Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all! I am accomplishing a bunch of firsts here. My first post here about my first Corsair with my first weathering/detailing job!

Overall I am happy with the way it has turned out so far, but if anyone has any suggestions or comments they will be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by LL_Shoval View Post
      Hello all! I am accomplishing a bunch of firsts here. My first post here about my first Corsair with my first weathering/detailing job!

Overall I am happy with the way it has turned out so far, but if anyone has any suggestions or comments they will be much appreciated!

Thanks!
      I'm jealous! Great Job!!! :Cool:

EAA# 1366802
      AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Well done, LL_Shoval, what a great first post! Welcome to Hobby Squawk. As you can see, you're among friends and fellow flyers here.

What paint did you use? Tamiya? Testors? Vallejo? Thinned hardware store paint?

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
          Well done, LL_Shoval, what a great first post! Welcome to Hobby Squawk. As you can see, you're among friends and fellow flyers here.

What paint did you use? Tamiya? Testors? Vallejo? Thinned hardware store paint?
          Thank you very much! Happy to be here, I actually used a wash through my airbrush. The washes i used are primarily used for another hobby of mine made by Games Workshop. Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade were the colors i used. It’s kinda pricy for this application but i had it on hand.

Comment

Hello all! I am accomplishing a bunch of firsts here. My first post here about my first Corsair with my first weathering/detailing job!
            LLS, She looks outstanding. Great job with your detail work. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

My first post here about my first Corsair with my first weathering/detailing job!
              Your detail work turned out great! Welcome to Hobby Squawk.

Comment

• Welcome LLS! Great looking work very nice.:Cool:

Comment

Thank you very much! Happy to be here, I actually used a wash through my airbrush. The washes i used are primarily used for another hobby of mine made by Games Workshop. Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade were the colors i used. It’s kinda pricy for this application but i had it on hand.
                  Welcome and fantastic job! Looks the part! :Cool:
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Mixdup View Post
                    Few glam shots of my FMS 1400 P-51D Ferocious Frankie taken about a year ago. Nearly 100 flights on her now... She's pretty stock with a couple of small mods: landing lights, radio antenna in proper position, intake grill.
                    The withering was done with airbrush and sealed with 3 coats of matt polyurethane.
                    Cheers
                    Mixdup - Nice Ferocious Frankie - May I ask where you got the cone and spinner and/or the part numbers?? I'm wanting to use this set up on my Hangar 9 P51 20cc. Unfortunately there's a lot of information out there that's either wrong, vague or incomplete that sent me down so many dead ends. I know the FF has been discontinued but parts are still available and the reason I'm doing this is there are no 4-blade prop setups out there unless you want to spend $800 on something custom.:( Anyway, the correct blades I found are the FMS 1700mm P51 v2 FMMPROP001 (pic1). The spinner and cone I'm told is the FMSSG106-FF (pic 2) but this must be the original because it doesn't have the air / screw holes in the side of the cone like your spinner shows. Now I'm told the right spinner for the 001 props is the FMS 1700mm P51 v2 spinner (pic 3). It's a 3-piece spinner and now comes only in red for the "Red Tails". Here's the confusion. The original FMS 1700mm "yellow" spinner and cone (pic 3) does not work with the v2 props and you can see this original spinner is different than the spinner you show on your Ferocious Frankie. Your spinner has air or screw holes on the side of the cone and appears more elongated. Also, notice the new v2 "red" spinner and cone (pic 3) doesn't have those air / screw holes in the side of the cone. Was there a v2 spinner and cone put out for the Ferocious Frankie?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BFMS 17X9 Prop for 1700mm P51.JPG
Views:	686
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	188445Click image for larger version

Name:	AFMS Spinner P51.JPG
Views:	595
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	188446Click image for larger version

Name:	fms-1700mm-p-51d-spinner-v2-red-tail-spare-part-motion-rc-11277752710_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	188447

Comment

• It's nothing too spectacular but just finishing off an Arctic Aggressor scheme on my little L-39. I love the way this one flies.

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                        It's nothing too spectacular but just finishing off an Arctic Aggressor scheme on my little L-39. I love the way this one flies.

Looks great Bill! I almost did that with mine but settled on the Black Diamonds instead. :Cool:

Comment

• Very cool indeed! Love it! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Looks great Bill! I almost did that with mine but settled on the Black Diamonds instead. :Cool:
                            I was going for an authentic looking Russian scheme. You know, where they stole it from a flight line, hid it in the forest and used pine branches for paint brushes. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                              It's nothing too spectacular but just finishing off an Arctic Aggressor scheme on my little L-39. I love the way this one flies.

Nice job on the paint scheme. I also like the P 39 in the background! :):Drooling:

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	FE4032EC-DB38-4365-937A-2ED48AD36234.jpeg
Views:	568
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	188712Click image for larger version

Name:	1B635CA9-C1AC-44FF-BE14-2EFC6BE28E0E.jpeg
Views:	570
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	188711Click image for larger version

Name:	54F9BF99-0A97-4CC0-B72D-28F5F4902AB2.jpeg
Views:	604
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	188710

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post

Nice job on the paint scheme. I also like the P 39 in the background! :):Drooling:
                                  That's my old ESM Airacobra with DLE 30. The only "gasser" that I own. It too is a *****cat to fly but have had it get squirrelly on a take off run on a few occasions. Last time it happened it pushed the right main retract through the wing. I got as far as repairing the the retract mount but never did get around to replacing the damaged wing sheeting. Guess I've gotten lazy as it's way easier to pack a couple of foamy jets in the van and fly electric.
                                  I think this is the latest video I have of it in the air. https://youtu.be/KALkEChzdRE

Build log on RC Groups: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...P-39-Airacobra

Comment

• F22T, Really lovin' your Ryan. Subtle weathering and all. :Cool: Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• This was my first attempt at painting (airbrushing) a model and i'm pleased with how it came out. The hardest part was finding the correct colors to be honest! The international orange was easy but the different tones of grey was a challenge! I masked everything off using 3M sticky notes which worked amazing! Callie Graphics came through as usual with the decals. Still have yet to fly it due to servo issues and time. I am about to start of a 600 size UH-1N which should be MUCH easier as the one I am doing is about 95% international orange. I may try to weather the huey but will leave the Herc as is.

Comment

• THAT looks pretty darn great to me!:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post
                                          This was my first attempt at painting (airbrushing) a model and i'm pleased with how it came out. The hardest part was finding the correct colors to be honest! The international orange was easy but the different tones of grey was a challenge! I masked everything off using 3M sticky notes which worked amazing! Callie Graphics came through as usual with the decals. Still have yet to fly it due to servo issues and time. I am about to start of a 600 size UH-1N which should be MUCH easier as the one I am doing is about 95% international orange. I may try to weather the huey but will leave the Herc as is.
                                          IP3 - Nice job. I wish my first shot at things turned out that good! LOL:Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X