Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seaviper
    replied
    Sweet. I will definitely try the post-it note thing! Looks great Alpha!

Leave a comment:

• Twowingtj
    replied
    Looks great Alpha. Yes, I would like to see a thread on your technique.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
    Geez Alpha, with the red tape and the heart in the middle of it, I thought you were wrapping it up for your hunny,"Here dear, look what I bought you!"
    I was ready to post you that it doesn't work and save you, good cover up," Naw, just kidding, I'm repainting it, I wouldn't do that to you!!"

LOL

Great paint job!!!!!
    Ha, that photo was used on our Instagram account as a teaser photo of what was to come. It was released on Feb 14, hence the heart and pink Post-Its ;)

Leave a comment:

• Grossman56
    replied
    Geez Alpha, with the red tape and the heart in the middle of it, I thought you were wrapping it up for your hunny,"Here dear, look what I bought you!"
    I was ready to post you that it doesn't work and save you, good cover up," Naw, just kidding, I'm repainting it, I wouldn't do that to you!!"

LOL

Great paint job!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• boomer108
    replied
    Very nice work Alpha!

Roy B.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Nice work there Alpha...Looks sweet.

Leave a comment:

• PappaBear
    replied
    Thats good Alpha, it's nice to be able to see it.

Martin.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    Definitely not low vis gray! This link helped me immensely for the pattern, color, and other details.

JetMang became the first person to both enter an EDF and win a Scale Masters Expert category, using his JHH twin 70mm F-14 back in 2004. His was painted in an NSAWC scheme back then and I remember liking this scheme from when I first saw them in the late 90s.

Click image for larger version  Name:	doc2-005.jpg Views:	1 Size:	131.4 KB ID:	62840

Leave a comment:

• TiredIronGRB
    replied
    Pretty wild looking...

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    For this week's Instagram promotion, I spent an evening masking and repainting one of my Freewing 80mm F-14D Tomcats in NSAWC's splinter aggressor markings. I'm waiting on decals from Callie to finish it off in terms of insignia and various markings, then as time allows I might scale out the cockpit and landing gear. Although, spare time is a commodity here at Motion RC's product development department, so it might be awhile before I get another window ;)

If anyone's interested, I can post a tutorial in a separate thread showing more detail about my Post-It masking technique which allowed me to mask and paint all three top colors over a preshaded layer, all in just one evening's worth of work. It's quick, precise, reusable, gentle on foam, and the results speak for themselves.

Follow #motionRC on Instagram for more insider info on special projects, promotions, and general goings on behind the scenes at Motion RC!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tomcat Valentine.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	62827

NSAWC F-14 in splinter camo to approximate an Eastern bloc Flanker for aggressor/adversary training at Fallon

Name:	IMG_2351.JPG
Views:	598
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	62828

Minimal pre-shading, as NSAWC's F-14s were kept generally clean compared to carrier based Turkeys.

Name:	IMG_2342.JPG
Views:	585
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	62830

Now waiting on more decals from Callie before I weather the model.

Name:	IMG_2343.JPG
Views:	589
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	62831

Do you feel the need?

Name:	IMG_2345.JPG
Views:	579
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	62829

Leave a comment:

• Twowingtj
    replied
    I like the T-Shirt idea Alpha.

It would be interesting to see something like this done up in a good foam model. It has a lot of wing area in scale dimensions. It has a very wide flight envelope. It can fly like a trainer, or if powered like mine, can be a bullet. The wing loading is so light that anyone with airleron experience could fly it. Mine doesn't even have or need flaps. No side thrust is needed, just about 3deg down thrust. You still have to balance it at the center of the wingspan laterally. Standard 90deg retracts. Mine is a one piece wing, but a three piece, like the P-38 would be better. Molds would be fairly simple. I'm not sure what the potential market might be. Just the novelty factor alone might create a market.

Thanks for the kudos guys.

Leave a comment:

• Grossman56
    replied
    Amazing TJ, that's definitely an eye catcher, love the detail work!!

Grossman56

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    "Did you use all the parts?" <-- That's hilarious, Twowingtj! You should make a T-shirt that says "Yes it's supposed to look like that" and wear it whenever you fly it. I appreciate the BV-141 because it was part of a series of aircraft that really pushed aerodynamic design. In peacetime I would imagine an aircraft like that would have been related to Experimental,but this one actually flew and flew well, albeit never in full production. It's still a standout at any flying event, I'm sure. Not many structurally asymmetrical aircraft out there!

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Nice job! Very cool plane!

Leave a comment:

• Twowingtj
    replied
    The one I put the most paint work into lately is an 82" Blohm & Voss BV-141B. Has fiberglass fuse and build up wings and tailplanes. It is powered with a 1.60 290kv electric on 9S 5000mah. I get a lot of comments at the field like, "Is it supposed to look like that? Did you use the plans and all of the parts?" It actually flys quite nice with no bad characteristics. It is painted with Rustoleum rattle can and top coated with krylon matt.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Phatbob
    replied
    Kinda makes me want one!

Leave a comment:

• Twowingtj
    replied
    Nice work Aeros. That's a sweet looking Jug.

Leave a comment:

• Aros
    replied
    My latest...Painted the FMS 1.5M Razorback as "Zombie"

Name:	zombiemaiden2.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	59878

Name:	zombiemaiden3.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	59879

Leave a comment:

• Clearblue
    replied
    Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
    Thank you guys. Here's a few more pic. Enjoy!
    Phatbob, That is one sweet D7! 1/6? Sure looks like a 1/3rd in the pictures. The Details are just amazing for a 1/6. Awesome job there sir!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X