X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Looks great Greyfly, welcome to the Squawk!! I love pictures that challenge the eye to figure out whether its the real airplane or a scale model. Yours do exactly that, good job!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Those are really well done.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	218449943_4019018794800097_7226635536930157425_n.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	321189Click image for larger version

Name:	216374208_4019018448133465_129957034433356802_n.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	321190Click image for larger version

Name:	217977404_4019018644800112_4891774013716601100_n.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	321191Click image for larger version  Name:	224091466_4066962256672417_4794155670530862713_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.3 KB ID:	321185Click image for larger version  Name:	214572488_4019018321466811_243236490040093578_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	196.3 KB ID:	321186
          Attached Files
          BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• T3, Very nicely done and really diggin' the CAP livery a lot on that airframe. Great work as per usual. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Beautiful!
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• t33jetman, Whose kit is that and what is the wingspan? I really like the detail. I am pondering the possibilities. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                  t33jetman, Whose kit is that and what is the wingspan? I really like the detail. I am pondering the possibilities. Best, LB
                  HSDJETS USA
                  2000mm wing span

BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Elbee
                    Elbee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks. She is a beauty, Sir. Best, LB

• Definitely on my Wish List.
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• T33, you knock it out of the ballpark yet again!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

•  

Comment

• Hi guys, will someone be nice enough to share how they prep and paint landing gear on their freewing jets please....

Comment

• Elbee
                          Elbee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          SN, I pull the LG first, tape off the strut where it compresses into the larger strut. Then scuff the parts with 0000 steel wool, wipe everything down with alcohol, and spray 2 coats of Rustoleum Clean Metal Primer. The finish is a very light grey but weathers nicely. It seems like the finish still chips easily, but looks decent. Touch up is simple, I spray the primer onto cardboard and bush paint the scratches. Hope this helps. Best, LB

• My AN 2

Comment

• Elbee
                          Elbee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Great repaint. Best, LB

• Following through on March Mayhem! Congrats to the winners! ..n numerous other fabulous jobs!
                        Here are more pics on my A-4 entry.. seldom seen SEA scheme; only in Asia/New Zealand!
                        Had fun n much sweat doing it!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Had a little 'incident' at the field a couple of weeks ago. I had damaged the tube in one of my Pandora's wings and tried to do a repair on it. Suffice it to say that the repair didn't work and the result was the wing removing itself from said Pandora. This poor bird has been through the wringer with me and at 7 years old, she's still a joy to fly. So, a new set of wings and center section were ordered ($20 for shipping!?!?!?!) and a rebuild around the landing gear slot was done. I've had the 'Art Scholl' wing scheme for several years now and it was time for a change anyway, so I when with a quasi Miss America design.
                          From this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3616.JPG
Views:	345
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	342093

To this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220408_092339.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	342094

As you can see, this is not a completed project, some touchups to do and some overspray to remove as well as the tail and nose to be completed. Instead of taping, I used cutouts as you can see under the wing. I pinned them in place and sprayed. It worked well and no paint being pulled up from the tape. Once the touchup is done, she'll get the usual five or six coats of Minwax so she'll shine like a little jewel and once more grace the skies.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Grossman56 it's a bit nostalgic, too, I think. She's lookin' good, Brother. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Looking good Gman. I should send you my Pandora and let you paint it you've got a great talent for painting.

Comment

• Right now it would be EXPENSIVE to ship!
                                If it's an older Pandora, just use it to experiment around on. Probably the best thing to start with is Krylon Foam Primer if you don't need the white showing through. My buddy Ron is bringing his over next week as the weather is turning sour and we're going to do the same thing I did on the Bearcat on his. I painted the whole plane black and then sprayed a few layers of blue over the black until it looked 'blue' enough. The beauty of this was that where the blue paint was a little thin, it gave it a sort of ' burnt' black look, which is something I hadn't planned for, but it was a pleasant surprise! If you don't want to prime, use Minwax and a rag to gather the mold release oil. Brush it on lightly. You'll see it bubble up or streak, then wipe the whole plane off with the rag to gather the excess, then let it dry for a few hours Go back and do it again until it lays smooth. Do a final wipe and let it dry. the surface should be good for paint. Tape might still pull the Minwax off the foam so that's why I went with cutouts this time, the results were better, I can live with a few pin holes that you really can't see afterwards. I just put a coat of Minwax over the plane and typically, some of the paint pulled off on the plastic wing joiners, no surprise, I'll just repaint them with a brush.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks for the tips Gman!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Corsair E (3).jpg
Views:	230
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	350851Click image for larger version

Name:	Corsair D (3).jpg
Views:	264