Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work Aeros. That's a sweet looking Jug.

Comment

Kinda makes me want one!

Comment

Thanks!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

The one I put the most paint work into lately is an 82" Blohm & Voss BV-141B. Has fiberglass fuse and build up wings and tailplanes. It is powered with a 1.60 290kv electric on 9S 5000mah. I get a lot of comments at the field like, "Is it supposed to look like that? Did you use the plans and all of the parts?" It actually flys quite nice with no bad characteristics. It is painted with Rustoleum rattle can and top coated with krylon matt.

Comment

Nice job! Very cool plane!
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

"Did you use all the parts?" <-- That's hilarious, Twowingtj! You should make a T-shirt that says "Yes it's supposed to look like that" and wear it whenever you fly it. I appreciate the BV-141 because it was part of a series of aircraft that really pushed aerodynamic design. In peacetime I would imagine an aircraft like that would have been related to Experimental,but this one actually flew and flew well, albeit never in full production. It's still a standout at any flying event, I'm sure. Not many structurally asymmetrical aircraft out there!
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Amazing TJ, that's definitely an eye catcher, love the detail work!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

I like the T-Shirt idea Alpha.

It would be interesting to see something like this done up in a good foam model. It has a lot of wing area in scale dimensions. It has a very wide flight envelope. It can fly like a trainer, or if powered like mine, can be a bullet. The wing loading is so light that anyone with airleron experience could fly it. Mine doesn't even have or need flaps. No side thrust is needed, just about 3deg down thrust. You still have to balance it at the center of the wingspan laterally. Standard 90deg retracts. Mine is a one piece wing, but a three piece, like the P-38 would be better. Molds would be fairly simple. I'm not sure what the potential market might be. Just the novelty factor alone might create a market.

Thanks for the kudos guys.

Comment

For this week's Instagram promotion, I spent an evening masking and repainting one of my Freewing 80mm F-14D Tomcats in NSAWC's splinter aggressor markings. I'm waiting on decals from Callie to finish it off in terms of insignia and various markings, then as time allows I might scale out the cockpit and landing gear. Although, spare time is a commodity here at Motion RC's product development department, so it might be awhile before I get another window ;)

If anyone's interested, I can post a tutorial in a separate thread showing more detail about my Post-It masking technique which allowed me to mask and paint all three top colors over a preshaded layer, all in just one evening's worth of work. It's quick, precise, reusable, gentle on foam, and the results speak for themselves.

Follow #motionRC on Instagram for more insider info on special projects, promotions, and general goings on behind the scenes at Motion RC!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tomcat Valentine.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	62827

NSAWC F-14 in splinter camo to approximate an Eastern bloc Flanker for aggressor/adversary training at Fallon

Name:	IMG_2351.JPG
Views:	598
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	62828

Minimal pre-shading, as NSAWC's F-14s were kept generally clean compared to carrier based Turkeys.

Name:	IMG_2342.JPG
Views:	583
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	62830

Now waiting on more decals from Callie before I weather the model.

Name:	IMG_2343.JPG
Views:	589
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	62831

Do you feel the need?

Name:	IMG_2345.JPG
Views:	578
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	62829

Comment

Pretty wild looking...
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Definitely not low vis gray! This link helped me immensely for the pattern, color, and other details.

JetMang became the first person to both enter an EDF and win a Scale Masters Expert category, using his JHH twin 70mm F-14 back in 2004. His was painted in an NSAWC scheme back then and I remember liking this scheme from when I first saw them in the late 90s.

Click image for larger version  Name:	doc2-005.jpg Views:	1 Size:	131.4 KB ID:	62840

Comment

Thats good Alpha, it's nice to be able to see it.

Martin.

Comment

Nice work there Alpha...Looks sweet.
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Very nice work Alpha!

Roy B.

Comment

Geez Alpha, with the red tape and the heart in the middle of it, I thought you were wrapping it up for your hunny,"Here dear, look what I bought you!"
                                I was ready to post you that it doesn't work and save you, good cover up," Naw, just kidding, I'm repainting it, I wouldn't do that to you!!"

LOL

Great paint job!!!!!
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                  Geez Alpha, with the red tape and the heart in the middle of it, I thought you were wrapping it up for your hunny,"Here dear, look what I bought you!"
                                  I was ready to post you that it doesn't work and save you, good cover up," Naw, just kidding, I'm repainting it, I wouldn't do that to you!!"

LOL

Great paint job!!!!!
                                  Ha, that photo was used on our Instagram account as a teaser photo of what was to come. It was released on Feb 14, hence the heart and pink Post-Its ;)

Comment

Looks great Alpha. Yes, I would like to see a thread on your technique.

Comment

Sweet. I will definitely try the post-it note thing! Looks great Alpha!
                                      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

I finished a Dynam 1500mm Bf-110 as a test platform recently, and repainted it in a North African scheme, specifically 3U KS from Zerstorergeschwader (ZG) 26.

I didn't modify the externals of the aircraft at all except for the wing pitot and ventral antenna made from bamboo skewers and the top antenna made from styrene and painted to look like varnished wood. I'll add aerials later once the initial phases of testing are complete. The aircraft's foam itself is exactly as it is out of the box, just with a different paint job.

All in all, I really like this aircraft. Quite a fair value for the price! It is 1/9.7 scale, "close enough" to the other 1/9 and 1/10 warbirds we sell. There is limited space inside the fuselage for wiring, but I'll write a tutorial showing a simple way to accommodate everything nicely. I'll post that elsewhere to keep this painting photo thread on topic!

Circa 1941...

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08532.JPG Views:	1 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	64280

Twin engine goodness, in "close enough" 1/10 scale (technically 1/9.7). Close enough to the FlighLineRC P-38 and F7F, Durafly and Eflite P-51 and Corsair, etc.
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08511.JPG Views:	1 Size:	101.3 KB ID:	64289
                                        There's always water at my field whenever I bring a new plane out....
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08481.JPG Views:	1 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	64282

Dynam provides a good base worthy of your time to personalize with an evening of assembly and painting.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08505.JPG Views:	1 Size:	152.8 KB ID:	64285

Subtle shading to simulate fading in the African sun. The effect is better in person.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08534.JPG Views:	1 Size:	191.6 KB ID:	64287

Inverted pass....

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC08536.JPG Views:	1 Size:	219.2 KB ID:	64288
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	64297Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	64298Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	64292 Very nice Alpha. I did something similar with my old Airfield/FMS Stuka....Which BTW I would love to see redone in a larger 1700mm or larger :) format
                                          Attached Files
                                          Brandon Moon

Comment

Working...
                                          X