Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha
    replied
    That's a Dynam?! Looks great! Now I feel the desire to buy one, immediately.

Leave a comment:

• TSHobbies
    replied
    Heres my Dynam Bf-110..still not quite finished yet but getting close.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    Very impressive, tdevince! 10,000 rivets, that is quite amazing. Excellent choice of livery, too. And nice bird!

When is the maiden?

Leave a comment:

• tdevince
    replied
    Getting close on finishing my winter build. This is an old Top Flite Redbox P47 (60 size) that I converted to electric. The balsa frame was finished with 1/2oz fiberglass. Then primed and painted using Warbirdcolors. Approximately 10,000 rivits, no decals - all hand painted (including nose art). The power train uses a varioprop, Electrifly Rimfire 1.20, CC Phoenix Edge 100, 6S 5000 mah battery, CC BEC, Spectrum VR5203 (for the Eflite 60-120 retracts). Robart retractable tailwheel, tailwheel gear doors and closing mechanism hand made. Excuse the mess in the man cave

Leave a comment:

• rc-eflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    Great job RC, love those stars!! Johnsons floor care eh?

Grossman56
    Thanks, yeah the trick is use lots of light coats. If you try to do too heavy you can get a cloudy area. Some people thin it but I never have trouble spraying it straight and that's using a .3 mm airbrush.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Grossman56
    replied
    Great job RC, love those stars!! Johnsons floor care eh?

Grossman56

Leave a comment:

• rc-eflyer
    replied
    Got a HK Radjet as a Xmas present and as it is pretty small, rolls like a demon, and flies fairly fast I had a couple of times when I lost orientation for a few seconds during the first few flights. Besides that it was covered in huge plastic orange and black stickers that were not that different top and bottom. So, with the help of a little lighter fluid I removed them all and repainted with a scheme that is VERY different top and bottom. I think it came out pretty nice and it was MUCH easier to see when I flew it last weekend. BTW, I painted it with ordinary craft acrylics and cleared it with the Johnsons floor care (Future) to protect and give it some gloss.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Grossman56
    replied
    I got Callie to make the decals which extend from front to back on the Fuse. I also received enough extra material to do the nose and tail surfaces!! The upper wing is one loooonnnngggg decal, lots of fun!!
    One tip though, if you want to install decals on the plane, strip the mold release off with IPA, install decals then Minwax. For some reason, they didn't really like to bind to the Minwax with this plane, so there was a lot of CA gluing to keep the corners down. Also. the existing decals come off fairly easily, they're much like packing tape. I found that if you bent them right back, 180 degrees, they peeled fairly well. One of the other guys recommended using ice on them first, which is something I'd definitely try if I do another Pitts. Oh, and also, I used good old household latex white paint to hide the foam beads. Works really well, did the same to the Waco and it make s a big difference. Then Minwax or Varathane (I prefer the Varathane) for a great shine. Armor All helps, but car wax rocks!!
    She's going with me to Wisconsin this year where Dave and I are going to get pics of the real one side by side, going for a Model Airplane News cover, hopefully!!!

Grossman56

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    Is that FMS Pitts covered in blue vinyl? Whatever it is it looks great! Completely different looking airplane in those colors.

Leave a comment:

• Grossman56
    replied
    Some of my conversions and paintings

Leave a comment:

• tdevince
    replied
    Originally posted by Davy101 View Post
    RE: SHOW OFF YOUR PAINTING WORK HERE

I'm guessing that's a vario prop. If so, where did you find one? They have been out of stock forever. :-)
    I got my 4 blade 12C direct from www.Ramoser.de. I ordered a 3 blade 12C from JB Hobbies.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied

Welcome, Jiggz, I love your Tiger Moth! Classy photo op with that foggy background.

Leave a comment:

• F106DeltaDart
    replied

Originally posted by jiggz
    Hey all ..just joined here ..this thread caught my eye strait away ..

Here's a few of mine
    Nice work, I love the Hellcat!

Leave a comment:

• jiggz
    replied

Hey all ..just joined here ..this thread caught my eye strait away ..

Here's a few of mine
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Davy101
    replied

I'm guessing that's a vario prop. If so, where did you find one? They have been out of stock forever. :-)

Leave a comment:

• F106DeltaDart
    replied

Originally posted by OV10
    Hello Delta,
    What's the make of that prop hub on the P-47
    I made the hub out of styrene over an art tech 1300mm Mustang prop. The spinner nut is the stock one for the P-47 I believe.

Leave a comment:

• OV10
    replied

Hello Delta,
    What's the make of that prop hub on the P-47

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied

I love your Thunderbolt, DeltaDart! Well done on that scheme, you don't see that one every day.

Leave a comment:

• F106DeltaDart
    replied

Originally posted by Davy101
    Very cool redos. What prop is that on the Corsair, APC 15.5 trimmed down?
    Yep that's it. APC 15.5 trimmed down to 13.5, running on a dynam 650v motor and 80A ESC on 4S.

Leave a comment:

• Davy101
    replied

Very cool redos. What prop is that on the Corsair, APC 15.5 trimmed down?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X