First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few shots of my recently completed Freewing twin 90 mm A-10
    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Looks great Bill, Spec, I love the 'cat line up what make is the Wildcat again?

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
        Looks great Bill, Spec, I love the 'cat line up what make is the Wildcat again?

Grossman56
        It’s by LX from Bananahobby. It’s not the best quality but I didn’t have a choice since nobody else makes one, especially with the folding wings

Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%:corsair

Comment

• Yeah, those folding wings and retractable gear are really something, I was just not wild about the panel lones, but hey, a project!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Got Christmas lights hung and then was bored, so I remembered that I wanted to paint the white portions of the Avanti with white latex to cover up the foam cells and generally brighten it up. So far it looks pretty good, sure shows the nose damage, can't wait for them to come back in stock!
            In the meantime, order front gear doors for her and an upgrade set of landing gear for the Tigercat, guys got to have something to do to while away the Winter months.........

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Got Christmas lights hung and then was bored, so I remembered that I wanted to paint the white portions of the Avanti with white latex to cover up the foam cells and generally brighten it up. So far it looks pretty good, sure shows the nose damage, can't wait for them to come back in stock!
              In the meantime, order front gear doors for her and an upgrade set of landing gear for the Tigercat, guys got to have something to do to while away the Winter months.........

Grossman56
              May I ask, Why the upgrade for the Tigercat landing gear? Looks? Necessity?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post

May I ask, Why the upgrade for the Tigercat landing gear? Looks? Necessity?
                Not for necessity nor looks but that a good suspension always helps unload the landing forces much more so than those stiff legged struts.
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Proper spring loading will have the springs slightly to 1/4 of travel range compress the strut under just the weight of the aircraft (ready to fly with batteries or full fuel load) sitting in place.
                  Too stiff and they might as well be solid. Too weak of a spring and it will hit the bottom stop too easily and that will almost be as bad as a solid strut too.
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Dave, it's more of a 'just cuz" I've got a lot of flights on her now and she lands and takes off beautifully with the stock system. The modder in me is constantly looking for something more. When I have a great plane, I just want to make it even greater. That's why most of my planes have upgraded motors or whatever.
                    The dummy radials have been doctored up, and are coming out for some more detailing, keeps me out of trouble;)

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Dave, it's more of a 'just cuz" I've got a lot of flights on her now and she lands and takes off beautifully with the stock system. The modder in me is constantly looking for something more. When I have a great plane, I just want to make it even greater. That's why most of my planes have upgraded motors or whatever.
                      The dummy radials have been doctored up, and are coming out for some more detailing, keeps me out of trouble;)

Grossman56
                      Gman...........want a really great modding idea that will keep ya out of trouble;)
                      Get a larger hangar into that rolling bunkhouse :P:Silly:LOL
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• H, I think THAT would get me into even greater trouble!!!;)
                        Just got the F-16 manual finished and posted. These rewrites keep me out of trouble as well!!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Not for necessity nor looks but that a good suspension always helps unload the landing forces much more so than those stiff legged struts.
                          Thanks to all who set me straight on the upgraded struts for the TC. Makes perfect sense. I fly off of a somewhat rough grass field, and after reading all the reports of they aren't necessary, was curios as to why he decided to upgrade. I will place my order for the struts this evening and have them installed before maiden.If this Cat is half as much fun as the P-38, I'm sure I'll take it to the field every trip. Again, thanks all!

Comment

• Freewing 70mm F-16. Gray: Behr acrylic (color matched at Home Depot) R,W,B: Rust-Oleum, ProCover paint and primer, Polycrylic Satin after applying new graphics from Callie-Graphics.

Comment

• Sweet! :Cool:

Comment

• Comment

• Papaw would be proud:Cool:
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Nice work, Ryan! :Cool:

Comment

• OH OH, Ryan's got the bug!

Looks great my friend, keep up the good work!!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Freewing 90mm F-104.

She was originally silver. Then I went to a JaboG 32 camo. Didn't like it. Now she's a Marineflieger. MFG1 graphics by Callie of course.
                                        There are several items which I am sure the scale police will fine me for, like the discolored metal on the tail and the white tanks with blue checkerboards. The tail color was the result of an experiment mixing paints.
                                        The white tanks are scale more or less. They just belong to another squadron. But I can see them better against the sky than the correct ones.
                                        Also I don't know if they had chromate wheel wells, but I do.

Anyway, she is signed off and ready for duty. Now I got to repaint the A-4 before the Phantom arrives!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180215_083332.jpg Views:	1 Size:	106.3 KB ID:	118074Click image for larger version  Name:	20180215_083315.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.6 KB ID:	118077Click image for larger version  Name:	20180215_083136.jpg Views:	1 Size:	155.3 KB ID:	118076Click image for larger version  Name:	20180215_082800.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.0 KB ID:	118073Click image for larger version  Name:	20180215_082809.jpg Views:	1 Size:	110.1 KB ID:	118075
                                        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Well done. Looks really good to me. :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X