Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you must have seen us at our worst, or were you lucky enough to be here when we had a slight break from Winter??

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
      So you must have seen us at our worst, or were you lucky enough to be here when we had a slight break from Winter??

Grossman56
      They had the plane delivered to Phoenix (KSDL) and came to us for the week! We have 360 days, average, flying weather each year.

Comment

• Painted this big Extra 330 for a customer, and we called it a FW 330! His comments were that is was hard to see in the air, and boy does that camo work! LOL

Comment

• A F-15 turbine I painted for a customer. Note to self.... Always get at least half of the payment up-front.... I received 50.00 for this one... The rest is about 10 years over due now... :Not-Talking::Loser::Drinks:

Comment

• This is a Westcraft B-17G. Did the repaint and also gutted her and replaced the .46 two strokes with .82 Saito four strokes and all new wiring and servos, scale cockpit, etc. Made it war weary and shot full of 20mm and flak. We won first place at the B-17 Fly-In at Bomber Field in Monaville, TX in 2008. Going to do a new paint job and refurb for the show this year. The 30th anniversary of the B-17 Fly-In. I am the builder/painter, Robert (center) is the owner, and Bill (right) is the pilot.... Good times!!!

Comment

• This is a Lockheed L1011 turbine that I built and painted for a customer in 2007, I think... LOTS and LOTS of sanding. Then hit it with automotive lacquer for the shine! ;)

Comment

• ME-262 with Jetcat 120 turbines... Slammed a paint job on this one is less than 24 hours... It was primed when I got it, but still had to sand it...:Whew:

Comment

• I have a lot more to post, but that is enough for today!!! Have a blessed Sunday everyone! It is cold here in Texas...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                    ME-262 with Jetcat 120 turbines... Slammed a paint job on this one is less than 24 hours... It was primed when I got it, but still had to sand it...:Whew:
                    Outstanding Job I do love AXIS Birds. :bf109 Bummer no ME-262 inserts Goose:Cool::Cool:

Comment

• The Germans won the fashion wars and the paint job wars too! Glad we kicked their butts in the stuff that really mattered! Thanks Dad!

Comment

The Germans won the fashion wars and the paint job wars too! Glad we kicked their butts in the stuff that really mattered! Thanks Dad!
                        Oh come on now. I'll give you that the Germans had the most variety and variations of overall camouflage schemes but when it comes to unit and personal accents, markings and nose art, in my opinion the USAAF wins hands down. Especially the 9th, 12th and 15th Air Forces. :Cool:

Comment

This is a Lockheed L1011 turbine that I built and painted for a customer in 2007, I think... LOTS and LOTS of sanding. Then hit it with automotive lacquer for the shine! ;)
                          WANT. And also, your Me-262 and B-17G look excellent!
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

WANT. And also, your Me-262 and B-17G look excellent!
                            Thank you brother! I do love the hobby. Foam is soooooooo much easier! But I still have a few balsa kits that need to be built! And 11 from MRC still in the box!! :Cool::)

Comment

A F-15 turbine I painted for a customer. Note to self.... Always get at least half of the payment up-front.... I received 50.00 for this one... The rest is about 10 years over due now... :Not-Talking::Loser::Drinks:
                              ... one of the reasons I do not usually do these jobs for hire. You should also ask for double what you expect to weed out the deadbeats. They will have a 'one of a kind' model - you deserve to paid for creating that.

Comment

This is a Lockheed L1011 turbine that I built and painted for a customer in 2007, I think... LOTS and LOTS of sanding. Then hit it with automotive lacquer for the shine! ;)
                                That's a 10 - nice work!

Comment

• Thank you Sir!!! That makes me smile!! As far as the payment, yes it was a bummer, but I really loved doing the F-15. I have a Freewing Eagle in the box, so it may just get the same paint job!!! :Cool: And the L1011 was a bear, but it sure turned out nice. Like a Corvette hood... HA!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Oh come on now. I'll give you that the Germans had the most variety and variations of overall camouflage schemes but when it comes to unit and personal accents, markings and nose art, in my opinion the USAAF wins hands down. Especially the 9th, 12th and 15th Air Forces. :Cool:
                                    As far as nose art and the like, you are absolutely correct!!! Nobody like the good 'ole USA!!! Love it!!!

Comment

• Real nice work Hardway! How do you find time to fly?

Comment

• Wow, Hardway! That's all outstanding work. :Cool:

Comment

• Thank you gents!!! You guys are the best!!! I do fly on occasion!!! LOL

Comment

Working...
                                          X