Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't given up, just had a computer problem. Been trying to get my rig back up and running. I have quite a few computers, just the one that was running my Fusion blew up due to a problem with available memory. I have it up and running, still in the process of reloading everything.

Woody

Comment

• Dang, well, its good to have you back in the game!

Comment

• Has anyone used Build tac 3d printing sheets? I've tried hairspray ( what a waste of money ). I used 99% isopropyl too clean the test bed. (and the scraper they gave me ).Test model keeps falling over near completion. I've tried social media and YouTube and can't get a straight answer. Any advise is much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
          Has anyone used Build tac 3d printing sheets? I've tried hairspray ( what a waste of money ). I used 99% isopropyl too clean the test bed. (and the scraper they gave me ).Test model keeps falling over near completion. I've tried social media and YouTube and can't get a straight answer. Any advise is much appreciated.
          2 ideas. Make sure your first layer calibration is good, and not too high. Also, mix a tiny amount of ABS into a mixing cup with acetone, just enough to make it hazy. Wipe that onto your build plate.

Comment

• Occasionally I'll use an Elmers Glue Stick when I know I'll have parts that will print well above the print bed. Seems to work good.
            Pat

Comment

• Ok. Thanks for info guys. Btw I'm using PLA.

Comment

• I run mine on a glass bed and hairspray, no issues here. Also with PLA

Comment

• The edge is coming together slow. But just have 4 files left to print once this one im printing is finished. However the next 2 are 16 hour prints a piece. Cant wait to fly this thing, its my first 3d capable plane ive owned in 18 years. Lol

Comment

• I have joined the 3D printer family, I traded a J3 cub 450 still in the box for a Anet A8 with no modds, but I"m already modding and getting files to print when I get a new hot end parts and filaments, so tomorrows delivery will tell if I can get my head around all the settings and so on. wish me luck. R.
                    AMA 424553

Comment

• RRH, Good Luck. It will change the way you model. If you can think it, you can build it. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yes, I think that this is the next generation of this hobby, I have been looking to do this and I have autocad 2000 on disk and I did load that on one of my computers but have not got back in to refreshing my cad skills, been away from it for 18 years and flying for 30 before 2014 so now more new toys to play with. I will keep you guys posted more than I have in the past on my going on's. Thanks Ron.
                        AMA 424553

Comment

• You're gonna love it. Its so fun to watch these thing work and then glue the parts together

Comment

• Has anyone here had any experience with the Anycubic i3? Seems like a decent printer for the price. Am pretty close to pulling the trigger on it.

Buy Upgraded Anycubic i3 Mega 3D Printer with Ultrabase. Large Build size. Solid metal frame construction. Smart leveling, Filament sensor. Resume auto print from outage. User friendly 3.5 inch touch screen & much more!

Comment

• Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post
                              Has anyone here had any experience with the Anycubic i3? Seems like a decent printer for the price. Am pretty close to pulling the trigger on it.
                              Hey Icy, I usually look it up on Amazon, Amazon provides customer reviews of the product. This one had a lot of 1 star reviews. Check it out mate. https://www.amazon.com/ANYCUBIC-Upgr.../dp/B07CQGLLBW

Best Regards
                              Woody

One last thing, purchasing it from Amazon offers you an extra level of protection. If it turns out to be a piece of junk, Amazon will make it right. W

Comment

• Hey LB. What kind of printer are you using these days. Just curious.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Hey Icy, I usually look it up on Amazon, Amazon provides customer reviews of the product. This one had a lot of 1 star reviews. Check it out mate. https://www.amazon.com/ANYCUBIC-Upgr.../dp/B07CQGLLBW

Best Regards
                                  Woody

One last thing, purchasing it from Amazon offers you an extra level of protection. If it turns out to be a piece of junk, Amazon will make it right. W
                                  Hey Woody...........1 STAR review means it is basically a shoddy buy. I looked at the reviews and there was nothing but saying it was ****e...............run awaaaaaay.
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hey Woody...........1 STAR review means it is basically a shoddy buy. I looked at the reviews and there was nothing but saying it was ****e...............run awaaaaaay.
                                    I was thinking the same thing.

Woody

Comment

Hey LB. What kind of printer are you using these days. Just curious. Woody
                                      Hey Woods, I got the Prusa i3 Mk3 kit with the powder coated build plate. https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/ It took about 8 hours to build and about 4 days to calibrate bc I am a slow trial and error learner. LOL However, I am seriously thinking of buying another as I want to start printing some of the 3DLabs aircraft and I want to experiment with other filaments without changing my current printer settings too much. I know we all like what we own, but this printer is amazing, Prusa updates the firmware continuously, they are offering an SLA printer (Laser and Resin Tech stuff), multi-color printing hot-ends, and are basically setting the standard for a home machine. Their Prusa slic3r app is great and there is also an alpha version for those who need more tinkering. They also offer vids on many other elements of 3DP tech. I am not a CAD noob at all, a rookie at best. I use the free Autodesk software to design as do many here at the Squawk. I am not a marketing guy and I don't play one on TV, but IMHO for the monies, this printer is 'top-notch' and so is the company. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Best Regards
                                        Woody

Appreciate the response. I have learned not to take Amazon reviews very seriously anymore. The sites I mostly referred to for reviews were 3DP test/review sites as well as a couple 3DP forums. It gets compared to the CR-10 quite a bit on Youtube in it's reviews and most that I have seen have been positive. It's on sale for $250 elsewhere which is one reason I am looking at this one.

Comment

• Ok mate. Just trying to help. Good luck.

Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X