Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched it, pilots outfits are next... but need a good reference picture for that.

James, the name is pronounced as the actor “dick van dijke”, just add an ‘n’ add the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fsr045 View Post
      About halfway done on my Israeli paint scheme on freewing 70mm f-16
      Looks GREAT! I did the IAF scheme on my 70mm some time ago too. Looks very cool whether flying by or just looking awesome sitting around....cheers Kurt

Comment

• A10 Demo Team scheme. With upgraded gear for grass ops. Learned a lot about airbrushing. Its not perfect but love the look.

​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4940.JPEG
Views:	520
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	267093Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0179.JPG
Views:	507
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	267094
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0180.JPG
Views:	528
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	267090Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0181.JPG
Views:	521
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	267091Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0178.JPG
Views:	511
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	267092
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by waytooslow View Post
          A10 Demo Team scheme. With upgraded gear for grass ops. Learned a lot about airbrushing. Its not perfect but love the look.]
          WT, Diggin' your livery. Invasion stripes and wave separation lines...all good. Great work, Sir. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Finally completed the IAF scheme. Disappointed that the foam melted in some areas due to hot weather but the project turned out nice for a first time with airbrushing.

Comment

Finally completed the IAF scheme. Disappointed that the foam melted in some areas due to hot weather but the project turned out nice for a first time with airbrushing.
              Fsr045, Outstanding! Hard to believe this is your first 'airbrush' work: your IAF F-16 looks like the "real meal deal". Love the subtle weathering, too. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Moki38 waytooslow Impressively clean repaints, both of you. I'd love to have one of each in my hangar!

Fsr045 Elbee is right, that's good work for a first time airbrusher! I am a sucker for IAF schemes. What brand of paints did you use? Did you use a readymade paint set for the IAF, or did you custom mix?
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Finally completed the IAF scheme. Disappointed that the foam melted in some areas due to hot weather but the project turned out nice for a first time with airbrushing.
                  I love it, exceptional work, you should be pround of that!
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Very cool! Love it. Agreed, you should be very proud of your work. The IAF colour scheme is one of the most attractive camo schemes imho. Well done!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                      Moki38 waytooslow Impressively clean repaints, both of you. I'd love to have one of each in my hangar!

Fsr045 Elbee is right, that's good work for a first time airbrusher! I am a sucker for IAF schemes. What brand of paints did you use? Did you use a readymade paint set for the IAF, or did you custom mix?
                      I used Vallejo Air paints for the camo and mission models for the light ghost gray parts. The weathering is a combo of raw umber and black.

Comment

• Originally posted by waytooslow View Post
                        A10 Demo Team scheme. With upgraded gear for grass ops. Learned a lot about airbrushing. Its not perfect but love the look.

Name:	IMG_4940.JPEG
Views:	520
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	267093Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0179.JPG
Views:	507
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	267094

Name:	IMG_0180.JPG
Views:	528
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	267090Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0181.JPG
Views:	521
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	267091Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0178.JPG
Views:	511
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	267092
                        Nice look! I decided mine will be painted like this prior to seeing yours. Not many with this livery out there. In fact, yours is the first I've seen.

​​​​​​​I just ordered the graphics from Callie. It's going to take me some time but I think it'll be worth it in the end.

Comment

• Nouvelle peinture pour mon MIG-29 FREEWING !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrys View Post
                            Nouvelle peinture pour mon MIG-29 FREEWING !!!
                            Looks great! What did you use for the IR lens glass?

Comment

• Non-scale Thunderbirds #22 after smashing my beloved raptor to bits flying it into a tree. Successful remaiden this AM, flies as good as ever.

A little rough around the edges but looks the part in the air.

Name:	20210108_133833.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	293512Click image for larger version

Name:	20210108_084022.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	293510Click image for larger version

Name:	20210108_084039.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	293511Click image for larger version

Name:	20210108_084051.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	293513

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

Looks great! What did you use for the IR lens glass?

It is a 20mm diameter glass dome. You can find some on Ebay for example ...

Comment

• A-4 Skyhawk "TOP GUN"

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrys View Post
                                    A-4 Skyhawk "TOP GUN"
                                    Now that's impressive. I love the varying density of the greens and browns, looks like the "real deal". Assume this was with an airbrush. The A-4 and Mig together make a sweet pair!
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Now that's impressive. I love the varying density of the greens and browns, looks like the "real deal". Assume this was with an airbrush. The A-4 and Mig together make a sweet pair!

Thank you very much, I airbrush all my planes.

Comment

Wow, perfect! I tried on my little Eflite 64mm F-16 but not the same level.. Did my best with my available paint :) still wip
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Latest paint work is on my old FW venom still one of my all time favorite Jets. This truly is one of FW all time classic designs that everyone should have. Just did a little weathering and papa free handed the eagle on the front.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X