my attention today was on the gear. Seems I lost one of the fixed gear mounts so fixed gear is no longer an option, but I THINK I got the retracts functional at least to the point where they lock in the down position, which means flight can be attempted.

Since I had the wing off I was able to watch the rx as the gear was going up and down, and it was in that watching that I could see the recovery mode kicking in at a certain time as the gear went down or up. By adjusting the gear travel to THAT exact percentage, I then had recovery and the ability to switch it on and off at the H switch. Unfortunately, that meant the gear was somewhere in the middle, and that is not acceptable.

So, does anyone here use this rx with retracts and is there a work around? Any way to assign the recovery function somewhere other then gear? Thinking here, I see smoke coming out of my ears...Maybe it will be easier to put the gear servo into a different rx port... Comments?
                It is imprudent to have the retracts and the mode on the same switch. You should plug your retracts into AUX2 (bind) and configure another switch to activate the gear. In my case, I used a 3-pos switch just ahead of the gear switch as I didn't want to use the only other 2-pos switch for it since I reserve that for "throttle cut". Just know that when you use a 3-pos switch for retracts, that you should NOT stop in the middle position - just flip through it. I run my 70mm Yak 130 this way. All channels are used while leaving the "gear" port empty. Although I have the Lemon version of this RX, the Yak has always worked flawlessly. This RX should work the same way.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  It is imprudent to have the retracts and the mode on the same switch. You should plug your retracts into AUX2 (bind) and configure another switch to activate the gear. In my case, I used a 3-pos switch just ahead of the gear switch as I didn't want to use the only other 2-pos switch for it since I reserve that for "throttle cut". Just know that when you use a 3-pos switch for retracts, that you should NOT stop in the middle position - just flip through it. I run my 70mm Yak 130 this way. All channels are used while leaving the "gear" port empty. Although I have the Lemon version of this RX, the Yak has always worked flawlessly. This RX should work the same way.
                  Thank you for the input, viper. I will try controlling the gear with a different rx channel tomorrow and see if it works. Just to be clear, the gear (Channel 5) and the recovery mode (which doesn't really have a channel but is apparently tied to channel 5) ARE on different SWITCHES- gear is on switch A and recovery mode is on switch H. On my DX8, these are both 2 position switches. The rx instructions seem to imply that the fact that recovery is tied to the gear function does not interfere with using the gear normally. It seems this is not the case and in fact use of the recovery mode seems destined to relegate the gear channel on the receiver to unusable for actually controlling a servo.

Comment

• RX600SP worked wonderfully on my first install with a fixed gear airplane. I only want Mode C, basic stabilization activated by a switch. Worked. Awesome.

Tried installing it on a retract gear airplane and wouldn't work. After much troubleshooting found the problem was I had to reverse the gear servos when I set the airplane up originally. So, if I undid the gear servo reverse, Mode C on switch H works great. IOW, my "gear up, gear down" switch is backwards from all my other airplanes, but the stabilization works.

For now I'll take that. Until someone comes up with a workaround.

Oh... putting the gear on Aux2... the phantom Channel 7, doesn't seem an option on my DX6. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by curlyculp View Post
                      RX600SP worked wonderfully on my first install with a fixed gear airplane. I only want Mode C, basic stabilization activated by a switch. Worked. Awesome.

Tried installing it on a retract gear airplane and wouldn't work. After much troubleshooting found the problem was I had to reverse the gear servos when I set the airplane up originally. So, if I undid the gear servo reverse, Mode C on switch H works great. IOW, my "gear up, gear down" switch is backwards from all my other airplanes, but the stabilization works.

Oh... putting the gear on Aux2... the phantom Channel 7, doesn't seem an option on my DX6. Correct me if I'm wrong.
                      Well, it has been a while since I messed with this item. I had to figure out a way to mount the rx upright and I did. Then I solved the problem of the gear. However, for some reason the gear servo would overheat my esc, so I had to unplug it and lock the gear down. The plane has flown successfully as a fixed gear plane. I don't recall if I actually used or tested the full stability mode, but I know the AS3X type stabilization was working. I recently purchased a new servo to try on the gear, so I may get it working 100% yet.

Regarding your question, if the gear channel is unavailable for gear, and the plane does not have flaps, there should be a channel on the rx available for the retracts whether it is called channel 6 or aux. So a 6 channel radio like the DX6i should be able to operate a 5 channel airplane even if the gear channel is reserved for stability.

Comment

RX600SP worked wonderfully on my first install with a fixed gear airplane. I only want Mode C, basic stabilization activated by a switch. Worked. Awesome.

You are not entirely wrong. If you have a 6 channel plane (ie, with gear and flaps) and you have a 6-ch transmitter, then that 7th channel on the RX is not available to you. Since the gear channel is used as a switch for the gyro, it normally is left empty. However, it is possible to plug retracts into the gear channel but you must decide during what portion of the flight you want the stabilization to work - either gear down or gear up. Whatever way you are used to flipping the gear switch to operate the gear or whatever way you are used to flipping the gear switch to operate the gyro ON/OFF, you must decide.
                        Let's say you want the gyro to work when the gear is UP, then that's the switch position you need to turn the gyro ON. You can then fiddle with reversing the gear channel in the servo reverse menu to accomplish this BUT if the retracts aren't where you want them to be with the gear switch in that position, then you have to incorporate a servo reverser on the lead going into the RX. That is one workaround if you are restricted on channels with your TX. There may be other workarounds but I can't think of them right now.

Comment

• You use the channel in mixing to activate the gyro, recover, gyro off depending on what mode you want.

My gear channel has only ever operated the gear and C switch operates the gyro on/off.
                          Planes

Comment

You use the channel in mixing to activate the gyro, recover, gyro off depending on what mode you want.

My gear channel has only ever operated the gear and C switch operates the gyro on/off.
                            You're right. You substituted switch C for the bind button and the mix to gear is only 5%, thereby NOT interfering with the normal gear function.
                            So, to "curlyculp", just do the mix as per the instruction video, plug your retracts into ch.5 (switch A should still operate the gear) and assign the ON/OFF for the gyro to any 2-position switch (or 3-position switch and don't use the middle position).

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              You are not entirely wrong. If you have a 6 channel plane (ie, with gear and flaps) and you have a 6-ch transmitter, then that 7th channel on the RX is not available to you. Since the gear channel is used as a switch for the gyro, it normally is left empty. However, it is possible to plug retracts into the gear channel but you must decide during what portion of the flight you want the stabilization to work - either gear down or gear up. Whatever way you are used to flipping the gear switch to operate the gear or whatever way you are used to flipping the gear switch to operate the gyro ON/OFF, you must decide.
                              Let's say you want the gyro to work when the gear is UP, then that's the switch position you need to turn the gyro ON. You can then fiddle with reversing the gear channel in the servo reverse menu to accomplish this BUT if the retracts aren't where you want them to be with the gear switch in that position, then you have to incorporate a servo reverser on the lead going into the RX. That is one workaround if you are restricted on channels with your TX. There may be other workarounds but I can't think of them right now.
                              Again, the only thing interfering with as advertised operation of the stability modes is that my gear servos had to be reversed to make them match a two position switch. 0 being down. 1 being up. In that mode, the "mix" doesn't see the gear channel correctly. So I undid the gear servo reverse, and switch H now activates stability as it should. Though my gear up, gear down switch direction is backwards. I can live with it.

Comment

Again, the only thing interfering with as advertised operation of the stability modes is that my gear servos had to be reversed to make them match a two position switch. 0 being down. 1 being up. In that mode, the "mix" doesn't see the gear channel correctly. So I undid the gear servo reverse, and switch H now activates stability as it should. Though my gear up, gear down switch direction is backwards. I can live with it.
                                If you reverse the gear, instead of using a 5% mix, you use a -5% mix.
                                Planes

Comment

Will try and advise....

Comment

It WORKED! Many thanks.

Comment

• Fantastic!
                                      Planes

Comment

• Just snagged one of these to put in my F-16 V2 70mm...I will be reading through this thread to catch up on any tips and tricks. I need to tweak the gain still as she oscillates on those fast fly bys....Right now I have most in the 10-o'clock position...
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                          Just snagged one of these to put in my F-16 V2 70mm...I will be reading through this thread to catch up on any tips and tricks. I need to tweak the gain still as she oscillates on those fast fly bys....Right now I have most in the 10-o'clock position...
                                          I have one in the drunk with power, 21oz. L4 Cub...I had to dial them back to 9 ish. I hardly know it’s there unless I let someone fly it in low rates. Most flights are in high rates and gyro off. I like having it when the wind is up and that light little gal actually does quite well in the wind - is a great wind Trainer and the gyro settles her nicely in low rates in an xwind when you are trying for that one wheel landing.:Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X