Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very impressive. Nice work.

Comment

• Thank you Shirty. Going to post a few more...

Comment

• This is a VQ A-26 that I converted to the attack version. Eliminated the glass nose and did the gun nose out of balsa blocks and 3/4oz glass cloth. Made the guns out of aluminum and brass tubes. Drilled all the cooling holes with a drill press....:Whew: The wing tip tanks are Estes model rocket tubes and ends... Was happy overall, but the final clear fogged my canopy so the scale cockpit is hard to see... Should have masked it!!! :Straight-Face: Oh well!!!

Comment

• This is an Alfa Models F-86. It has a 3 blade fan. It was one of the first EDF's I built. Repainted and added the pilot, etc. It really moves, but it chimes side to side. Could have used a gyro, but those weren't around back then!!! LOL

Comment

• An Alfa models FW-190 A8. Did a complete repaint to get it a little more accurate. Love to do the Axis paint jobs!

Comment

• A F-27 Stryker with a brushed motor and 72 MHz receiver. But it needed a good paint scheme and this just worked. Made me think of this old model when I bought the P.15!

Comment

• Just a few details of a 1/5 scale P-51D Mustang I am working on... Had some fun with the Robart retract air tank. Also painted the interior zinc chromate to hide the bare balsa... Recovered the rudder with cloth and added the rib tapes and trim tab and light socket. The interior is going to take some time, but here is a start of the seat and frames...

Comment

• To go with the Lockheed L1011 posted yesterday, this is the X-34 that was launched from the belly of the L1011. I drew the plans and did several prototypes out of pink foam before this final one came into being... Has an "E" size Estes rocket engine that the pilot can ignite after the drop from the jet... This is before Callie, and I can't remember where the graphics were made.... The last pic is not of paint, but it I wanted you guys to see what was needed to drop this little X-34. All of these valves work together for the retracts, the gear doors, the multi-wheel brakes (4) and the X-34 drop release.... :Whew::Silly:

Comment

• Hardway you're a painting machine! Love the Mustang elevator!

Comment

• I have slowed down quite a bit. I just have a bunch of pics to share!! Thanks again!! Trying to get the big B-17G ready to go for the show at Monaville in September. Hope to see you there!!!

Comment

• Awesome mate. My only whinge is you don't live in Perth. Sure I could help you add to that impressive list lol. ;)

Comment

• Great work Hardway!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I like your Alfa FW-190 repaint, Hardaway. I painted the same scheme with my Freewing FW-190, that we eventually used as the factory's paint reference for the Version 2 a year and a half ago.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00210.JPG Views:	1 Size:	141.9 KB ID:	128040Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00217.JPG Views:	1 Size:	95.5 KB ID:	128041
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00211.JPG Views:	1 Size:	153.7 KB ID:	128042Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00369 - Copy.JPG Views:	1 Size:	309.7 KB ID:	128043
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thank you guys!!! The Alfa Models were good little planes, but you had to do a lot of work positioning the servos to work smoothly (wire pushrods to both ailerons from one servo), and they were very fragile... Love the paint job Alfa. May have to do the 1400mm FMS that way too!! But I really want a tropical scheme! :Cool:
                              The camera flash washed out the mottling quite a bit. It is a bit more pronounced in person....

Comment

• I want to do a paint job on my Durafly Mustang with my air brush. Its one of those cheaper siphon style brushes so not sure how good it will be but I will try it first before upgrading to a newer setup.
                                Intagram, YouTube, RCAfterhours

Comment

• Originally posted by andre View Post
                                  I want to do a paint job on my Durafly Mustang with my air brush. Its one of those cheaper siphon style brushes so not sure how good it will be but I will try it first before upgrading to a newer setup.
                                  Should still work. I love my $30 ebay special...

Comment

• HI I have a harbor fright airbrush pump and an airbrush works great for 80$. I did by an aztec and about the same. I have a bigger airbrush and works well for 10$.

Comment

• Hello pilots....................I'm sure you've see the great paint works done by Ben (AkumaZeto) on the sticky thread Pilot Painting Service.
                                      I just finished painting the faux radials for my 1/9 scale ASM A-26 and 1/7 scale ESM F7F and with approximately 2 hrs of mod work and 8 hrs of painting, I can really appreciate Ben's level of talent and patience.
                                      Here's what I started with, FMS 1400 & 1700 Corsair cowls which are 1/9 and 1/7 scale respectively which gave me the foundation for faux radials.
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	FMS-1400mm-corsair-cowl.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.9 KB ID:	130293Click image for larger version  Name:	fms-1700mm-corsair-cowl.jpg Views:	1 Size:	132.8 KB ID:	130294

Here they are with the outer shells cut away and the painting completed.
                                      Still have to hog out the center of the Tigercat radial on the right before installing in the cowl.
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0799.JPG Views:	1 Size:	150.9 KB ID:	130295Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0823.JPG Views:	1 Size:	151.8 KB ID:	130296

Here's the 1400 radial on the 1/9 scale A-26 cowl
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0798.JPG Views:	1 Size:	80.1 KB ID:	130297Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0802.JPG Views:	1 Size:	68.3 KB ID:	130298Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0803.JPG Views:	1 Size:	80.2 KB ID:	130299Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0804.JPG Views:	1 Size:	140.3 KB ID:	130300

A little side note about the power plants. Am using the FlightLine 1600 Spitfire motor in the A-26 and the Tomcat G160"s in the Tigercat.
                                      I plan to start separate build threads for each plane once I have enough progress and pics.............. stay tuned.
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• OV, I'm just curious. what kind of paint did you use?
                                        Still Learning:D

Comment

• Walmart's Apple-Barrel brand acrylics. They carry the rainbow spectrum in flat & gloss and some basic fluorescents.
                                          Almost forgot.........the copper looking cans on the A-26 radial was done with a Sharpie - bronze metallic. ;)
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X