Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good WBC! Been making some progress on the 1/3 scale D-VIII as well. Still have the dummy rotary and the cowl to do yet. We might actually be flying these birds this yearLOL. To give an idea of size, that fuse is 81" long.

Comment

• Looking good guys!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Nice work :)

Comment

• I've been following this thread for a while now and have seen many impressive birds and paint schemes. Out of all the repaints and redo's, I've only seen two, well, actually three Pandora's(two from Grossman56 and one from Lon) are there any more out there. I just got mine a little while ago and still running repaint ideas in my mind right now.
          Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

• I don't know if I'm the only one, but, the original decals on the Pandora was a little too busy for me, so, I just had to remove some of them. Now it's a little more tolerable ...
            Straighten Up - Fly Right

Comment

• I was just wondering if any of you guys have ever redone an Apprentice! I don't really fly mine hardly ever, but have been thinking about doing something to it.
              Still Learning:D

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                Looking good WBC! Been making some progress on the 1/3 scale D-VIII as well. Still have the dummy rotary and the cowl to do yet. We might actually be flying these birds this yearLOL. To give an idea of size, that fuse is 81" long.
                hm......
                AMA 1102566

Comment

• Getting near the graphics on the A-4 Skyhawk. Doing it in Royal New Zealand Air Force livery... Not exactly scale paint pattern, but it will work.... Still touchups to do and repainting the nozzle. And of course, some weathering when the graphics are done! :Whew:

Comment

• Originally posted by mcriley2 View Post
                    I don't know if I'm the only one, but, the original decals on the Pandora was a little too busy for me, so, I just had to remove some of them. Now it's a little more tolerable ...
                    Yep, too busy, had to calm them down ;)

Before....
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2982.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	135726Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3012.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	135727

And after, yeah I know, old pics but they both flew a couple of days ago, they're both 4 years old now, hard to believe!!

Name:	everyting 088.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	135725Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6116.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	135728Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8853.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	135729

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• Super cool repaint Grossman!
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks Aros! My first attempt at painting an airplane was the Uncle Sam Pandora, Pandora One. The fellow that I'm helping to learn to fly has the stock Blue version of the Pandora in Tail dragger/ high wing position, sure strange to see a Pandora with no dents!! He had to look twice to believe mine were Pandoras!! Especially with the E Flite Spitfire Motor in the yellow one. Doesn't really go any faster, just looks mean!
                        BTW, on the same topic, Patrick had never flown R/C before and didn't really know anything. He had some questions and phoned Motion R/C help and was really pleased with the customer service. Ended up with the Pandora and an Admiral Receiver and a DX 8, great gear and great customer service. He basically listened to what I said and ordered it. Makes me proud to hear awesome feedback!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                          Thanks Aros! My first attempt at painting an airplane was the Uncle Sam Pandora, Pandora One. The fellow that I'm helping to learn to fly has the stock Blue version of the Pandora in Tail dragger/ high wing position, sure strange to see a Pandora with no dents!! He had to look twice to believe mine were Pandoras!! Especially with the E Flite Spitfire Motor in the yellow one. Doesn't really go any faster, just looks mean!
                          BTW, on the same topic, Patrick had never flown R/C before and didn't really know anything. He had some questions and phoned Motion R/C help and was really pleased with the customer service. Ended up with the Pandora and an Admiral Receiver and a DX 8, great gear and great customer service. He basically listened to what I said and ordered it. Makes me proud to hear awesome feedback!!

Grossman56
                          Sounds like Patrick has a good instructor Grossman! Good advice on the Pandora. I in the beginning was told to do that first and I went with the Apprentice and then the Pandora and I hardly ever fly the Apprentice. I thought it would be better, but wanted it over the Pandora and I'm not putting down the Apprentice its a great flying plane, but my Pandora is always my go to plane in mostly any wind. Oh one thing Grossman, didn't you say you upgraded the motor and esc in the Pandora? I would love to have more speed.

Comment

• Yeah, I put the 3536-850 kv from the Roc Hobby Waco in both of mine and they add a bit more power. I already had a 50A ESC, so it was just a motor swap.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

This Spring, I had a spare motor from the E Flite Spitfire, bigger can, so I thought I'd try it, no difference really, just looks meaner:)

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Both of mine have the battery positioned in the cockpit, forward of the cross member

Name:	IMG_6184.JPG
Views:	328
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	135862

I put one pad of stick weight on the rear of the fuse as well. Pandoras tend to be nose heavy anyway and when I swapped out the stock Styrofoam tires for some DB's it added a slight amount of weight so I could move the battery back to where the pic shows, so much more convenient when flying with the low wing configuration. I also swapped out the A3L for an A3, which is set to the stabilizing mode for a panic switch if I ever get Diane to fly it!
                            It's actually pretty good, the plane flies straight and level and does not like to turn while in this mode.
                            This is such a great plane, I can't imagine not having one in the hangar.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks, I may check that out. I was wondering if anyone has done something with a 4s battery or something. I would just like to have a little more punch or power with some get up and go. I'm with you on a hanger not having one in it. It's always the first to fly as well as the last every time I go to fly.

Comment

• Didn't fly mine much last year and got her out to train with, but it is a fun plane just to be lazy with!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• My B24. Painted to replicate the 24 my Dad flew 52 missions in. 15th AAC 451st, 725th.

Comment

• Excellent work Clearblue!
                                    Love the motto below your name, wish I could get away with that one !!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks Gross! It used to work, not so much anymore....:)

Comment

• I hear you! Mine keeps an eye on he hangar as she flies occasionally!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Freewing Bae Hawk

Comment

Working...
                                          X