X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
    Tigercat A-99. Callie Graphics for the insignia. Someday I'll find masking tape which doesn't peel off the base color.
    I'm a WWII plane addict but I love that paint scheme. Stick the tape your shirt before you use it on the model, the lint will keep it from pulling the paint.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
      Nice job also bill, the yak looks sweeeet.
      Thanks Shirty. The Yak is a "sleeper" with hotter than stock 13 blade XRP fan/motor combo. On 6s it has some serious wow factor. Hoping to some day get some video of it on 6s.
      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• After assembling the 262 recently, and fixing a boat load of issues out of the box by the way, I went and modded the flaps. The original had just too much warp on the trailing edge of the wing. Plus split flaps on a Schwalbe look...well, I know there are a lot of compromises on this bird. But I cannot understand the split flaps. Anyway, after carving out the pieces with a small jig, I glued them together, puttied, then painted with spray cans. I do not own an airbrush yet.
        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Did the same to mine ;)
          Brandon Moon

Comment

• Looks good Seaviper!!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Nice touches!
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• The Tigercat is officially white primer now. Thought I'd try the Krylon Foam Primer, works pretty good, one thing though, with a plane the size of the Tigercat, get two cans, stock foam seems to absorb anything you put on it at first like a dry sponge. A small amount of putty work to do around the tail fuse joint as the white really makes it show, it was barely noticeable when it was blue.
                Stay tuned

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• New "Whiffer" Livery for the Tiger Kitty ;)
                  Attached Files
                  Brandon Moon

Comment

• I said it before, but man that looks good Brandon. Good news for me is I've teed up a mate at my club to teach me to airbrush, we'll have a go when I get the a10, so hopefully I'll have something to contribute to this thread in the future rather than admiring (and just a little jealous), of all your blokes custom schemes.

Comment

I said it before, but man that looks good Brandon. Good news for me is I've teed up a mate at my club to teach me to airbrush, we'll have a go when I get the a10, so hopefully I'll have something to contribute to this thread in the future rather than admiring (and just a little jealous), of all your blokes custom schemes.
                      Thanks buddy, Can't wait to see your work ;) Some day you and I are going to have to hook up and do some flying together ;)
                      Brandon Moon

Comment

• Just picture pre-school kindy paintings and you'll get a good idea of my work... :)

mate, I'm coming to the USA, it's just a matter of when. (And if old mate trumpy lets me in lol), but I'd be mightily insulted if we don't get together for a fly. That goes for most of you on the squawk. A lot of good blokes here I'd love to join for a session or ten.

Comment

Just picture pre-school kindy paintings and you'll get a good idea of my work... :)

mate, I'm coming to the USA, it's just a matter of when. (And if old mate trumpy lets me in lol), but I'd be mightily insulted if we don't get together for a fly. That goes for most of you on the squawk. A lot of good blokes here I'd love to join for a session or ten.
                          You just let me know when you're in Phoenix AZ and I'll have plenty for you to fly and tear up the sky's here with :) We'll have a blast.

However.....NO Blue nose Stangs ;)
                          Brandon Moon

Comment

• I think most you yanks fly mode 2 don't yas? Most, (not all), but most us Aussies are mode 1 over here. (Would you expect anything less given we drive on the other side of the road, use the metric system, and water drains the correct way?) But I'll bring my radio and a few receivers and we can sort that out quick enough...

ps: if you don't bring a blue nose, I will. ;)

Comment

• Hey, sound like a Shirty party!
                              Shirty does the US and we'll never be the same!
                              Actually, I was thinking, with the comments soemwhere on the thread about Aussies not drinking Fosters as advertised, maybe there room in Australia for a new beer.
                              Shirty's Blue Nose Beer!;)
                              Hey, I'd drink it 'til I felt:Silly:

And there's your slogan,"If you don't bring a blue nose, I will"
                              Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• My repaints.

Comment

• Nice!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Aw, what the heck, anyone who's following the Tigercat thread has seen her, but, well........
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9630.JPG
Views:	558
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	73632
                                    And the final product with all her sisters in crime behind me whispering, "Fly Me, Fly Me!!" Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9641.JPG
Views:	552
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	73633
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9644.JPG
Views:	549
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	73634

​​​​​​​Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• You go Dan. Get us a video or some pics of Maiden.
                                      Dewey l

Comment

• That Cat looks great! Never been a fan of the all dark blue. Too hard to see orientation. The lighter color actually brings out more detail and makes it look larger.

Comment

• Beautiful!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X